It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm supposed to be a productive member of society, but I've recently decided that if the world doesn't shape up soon, I may just devote myself to becoming the Antichrist.

edit on 16-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Psalm 82:6 'I said,‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’

This is a quote directly from the bible and Jesus is the one who says this. Wasn't Jesus the son of the most high? Wasn't he god himself in the flesh?

If Jesus said that we are all sons and all gods, he must be saying we are all exactly like him, god in the flesh.

We are all the universe experiencing itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I agree with that...somewhat. See, Jesus was saying that to the priests. As ordained "mouths" of God, they were holy unto themselves, because they were "chosen". It helps to not quote out of context.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That doesn't take away the fact that those priests were men, just like you and me.

Like you said, the bible has been written and re-written so many times that there is no telling if that verse was edited or not, and there is not telling if a verse with Jesus saying that to every man and woman was edited out completely, but that is pure speculation on my part.

If the bible had a verse in it stating that we are all gods, that would take away their power over us because, in my opinion, the purpose of religion is to separate us from heaven, which is to separate us from god. In order to manipulate us, they must make us feel inferior.
edit on 16-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In those times, priests were different from common men. Priests were "married" to God, while other men could marry mortal women. They had certain priviledges, and made certain sacrifices. Their devotion to "God" made them holy. They were a step above everyone else because of their servitude.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That is a fabrication of religion, they only said that in order for people to take the word of that priest as complete fact, because if he is god and married to god, there is no way he could lie or deceive. Yet they did lie and they did deceive, and they still do to this very day.

If you agree that we are the universe experiencing itself, then you agree that religion is a twisted version of the truth, so what makes you think that that verse has not been twisted in some way?

Those priests were still born from the womb of a woman, so was Jesus. If god can be brought to Earth by birth from a woman, why can't that be true for every birth?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There are three heavens in the bible, two physical and one spiritual.

www.cupofwrath.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

And where are the two physical heavens?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You said earlier that there were only two heavens, now you say there are three.

The spiritual heaven resides within the physical, because our spirit resides within our bodies. The temple that the lord resides in is our bodies. Our bodies are our temples, because that is where our spirits reside.

Where is this other physical heaven exactly?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It appears as though there's some difference of opinion on what constitutes the two physical heavens.

Some people believe the Bible is referring to the sky as one and outer space as the second.

I believe that our sky/universe are one, God's kingdom is two, and "Paradise" as the third.

People are capable of entering "Paradise" when they die at this time. Only God and Jesus reside in God's kingdom at this time.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You said earlier that there were only two heavens, now you say there are three.

Yes, I said there were two physical heavens and one spiritual kingdom.

Edit: As far as exact location of Paradise, I couldn't tell you. At one time all people who died went to Sheol (which was in the center of the earth), which was divided into two sections. One section was Hades and the other was Paradise. Whether or not the location of Paradise has moved since Christ's death, I'm not sure.

edit on 16-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The spiritual heaven is our spirit, the first physical heaven is Earth, or planets, the second physical heaven is what's outside of Earth, or the universe. In my opinion.

The lord is a metaphor for our spirits, or consciousness. Our physical bodies do not reside in the spiritual realm, it's the opposite, the spirit resides within the physical realm, our bodies/temples, meaning only our spirits reside within the spiritual 'heaven'.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

"There are two separate heavens. One that exists as our universe and one that is God's kingdom."

Where did you mention a third heaven in that quote? You said one and one, which equals two not three.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hades and Paradise (heaven and hell) are both labeled under the moniker of Sheol, which implies that they are different but reside within the same realm, just as my point is that heaven and hell both reside within the universe.

As above, so below.

Hell is Earth within heaven which is the universe. It used to be a piece of heaven, perfect, until it was corrupted by man and his greed, who is Lucifer. Man was cast from heaven when we started to desire too much, just as Lucifer was cast from heaven for desiring too much. Once Lucifer was cast from heaven, he became the ruler of hell, just as man is the ruler of Earth.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You're right, I forgot to include Paradise as a separate heaven because I spent most of my life believing that we all join God in his kingdom when we die, but now I believe that we won't all be living together until God creates the new heaven on earth, the New Jerusalem. Although, I do believe that the Holy Spirit is capable of existing/moving between all three to keep us connected to God.

Universe = a physical heaven
Paradise = God's physical kingdom
Heaven = God's spiritual kingdom

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Heaven is described as paradise in the bible, if the universe is heaven and paradise is gods kingdom and heaven is the kingdom OF god, then wouldn't it go to reason that our universe is one in the same as gods kingdom, which is heaven, which is paradise?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I think you need to look up the description of what heaven (after we die) will be like in Revelation 21.

It doesn't even come close to resembling the current earth.

There will be no sea, sun or moon and the streets and the two rivers running through it will be clear like crystal/glass.

Pretty sure our current earth can't exist the way we know it under those conditions.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes, because Earth is hell. What are you not understanding exactly?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

How do you have rivers without a sea for it to flow from? That makes no sense.

Saying that the two rivers are crystal clear like glass implies that the water is pure, not polluted. Who is the one that pollutes? Man because man is the ruler of hell on Earth, when there is no man to pollute the Earth, it is heaven.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I believe that our sky/universe are one, God's kingdom is two, and "Paradise" as the third.

"God"s kingdom isn't Paradise?

People are capable of entering "Paradise" when they die at this time. Only God and Jesus reside in God's kingdom at this time.

I don't agree with this. Sooner or later, everyone returns. It's a cycle.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join