It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Right there, Christianity is revealed to be at least partially inaccurate, almost to the point of a flat-out lie. The Bible states that ghosts are not real, and yet you've encountered them yourself. All demons and spirits were thrown into another place, not on Earth...and yet we have ghosts still walking this plane and this planet.

Which means the Bible is wrong. And if that's the case, what other inaccuracies does it possess?

Actually, it says nothing of the sort. The Witch of Endor (who was a medium) called up Prophet Samuel's spirit for Saul and he told Saul how he was going to die.

People were being possessed by evil spirits (Nephilim spirits called Demons), so i think you need to go back and reread the Bible, because you just prove to me you've never read either books.
edit on 16-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I don't read trash. I hear people talking about it, though. And if that's how well the average person knows their Bible, then you have a lot of righteous fools proclaiming about nothing.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You call a ghost throwing stuff around and scaring people as a spirit that thrives? Really? Me and you have different definitionsof the word 'thrive' apparently. Thrive means making the most of something, throwing pots and pans around does not qualify as thriving.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I don't read trash. I hear people talking about it, though. And if that's how well the average person knows their Bible, then you have a lot of righteous fools proclaiming about nothing.

That's why you don't know anything and when you speak it is with a fool's lips and a fool's knowledge. Don't come talking to me about what other people say, read the book yourself or shut up.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

read the damn book

Did you just call the Holy Bible a "damn book"? And yet you hold yourself as a respectable Christian mystic, which in itself is a contradiction of terms.

This amuses me.

edit on 16-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, the spirit is nourished through the act of learning and experiencing, the body is nourished by physical things like food and water.

A body without a spirit is someone in a vegetative state, would you consider having others to feed you and keep you alive as thriving? I do not.
edit on 16-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

read the damn book

Did you just call the Holy Bible a "damn book"? And yet you hold yourself as a respectable Christian mystic, which in itself is a contradiction of terms.

This amuses me.

edit on 16-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

So you switch to attacking my character when you lose in knowledge of the bible, please dude, you fail just stop because you're just proving the more you open your mouth that you know nothing but the opinions of others. That's what ignorance is.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is gonna be a short post, and I apologize for that, but I would really like some input from the soul-searchers of ATS. A realization began to come to me while I was contemplating the universe (as always, hurr durr :@@
and I came to a rather startling thought by associating two puzzling ideas.

When God identified itself, it simply said, "I am the I am." Quite possibly the only admission as to what exactly its nature is. As I pondered this, I recalled a very famous quote: "I think, therefore I am."

So what if...and I do realize this is a bit of a stretch, but WHAT IF...God was saying, "I am thought"? Well, where does thought come from? The mind. Awareness. Consciousness.

What if God meant it was consciousness? What if God is consciousness?

Think about it.
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

It appears you are on the right track.

There is the person meaning the person's conscious ego of the mind, as Karl Jung might define.

Then there is the person's unconscious person that appears to stem from part DNA and blood type, and the issues of how their perceptions are atune to certain concepts and that many can almost have an ESP with others and a sort of Consciousness of the Universe.

So, one has the person in the flesh, the person in the current ego and desires of mind, and the person due to unconscious effect drived from the 6th sense/DNA dispositions/and ESP with others. The latter is what some perceive as the spirit or god talking to them.

The latter is generally manifest as a bright light, a universe of benevolence, love of others, empathy for stewardship and good, often termed the Holy Spirt when so felt. It is man's humanity to man, and overcomes the issues of satan and hell.

So, in terms of Moses and his interactions with god, this appears to be on the level of the Creator gods of Sumerian fame and his DNA liniage from them. These early kin folks of Moses knew much about volcanic and rift zone issues due to want of gold, farming of volcanic soils, and the hand me down knowledge of his ancient kin folks that he would think in like fashion. Moses identifies with learning all the concepts of the lands of Midian and the knowledge of Jethro on rift and volcanic associated effects.

Moses kin folks were also the Hebrew that derived from this old creator god theme and were folks from Enoch, to Noah, to Nimrod and on down the line to David and Jesus.

It appears this special unconscious communication with these old gods concepts and knowledge is the theme of Holy Spirit that appears to be a mixture of the creator gods as Yahweh and Nature's concepts combined. It is this concept of Consciousness of the Universe that is mistaken for god, and appears to be some unconscious abilty to gather long existing knowledge from the ancients and nature's ways.

The Holy Spirit would not be a person, but that of a universal mind with values held in common and be like the versions of Holy Spirit presented in the Movie called "Avatar." It is this universal mind held in common via a 6th sense like the Pinial Gland theme sometimes presents that sets up that Humanity is collectively god. And the theme of greater that he that is within you than he that is within the world.

Pontificate on those concepts a bit and one finds the roots of reincarnations of earlier knowledge of individauls being reincarnate into later time persons.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No, I'm just amused that someone would tout their knowledge of the Bible (thoroughly outdated, as I recall) and yet refer to it as a "damn book".

To put it simply, you contradict your own faith.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

How can you call the Bible trash if you have never read it?
Maybe you should know more about something before you
say it is trash.Have your own opinion,not others' and not
what's popular at the time!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

But self-awareness manifests from consciousness. If you never became conscious you would never have had the chance to be self-aware. But you are right about 'I am' stemming from self-awareness, but self-awareness stems from consciousness, which means 'I am' also stems from consciousness.
edit on 14-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Are we not alive in the womb before we ever begin to live in consciousness? Are we, too, not alive while we yet sleep? And so we discern that life does not begin with consciousness nor is life confined to the parameters of consciousness therefor we cannot reasonably define our Father in Heaven completely as being "consciousness."

Although I agree consciousness and self-awareness are related, I believe each to be stages in the normal development of a life and should not be confused with being life itself or with being all-definitive of our Father in heaven (as per the op).

edit on 16-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Life leads to consciousness. That is why nothing ever truly dies...it simply moves elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Who says that babies aren't conscious when they are in the womb? They obviously are because you can fell them kick and research has shown that a baby in the womb recognizes its mothers voice and that voice soothes the baby.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It's actually the opposite, consciousness leads to life. Even plants have consciousness because even they react to the environment around them, it may take longer for them to react but they still react nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There can be no consciousness without life. There can, however, be life without consciousness. Therefore, life leads to consciousness. The exact degree of awareness is completely subjective.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That is up for debate. In my opinion they are both the same thing because if one didn't exist then neither would the other.

If you are completely unconscious there is nothing there to keep you alive, to keep your heart beating or to keep your lungs breathing.

Even when you are asleep your brain is active throughout sleep.

Sure, someone who is braindead can be kept alive with a machine, but do you really consider that life?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Someone who is asleep is not conscious, but their heart beats. Someone whose heart is no longer beating will never be conscious again (usually), and yet the sleeping person can regain that consciousness. Life is required for consciousness, but consciousness is not required for life.

Life leads to all else. Life is the doorway. You can have nothing, as far as mind and heart goes, before you have life.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

So if life leads to consciousness, what leads to life?

Sleep is when your subconscious is at work, which is still consciousness, just on a deeper level.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

I have been thinking on this verse, trying to make sense of what it means when it says born of water.

What is the last thing that happens before a woman gives birth to a baby? Her WATER breaks. Being born of water could very well mean being born from a woman whose water breaks.

Birth is a very natural thing, and I believe that is what this verse is hinting at, a baby being born from the water of its mother.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You've never read it yet feel adequately versed in it to correct others in matters relating to it? How does that make any sense whatsoever? That would be like me going to a Molecular Biology professor and telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

edit on 17-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join