It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

The world has broken my heart, yes.

Where do we go for peace if not to Jesus?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The single moral philosophy he taught: Love.

You don't need to know Jesus to know love. You don't need to know Hitler to see hate. You don't have to see the atomic bomb to know the power of fusion, and you don't have to have a dog to hear one bark. Love exists everywhere, bot not everyone wants it, not everyone likes it, not everyone knows it, and hardly anyone has it anymore. They want their cash, their diamonds, their sparkly toys and their sexy women. They want to have fun for the night, and not feel bad for the week. They don't want the truth, they want the illusion because it makes them feel good about their choices. They WANT to be lied to.

God isn't going to change that, because he apparently made us that way. Jesus isn't going to help either, because if we wait much longer, there won't be anything left to save. If we are forever relying on other people to show us what we have to do, WHEN THE **** ARE WE GOING TO START DOING IT OURSELVES. That's the ****ing problem with your Jesus, your God. That whole philosophy teaches reliance, teaches blindness. It teaches us to wait patiently while the world goes to hell, instead of fixing things ourselves, being proactive. It teaches us that everything will be taken care of, that all we have to do is sit and wait.

We're worse than rats. At least they abandon a burning ship. All we do is sit around andpray. "Oh, well, at least there's heaven to look forward to." What a ****ing cowardly thing to say. You don't want to CHANGE your fate? You don't want to CONTROL where you're going? You need a man who's been dead for centuries to show you have to be kind, to convince you it's a good idea, and a bloodthirsty tyrant waving a ticket to hell in your face to get you to be a decent human being?

No. No Jesus. No God. None of that. We keep hiding behind that skirt, and we'll never be mature, responsible, compassionate adults as a species. We'll forever be cowards, and stupid cowards at that. We're so afraid of what lies ahead, of what'll happen if we don't have asafety net, that we're afraid of learning to fly. We're stuck on the ground. See how many people have been successful with Jesus, without God, never showing a sign of religion, and yet they've done fantastic things.

If you need Jesus to live a good life, then it wasn't worth it. If you need God to know what's right and what's wrong, if you need to be lead by the hand, if you feel the need to demoralize yourself in order to be protected from reality, then I feel sorry for you.

Because I'm going to do it on my own. My own pressure, my own steam, my own experience. And you know what? I'll look death in the face and not be afraid. I'll look up at the sky and feel no fear. Because I'll have lived a good life, and I won't fear judgment because I was my own person. I won't be bullied, and I'll beheld accountable to myself.

I don't need religion, because I have me. I have friends. I have love. And I don't need a totalitarian god or a two thousand year old corpse to make it work. If a higher power sees fit to help me, then let it. But I'm not going to cower in fear. I'll stand tall, because my integrity is all I have. And I'll be damned if I'll sell my integrity for an illusion of the future.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A baby isn't alive until it is conscious. Conscious does not mean self-aware. Self-awareness stems from consciousness, not the other way around. I never stated that a baby is self-aware in the womb, I said that at some point they become conscious, when they become conscious that is when they officially have life.

Listen to yourself. You don't get the right, or authority neither is their scientific evidence pinpointing the exact moment when "life" begins therefor there is no saying for sure that a baby isn't alive until it awakens which is what being conscious is, being "awake." You and I are not dead when we sleep, while unconscious, so who's to say a prenatal child is not alive simply because it grows sleeping in the womb? This is exactly why my Father in Heaven, in whom Life is found, is Alive and is with us from the beginning even before we are ever conscious.

In a thread about the truth of the bible you wrote, "I don't have any sources, these things come directly from me." You do realize there is no way to understand scripture unless you actually accept scripture....remember Jesus and those martyrs?

I'm pleading with you brother, don't turn your back on Jesus. The innocent Sun wasn't hanged on the Cross at Golgotha, Jesus was.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You will never be at peace until you face Jesus and stop blaming everything and everyone else. It's not about me, the world, religion, Christians, or anything else because the only way to judge Jesus is by Jesus.

