It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Handle It any more! Religious Fundimentalism Must DIE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just heard read this article here on ATS, if you haven't read it yet please take the time to read it now.Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

I am an Atheist for many reasons. I do not hate religion or religious people - after all our society wouldn't exist how it does today without our history of religion. But, I my acceptance of it's existence is ever dwindling.

My first thoughts were driven towards equality of thought and belief. Anyone could and should believe what they wish. To this day I have the same mindset. However, when it begins to effect others (religious or not), that is a big issue.

When the progression of education, medicine and technology are slowed or even halted, it is a big issue.

When the destruction of human history is a good thing for a single persons agenda and the rest of the world suffers in it's plots. That is a BIG issue!

When Rape, Pedophilia, Unwilling Human Sacrifices, Misleading information, Withholding Education, Racism, Suppression of Basic Human Rights and Inequality of Gender and Sexuality is enforced within the minds of people and children. THAT IS ONE BIG ****ING ISSUE!

I REFUSE to stand aside and watch as the future of our species as a whole is interrupted by the self proclaimed leaders of these fanatical, tyrannical and absolutely insane ideologies force these beliefs down their citizens and followers throats!

These beliefs effect all people. They effect all nations. They effect our health, our education, our children.

They effect our lives.

They need to be stopped.

Who else here feels the same? What would you wish to come to these beliefs?
edit on 11/7/12 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
I just heard read this article here on ATS, if you haven't read it yet please take the time to read it now.Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

I am an Atheist for many reasons. I do not hate religion or religious people - after all our society wouldn't exist how it does today without our history of religion. But, I my acceptance of it's existence is ever dwindling.

My first thoughts were driven towards equality of thought and belief. Anyone could and should believe what they wish. To this day I have the same mindset. However, when it begins to effect others (religious or not), that is a big issue.

When the progression of education, medicine and technology are slowed or even halted, it is a big issue.

When the destruction of human history is a good thing for a single persons agenda and the rest of the world suffers in it's plots. That is a BIG issue!

When Rape, Pedophilia, Unwilling Human Sacrifices, Misleading information, Withholding Education, Racism, Suppression of Basic Human Rights and Inequality of Gender and Sexuality is enforced within the minds of people and children. THAT IS ONE BIG ****ING ISSUE!

I REFUSE to stand aside and watch as the future of our species as a whole is interrupted by the self proclaimed leaders of these fanatical, tyrannical and absolutely insane ideologies force these beliefs down their citizens and followers throats!

These beliefs effect all people. They effect all nations. They effect our health, our education, our children.

They effect our lives.

They need to be stopped.

Who else here feels the same? What would you wish to come to these beliefs?

I am with you. But I don't share your blind enthusiasm.

The thread and article you mention is a complete pile of # and is supposedly based on the emotional response of a fake tweet. It is a good example what a lack of critical thinking, and a tendency to believe what is placed in front of you is capable of. People foam at the mouth. This means you're falling into the same religiosity and intolerance that fundamentalists do.

Inquiry and critical thought comes before emotion and enthusiasm.

This isn't meant to offend you in any way.

edit on 11-7-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: missed letter

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Thank you! I hope what you say is true. Unfortunately the reason I am so enraged by that threads contents is due to the fact that I can actually see religious fundamentalists saying such things and carrying out such actions.

The fact is, such events have and do occur by people of the same ideology. It would not surprise anyone that a religious fundamentalist group would propose to destroy such icons for the reasons stated in that thread.

Whether or not the content is true has no weight on the position I have stated, as I see you agree with.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah... I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about this one.

The destruction of history is an evil that has plagued man since before the Library of Alexandria. Now, we just have to make certain that we keep all sides of today's events around, so that neither the winners or losers truly dictate our futures understanding.

cough cough... bible?

There's no way in hell anyone is going to go and destroy the pyramids lol. Just think of what that would truly entail... You could maybe put a dent in it with enough dynamite... yet that mound would remain, and still symbolize what it always had. It would just further define those who destroyed it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Yes, I understand. I would also agree that if all religious fundamentalism (or religion all together) were to suddenly disappear, that I would keep all the information around for the sake of future generations education and the preservation of human history.

Regardless of it's past or current issues, religion is still an intrinsic property of humanities history, and that should never be erased.

Never-the-less, I believe we can rise above a system which is now a downfall rather than a building block.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I doubt they could destroy a structure consisting of over a million limestone blocks, each with a mass of roughly 2 tons. If they so much as tried, it would be the end of Islam - not just the extremists, but their entire religion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I'm with you here, Ghost, fundamentalism is a bane on humanity, isn't it? I too was upset when I read these minions are planning to destroy the Giza Pyramids, as someone else said, these belong to all of us, not just the Egyptians.

Human Beings naturally love each other, it is material things that make them fight and hate. Plus we were taught to make war on each other, I suspect to keep the population culled to a desirable number.

Religions and Gods will always be a part of Human life, I suspect, but if it were up to me, humans would see and worship the Earth as their God/Goddess. Perhaps then Humans could learn to take care of Earth, instead of taking joy in Her destruction. I just wish Humans would stop attempting to personalize and name that which they have no understanding whatsoever in. And no, I do not understand either, so I cannot tell you. It's secret. Humanity is supposed to figure this out. Perhaps one day they will.

top topics

join