It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I think, therefore I AM

page: 13
4
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 



So if life leads to consciousness, what leads to life?


Energy.


Sleep is when your subconscious is at work, which is still consciousness, just on a deeper level.


And here we enter the semantics of consciousness...what is YOUR definition?




posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 



That would be like me going to a Molecular Biology professor and telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about.


So now you're an expert in theology? That's impossible, otherwise you'd know how many ideas, holidays, beliefs, and traditions Christianity has stolen from "devil worship".



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 



That would be like me going to a Molecular Biology professor and telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about.


So now you're an expert in theology? That's impossible, otherwise you'd know how many ideas, holidays, beliefs, and traditions Christianity has stolen from "devil worship".


Catholicism, correction. And you're absolutely right. That's why many of us refer to the RCC as the whore that rides the beast.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


My definition of consciousness is us. We are consciousness, there is no way to properly define it because it is not something that can be observed, because observation is a result of consciousness.

Life and consciousness are the same thing in my opinion.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


At last, some common ground.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 


It's a very fine line, but for all practical purposes, I'd have to agree. Especially concerning the topic at hand.

And God is consciousness. Aware energy. Creative intent. This is all as much a part of Source as my hand is part of me.
edit on 17-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


At last, some common ground.


Take a look at the short vid in my sig about religion and my hatred for it sometime.

Oh yeah, there is sorta this thread going now concerning this same matter:

www.abovetopsecret.com...


edit on 17-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


Who says that babies aren't conscious when they are in the womb? They obviously are because you can fell them kick and research has shown that a baby in the womb recognizes its mothers voice and that voice soothes the baby.


At best, the research proves that scientists cannot say definitively when or whether prenatal children are conscious. I understand that babies react to stimuli but not in a controlled motor-functioning manner. Also, according to the books, we don't begin to be self-aware til about 3 y/o so to argue that we are "aware" of others separateness before we recognize our own would be ignorant.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


Life leads to consciousness. That is why nothing ever truly dies...it simply moves elsewhere.


If self-awareness is a product of being conscious which stems from life then God is "Life."



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


That's what I've been saying all along.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


That's what I've been saying all along.




Haha, nah. Say what you mean and mean what you say next time. I'm talking about my Father and savior, Jesus.

Did you ever find time to consider the existence of our Father based on the actuality of Jesus and the faith of the martyrs? pm me.



edit on 17-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


God is life. You just don't have a clear understanding of life or god. But I'm done with this conversation. I don't enjoy talking to brick walls afraid of their own shadow. And yes, your whole belief system is based in fear of your reality, so you need both a scapegoat and an "Easy" button, otherwise known as God. If you have to debase yourself in the process, it's completely worth it. After all, you'd hate to find out there's nothing after death, especially if you never did anything worthwhile in your life. And no, I don't call worship worthwhile.

Anyway, I have other stuff to do. Have fun with your pointless self-humiliation and lapdogging.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


God is life. You just don't have a clear understanding of life or god. But I'm done with this conversation. I don't enjoy talking to brick walls afraid of their own shadow. And yes, your whole belief system is based in fear of your reality, so you need both a scapegoat and an "Easy" button, otherwise known as God. If you have to debase yourself in the process, it's completely worth it. After all, you'd hate to find out there's nothing after death, especially if you never did anything worthwhile in your life. And no, I don't call worship worthwhile.

Anyway, I have other stuff to do. Have fun with your pointless self-humiliation and lapdogging.


Sounds like bitter words from a broken heart.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


The world has broken my heart, yes.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


We have an "easy button" as you say, because God wants and deserves all the glory for Himself. That's His design.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


An omnipotent being needs no glory. It has everything with a simple thought. Why would it want the easiest thing of all to create, with all that power?

There are things that are much harder to earn. Understanding, for instance. Respect, admiration, love. That is why we have free will. So Source can convince us to love it. Not your god. The true Source.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


An omnipotent being needs no glory. It has everything with a simple thought. Why would it want the easiest thing of all to create, with all that power?

There are things that are much harder to earn. Understanding, for instance. Respect, admiration, love. That is why we have free will. So Source can convince us to love it. Not your god. The true Source.


Missed my point, maybe i can word it differently. God will NOT share His glory. And we don't have to earn love or admiration from God, it's freely given. God's already declared His love for mankind.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 



God will NOT share His glory.


Why not?



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 



God will NOT share His glory.


Why not?


Because He said so..

Isaiah 42:8



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I think what you meant to say is that the bible said so.

Your entire belief system is supported by hearsay, or in other words, the bible. Try to bring hearsay into a court of law and you will be shot down very quickly.

ETA: I didn't mean to sound rude, it came off as rude after re-reading it.

I would also like to add that I used to believe in what the bible said and believed in Jesus, and I do understand where you are coming from because I used to be the same exact way. I have since broken free of the box that the bibles stories held me in though, and I feel so much better about myself and the world I live in ever since I broke free.

I have come to the realization that I am NOT inferior in any way to anything else, and the stories the bible told made me feel inferior. You probably will not see it that way because of your bias toward any teaching outside of the bible, but I promise you, it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders ever since I have woken up to the reality of things.


edit on 17-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join