All I'm asking is that you give actuality a chance to become reality in your life and by that I mean the actuality of the life of Christ and why thousands would endure terrible suffering for a "corpse."

edit on 18-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Everyone following that faith is staking thefuture of this world on the arrival of a man who supposedly died and rose again...TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO.

I can't accept that. I can't forgive it. I can't believe that with all of our technology, and all of our power, we're relying on a centuries-old promise to save the world. We're burying our heads in the sand and waiting for someone to save our butts. It's inexcusable. It's cowardice.

Why not act now? Why not take it into our own hands? Instead of doing nothing. Because that's exactly what you're doing. And it isn't enough. It never will be.

The innocent Sun wasn't hanged on the Cross at Golgotha, Jesus was.

And where is he now? Myths don't save the world, but we can. And instead, you choose not to. All of you do. You are passing the buck. I have no respect for that.

I'm supposed to respect Christianity? How? Because all of you are hanging the future of this world on hearsay? That's mentally deficient. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely BEYOND idiotic. In my humble opinion, of course.

But keep going. Keep passing the buck. No one will save us. No one will save the world.
edit on 18-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Perhaps you might try to avoid the myths and legends about him and read what he said...

Jesus words are for now, and always my friend...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They are waiting for Jesus to come back and save the world. And until then, they will do nothing, because they believe they are unneeded. Do you see what's happening to Earth? Every man is needed. Every man, woman and child. We have to save the world before it's too late. All of us, our species as a whole. But none of them will do anything, because they are passing the buck to someone who died centuries ago. Someone who is supposed to descend from the sky and save the world.

It's not his job. It's ours. But they refuse to do it anyway. They're going to wait for the world to die, then say, "Oops."

What do you say to that?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

IF that is the case "they" are going against everything being "christian" means...

Inaction is against everything he taught...

Again my friend... don't focus on the myths and fairytales christians promote.

Does it matter if he walked on water? ... Nope

Does it matter if he cured leprosy? ... Nope

Look for the man behind the myth.... therein lies your answer

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I would also like to add that I used to believe in what the bible said and believed in Jesus, and I do understand where you are coming from because I used to be the same exact way. I have since broken free of the box that the bibles stories held me in though, and I feel so much better about myself and the world I live in ever since I broke free.

I have come to the realization that I am NOT inferior in any way to anything else, and the stories the bible told made me feel inferior. You probably will not see it that way because of your bias toward any teaching outside of the bible, but I promise you, it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders ever since I have woken up to the reality of things.

Bump, and applause. From me, for what it's worth (a subjective decision, but ... no charge)....!

I was not "the same exact way", and I've never believed what the Bible said (though I do believe the remaining lesson of The Golden Rule is the only one we need).....

Your description of realizing I am NOT inferior, and the bible making you feel that way...yeah, that's what.
Good for you!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Have you listened to them?

"The end of the world is coming!"

Their solution?

"Repent! Repent!"

That's all. Yep, passing the buck all right. Their solution is literally "surrender". Surrender to God, surrender to the coming of destruction. That's our legacy.

So here is my question to all Christians and Abrahamic followers: the world is obviously in some deep s**t. What are you doing about it? What will you do?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Peopledo not endure torture and death to preserve a lie.

If they don't know it is a lie, they do!

Suicide bombers come to mind. All the Christians who were burned alive, they come to mind, too. Just because they believe it doesn't mean it's true!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have a new thread going on, one that will answer the most important question, depending on participation. Everything hangs on this one, in my mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want, have a look.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Have you listened to them?

"The end of the world is coming!"

Their solution?

"Repent! Repent!"

That's all. Yep, passing the buck all right. Their solution is literally "surrender". Surrender to God, surrender to the coming of destruction. That's our legacy.

We've all heard them preach... why do you care?

I call it fear based conversion tactics...

but...

