It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

promoting peace, that's the essence of Christianity.

Do you know how many decent people are going to hell, according to you? I just saw a couple of Christians standing at a festival we had this past week (oh, the headache was terrible that weekend
) holding a sign with a long list of words. Each of those words, as I looked closer, turned out to be a kind of person that was forever damned. I saw homosexuals, wiccans, psychics, rockers, and all sorts of other personalities decorating that sign. All people I know. All people going to hell.

And these people will be judged for the entire time they are alive. And you talk about peace? Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There are only two types of people. Repentant and unrepentant. God's standard is perfection, He doesn't grade on a curve, humans do that. To quote Socrates:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins but I cannot see how."

He understood the dilemma of a Holy and Just God forgiving sin without judgment. To do so without judgement would compromise His just nature and Holiness.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You have it wrong actually. Jesus promoted peace, christianity promotes hatred and bigotry. It encourages people to be fine with non-believers going to a place where they will burn and suffer forever.

That is not what I would call 'promoting peace', I call that promoting torture.

I guess you forgot about the Crusades? That was not peaceful, yet christianity was one of the main players in them.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I hesitate to mention the Crusades, because every group has an aggressive sect that shames them. The fact that we don't have crusades happening today is evidence of that.

I did, however, hear mention that the trouble in Saudi Arabia is because "they haven't converted." I almost broke my radio when they said that.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Christianity promotes none of that nor encourages any of that whatsoever. That's malicious slander. Do you frequent evilbible.com? Christians cannot force people to repent and place their trust and faith in Christ as their Lord and Savior.

edit on 19-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yes it is in the past, but the catholic church and the pope are the ones that gave the orders to attack, theywere the ones that supposedly promoted peace back then, yet they are the ones that started the war.

But like I said, it was in the past but does that mean we should just forget about it and act like it never happened?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yet you are completely and absolutely 100% ok for someone like Ghandi or Nelson Mandella being in hell right now and burning forever. 'Who cares how many people they helped and what they did for this world? They didn't believe in what I believe in so they have to burn forever, oh well though they should have believed.' Right?

If you are ok with that then I'm sorry to say, but you have no soul and no empathy for others. Christianity promotes a place of eternal torture, and that is a fact.
edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

He understood the dilemma of a Holy and Just God forgiving sin without judgment.

Did he factor in the supposition of "God" creating that sin? Did he think to consider that "God" is stuck with a problem of his own making? Did he think to ponder the idea that "God" is not only omnipotent, but perfect as well, yet he created both an imperfect race and a place to punish them for all of eternity, which equates to making an infinite amount of opportunities for us to f*** up and a way to punish us for such, when he could have avoided the whole mess and been happily ever after?

What kind of omnipotent and perfect being deliberately places themselves in a situation where they will have to choose which creations to destroy for flaws that they were given, and which creations to keep because they rebelled against the nature they were gifted with? And the cherry on the freakin' cake is that he's f***ing with living, breathing, feeling, thinking souls. We have rights too, but we were just made to be his stupid play toys, so he can see how we react to all these horrible games. Testing us, just to watch how we play. Just to watch us squirm. Do you see the long line of contradictions and twisted games that we're faced with?

I think God's name is John Kramer.

edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

I have an eternal light and hope. Do you?

Yes, I do.

"Don't be trashy?" Really?? Did you just say I'm being "trashy"? Friend, you are gravely mistaken if you find me "trashy."

I meditate daily, for hours. Generally after I awaken, I lie in bed and meditate. Later in the day, I sit outdoors and read, and reflect on the human condition and spiritual matters, or watch fictional dramatic programs, that I watch through spiritual eyes with an acute interest in the human condition. Then I meditate some more. In between, I usually (almost always) come on here to think and muse and ponder some more, among others doing so. If you observed me, you'd see me very, very often just gazing, apparently doing "nothing." Couldn't be farther from the truth.

I awaken energized, and spend my energy during the day, and go to bed at night peacefully. I have a perfectly healthy relationship with the Divine, and a perfect understanding with the message of Jesus. Whatever transgressions I have committed (and we all have), I have reconciled and owned up to. I am not troubled by my own behavior when I sleep at night, but am perpetually, asleep and awake, very concerned for the human race, and the planet. I am troubled by what I see humans doing in -- and TO -- the world.

I refrain from participation in it as much as possible, have walked away from every situation in which I was "told" to go against my principles by "authorities" or "boss" figures. I am no longer in the workforce, and do not run the rat race. I look after my home, my dependent animals, my husband, and myself. I remain close to my mother, to my father (though he has passed), and my children.

I take no charity, nor do I ask for any.

Is that good enough for you?

edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I agree with your analogy. Good post, star for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And I'm supposed to surrender my soul to this guy, just because he threatens me with hell if I don't. Why would someone so perfect need to threaten anyone? Their mere personality alone should win them. Look at the politicians! They didn't even create us, and we still flock like pigs to a trough!

Yet God needs Hell to convince us. What does that say about him?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yet you are completely and absolutely 100% ok for someone like Chanting being in he'll right now and burning forever.

