It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opossum protein neutralizes nearly all poisons, could have benefits for humans ( ricin and anthrax a

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is AMAZING. Why isnt this top news?! I can think of a million things to use this for .. wonder how pharma will respond though. This has been known since 1999... and no word of it that Ive ever read and I keep up with this sort of thing.

Opossums may someday provide an antidote to nearly all forms of poison, including everything from snakebites to ricin.

potential as a universal therapy for envenomation caused by animals, plants and bacteria."

news.yahoo.com...

bittelmethis.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
add another to the list of suppressed break thru's never to be heard of again in public.

but rest assured, all research will be taken over by the military, perfected and then carefully dispensed to the higher ups as they seek immortality to avoid, possibly, the fires of hell.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
add another to the list of suppressed break thru's never to be heard of again in public.

but rest assured, all research will be taken over by the military, perfected and then carefully dispensed to the higher ups as they seek immortality to avoid, possibly, the fires of hell.

LOL! You know when the husband and I were talking about this he said it would have mil applications and would be slow coming if ever to civs... aka chem and bio warfare vaccine.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The reason it's not top news is because opposum poison cures come at a steep price: test rats did, indeed, survive numerous (dozens) of poisons, however, they began to play dead. Scientists fear that initial human test subjects will emulate the rats' side effect: falling over in an involuntary and quite sudden narcolyptic state upon the site of anything the subconscious might perceive to be a threat. In the rats' case, they were shown images of cats, chickens and photographs of former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan and presidential candidate Mitt Romney. They fell into a frightened stupor each time.
edit on 11-7-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

i already play dead at the site of greenspan and cheney

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is amazing news! It's strange that it has been known for some thirteen years now and this is the first I have heard of it. I will definitely keep my eye on this one! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

awsome find, those disgusting things have to be good for something besides knocking over trash cans

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pushmepullu

awsome find, those disgusting things have to be good for something besides knocking over trash cans

TY and
hey now.. Id have one as a pet... if I could catch a baby without contracting rabies from a psycho mamma 'possum.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wait a second. I thought that Opossums were highly resistant to rabbies.

Kinda makes sense now.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Wait a second. I thought that Opossums were highly resistant to rabbies.

Kinda makes sense now.

Yep. They are the cockroach of the mammal world.. errr marsupial.
The more I looked into this online the more amazed that this research hasnt been hidden... it just hasnt been highlighted. You get out there and you will be amazed by this research and what all it combats. Ricin to Anthrax.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.scielo.br... This site shows the actual test results. 0/3 deaths in opossum protein recipients vs 3/0 in the control group.....EVERY time. This was done in TX with the assistance of Japan. This is so huge. It just proves my theory that the government doesn't reallly want to cure disease.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
www.scielo.br... This site shows the actual test results. 0/3 deaths in opossum protein recipients vs 3/0 in the control group.....EVERY time. This was done in TX with the assistance of Japan. This is so huge. It just proves my theory that the government doesn't reallly want to cure disease.

Its amazing.. and yet this thread has gotten as much attention as my old ancient weaponized rabies thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I've heard of the mountain folk in my old area using the saliva for remedies. I don't know if this is related but those folks did alot of weird stuff.
edit on 11-7-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Only if they clone this without hurting the opposum I hope. Because its not good news for the creatures themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I wonder what they EAT in their usual diets? Also what other habits my it have that may be responsible for its immunity. Sometimes I think if sewer rats & racoons were observed do to them eating some of the most unhealthyiest things there may be health helpful potentials their. It seems what ever you eat can effect your immunity to things so with that what is in the possums regular diet? Nice find Op

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So the proteins from an animal that plays dead keeps you from dying? If we take it do we play dead if scared?

It'll never be accepted here in America, the pharma companies and medical industry will say it's not true. They can't approve something that would jeopardize their income.
edit on 12-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I guess buzzards might have gotten the news. I noticed yesterday that they had picked clean the bones of a road kill in about an hour. However, after consider thought and rejecting the simple idea that they might have just been hungry, I supposed they are already about immune to most of that bad stuff seeing as how they eat stuff that die from about anything all of the time anyhow.

If any of you researchers are reading this thread, I suggest you turn your attention to turkey buzzards next. Hell, maybe the big pharms will be beating a path to your door if you find something, Now remember who suggested to you to look (literally) into buzzards, ya' hear?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Awesome possum!
Who is gonna start a possum milking business?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pushmepullu

Call me crazy, but I think they are kinda cute:

edit on 12-7-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just picked up a case of Possum Poison Killer at Walmart. Good stuff.

<<   2 >>

join