Is not better to read from the source rather then listen to the sheep?

edit on 18-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Because I'm going to do it on my own. My own pressure, my own steam, my own experience. And you know what? I'll look death in the face and not be afraid. I'll look up at the sky and feel no fear. Because I'll have lived a good life, and I won't fear judgment because I was my own person. I won't be bullied, and I'll beheld accountable to myself.

I don't need religion, because I have me. I have friends. I have love. And I don't need a totalitarian god or a two thousand year old corpse to make it work. If a higher power sees fit to help me, then let it. But I'm not going to cower in fear. I'll stand tall, because my integrity is all I have. And I'll be damned if I'll sell my integrity for an illusion of the future.

You GO! Yeah. That ^^

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I want the condensed version. The source is a little too abstract for my taste.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Start at Matthew 3...

And stop at the end of John...

Is that condenced enough, or do you need a summarization?

sorry but i can't help you if you're to lazy to read.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Everyone following that faith is staking thefuture of this world on the arrival of a man who supposedly died and rose again...TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO.

We may not have the same understanding of "this world" because this world is passing away and all things will be made new but the seed must first die before it springs forth into a tree. That seed is Jesus because what you are not considering is that even 2000 years ago living men and women stood against "this world" ultimately being fed to starved animals, gladiators, crucifixion, burning: which people did Nero burn at the stake for light whereby to see and eat? We're they not Christians who for the Faith in Jesus who is risen sacrificed their lives?

The living don't die for the dead. The Truth happened, brother.

I can't accept that. I can't forgive it. I can't believe that with all of our technology, and all of our power, we're relying on a centuries-old promise to save the world. We're burying our heads in the sand and waiting for someone to save our butts. It's inexcusable. It's cowardice.

Your faith in our technology, and all our power is severely misplaced especially in respects to things that are out of our control such as natural forces. There is a time and season to everything, even for the world as we know it to pass away. Spiritually and literally speaking, a refining fire is coming.

Why not act now? Why not take it into our own hands? Instead of doing nothing. Because that's exactly what you're doing. And it isn't enough. It never will be.

You are no judge of things you have no knowledge. I endeavor to do grace and love and I shall not be ashamed in Jesus name.

The innocent Sun wasn't hanged on the Cross at Golgotha, Jesus was.

And where is he now? Myths don't save the world, but we can. And instead, you choose not to. All of you do. You are passing the buck. I have no respect for that.

I have waited a long time to finally hear someone say that. He's coming.

Also, I have no respect for and ATS has no place for calling the history of the Christians mythology. We deny ignorance here.

I'm supposed to respect Christianity? How? Because all of you are hanging the future of this world on hearsay? That's mentally deficient. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely BEYOND idiotic. In my humble opinion, of course.

No, love Jesus.

But keep going. Keep passing the buck. No one will save us. No one will save the world.

Hope in Jesus. He will do as he promised. Believe and do not doubt.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I have waited a long time to finally hear someone say that. He's coming.

Also, I have no respect for and ATS has no place for calling the history of the Christians mythology. We deny ignorance here.

*facepalm*

No,

wait for it!:

There.

We do deny ignorance here. So, why are you doing this? If you have no respect for the people on ATS who are challenging millennia-old doctrine, why are you here?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Hope in Jesus. He will do as he promised. Believe and do not doubt.

Erm.......

let me think about it....thinking....thinking....okay......

NO! I will not believe, and YES!... I WILL doubt. It's up to US! For crying out loud, people, c'mon!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Don't be trashy.

Suicide bombers are nothing like Christians who Nero used for light on a stick. How utterly disgusting and ignorant of you.

Jesus told us we would hear people saying "where is he" but I've never on ATS heard it til now so don't have a cow, or can trolls have cows?
j/k

There are things happening that aren't in our control and hope has only ever been found in the name of Jesus.

Make a real considerate effort for me to meditate on why so many living people would sacrifice their life for freedom in the name of Jesus. Consider human nature and preservation of life. Consider the truth behind the faith of the martyrs. Jesus is risen, and He is coming. I have an eternal light and hope. Do you?
edit on 18-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join