If you are ok with that then I'm sorry to say, but you have no soul and no empathy for others. Christianity promotes a place of eternal torture, and that is a fact.

Men make their own choice where they want to be. If men hate God it would be more "Hell" to force them to spend an eternity in a place where God will be loved and worshipped forever. And btw.. the only folks who are scared of Hell are those already on the broad way there. No one will be in Hell because God sent them.. men are already on their way there. God in His love made a way out to anyone who asks. Sadly, most are too proud and rebellious to even take the free ticket out.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I have a difficult time meditating, but I generally do the same thing. And it's pretty cool, because I had a conversation with a guy who is very similar to me, in that we think about the deep stuff in life. He explained to me last night (I just recalled this, as the beer fuzzed my memory of it) exactly how the zero energy feld and higgs boson and all of that works. He described it as a web, and all along these strands of webbing, there are particles that move back and forth. These particles form a net, which is responsible for mass and gravity, and their movements create vibrations. The different combinations of subatomic particles cause different movements, creating different ripples, like waves of gravity. This is how multiple planes exist in the same spot at the same time...the movements allow them to slip right through each other, similar to how one comb slips through the teeth of another.

In my most humble opinion, as a part of my working Vibrational Theory, the strings are conscious energy. The strings are Source. The strings hold all of atomic matter in check, and thus, our reality is kept in check...even the fields that are beyond our scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Christ's disciples were eyewitnesses to His resurrection. Apples to oranges.
Starred you, but meant to hit "quote". oh well.

Christ's disciples? Do you know them? Personally? Were you there? Did they leave wrtings behind? Did JESUS leave writings behind?

We've been over the resurrection before NuT, and you know where I stand on it. Since none of the disciples recorded it, but some 100s of years later someone simply wrote down that they supposedly witnessed it, it can not be held up as [b]factual truth. Ever. Unless you were there yourself, your testimony is not valid.

I have, however, seen a letter supposed to have been written by an Essene who WAS there, who wrote a letter explaining what happened, how Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea made a deal with Pilate to let them have Jesus, and the Roman soldier did so, and they took him and treated him with balms and ointments, and "spirited him away" in secrecy. The writer also explained WHY this was not common knowledge, but a secret.

There is also written testimony that he went on to survive to be a very old man in India.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If men hate God it would be more "Hell" to force them to spend an eternity in a place where God will be loved and worshipped forever.

AHA!!! This is a very interesting point, and I'm glad you've introduced it. Heaven is an eternity spent with god, and hell is an eternity spent without god...I believe that this means in the next world, should we succeed in graduating to the next phase in spiritual growth, Love and Light (which is Source) is an innate part of life. However, should we choose to love ourselves instead of others, we learn the other half of loving...how to better love ourselves. And eventually, we reunite as we learn that we must love everyone, not just ourselves. A very subtle, coaxing learning process that reveals absolute philosophical truth. Check the Ra Material for more details, if you like.

So whoever said that hell was all fire and brimstone? I've heard many say that hell is simply separation from "God", and that makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is the fiery pits and torture. Who invented that part?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

they died because of something someone else told them, not as eyewitnesses

Isn't that what you're claiming? That what someone else told you about those disciples and apostles is your 'truth'?

You weren't an eyewitness and no amount of pointing out the tombs of dead people is going to change that. The eyewitness stories are not recorded anywhere that we have yet been told about; although I suspect they are hidden away somewhere, and not at all like what you've been told by someone in the 20th or 21st century.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If god truly loved us, he would not have a place for us to burn for eternity, he would forgive us no matter what we believed if he truly had unconditional love.

You say you are not afraid of hell because you have been saved, yet you expect us to fear he'll. The fact that you expect us to fear it shows that you fear it, only subconsciously.

You were indoctrinated as a child to believe in Jesus by youe fear of hell. So was I, and I realize this now that I am free of that fear.
edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

They were eyewitnesses to the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. What they were murdered for.. refusing to recant after torture.

Because what they saw was a RESUSCITATED Jesus, not a "resurrected" one. A Jesus who was hungry, thirsty, flesh and blood, with healed wounds, walking around. Resuscitated. Healed. Because his Essene supporters were the best healers at the time, and knew what to do, and made a deal with Pilate (who was, as you recall, sympathetic to Jesus' dilemma).

gha.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Did JESUS leave writings behind?

That's what the Knights Templar were supposedly guarding: the endgame to the theological dispute. The final answer, the make-it-or-break-it.

That's why it isn't in the Holy Bible. A little too much truth for the higher ups. Constantine decided that the spiritual message was more important than the physical message...unfortunately, that got reversed as we advanced into a materialistic society, a society more worried about their bodily health and the physical stimuli than anything else.

That's when the physical message took on a whole new spin. It was never about the literal story, it was all about what we learn from THINKING about it. We care more about the story itself than the thoughts it provokes. And then we apply the story itself instead of the philosophies it introduces. That's where we went wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Christians cannot force people to repent and place their trust and faith in Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Much to their chagrine. But they can shun, ridicule, demonize, judge, condemn, warn, and ostracize them. Nice.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join