It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man takes cyanide in courtroom after hearing guilty verdict (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Man takes cyanide in courtroom after hearing guilty verdict

www.huffingtonpost.com

PHOENIX -- Investigators who believe a defendant killed himself in a Phoenix courtroom shortly after a jury found him guilty of arson say their theory is backed up by evidence that includes a canister labeled as cyanide found in his vehicle.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Tuesday that the family of Michael Marin, 53, received a delayed email from him the night after his June 28 death in court.

The email includes information about his will in case things went poorly, Arpaio said.

After being convicted of deliberately burning down his $3.5 million Phoenix mansion, Marin collaps
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-7-2012 by Swing80s because: changed title

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Now that's pretty crazy! I mean you always used to hear about people commiting suicide during the great depression, especially people that were very rich and had loss everything and that didn't know how they were going to support their family, but it seems like the rich are starting this trend all over again! Apparently this guy couldn't bare the idea of never climbing a mountain ever again or living in another mansion or doing any of his other rich guy stuff so he offed himself even before he heard what sentence was going to be imposed on him! I mean if I was going to smuggle cyanide in the courtroom, I'd wait at least until I heard the sentencing part of the guilty verdict, it might not even have been that bad.

On another note it was interesting to watch a video of a guy dying from cyanide as I've never seen it before and BOY DOES IT KICK IN QUICKLY! LoL I know it bonds to the hemoglobin in your RBCs so you can't get any oxygen but it looks like it kills you faster than just holding your own breath or through suffocation.

Other people have said that other rich peoeple that have gone to prison are so narcistic that they take their prison sentence in stride like Madoff supossedly. But I guess this guy wasn't as arrogant as them and didn't think he could handle it like the other fat cats getting locked up!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

When you hold your breath, there's still plenty of oxygen in your blood and even in your lungs (at first). Cyanide actively deprives you of the ability to use oxygen to generate energy.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You miss the point. The idiot couldn't stand the thought of being poor, getting kicked out of his social circles, being a convict and "losing face".

Dead? Good.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I will never click on the video, and do not wish to see someone die no matter what, and no matter what has occurred, in his life, since he is not a rapist or a serial killer, I don't believe in any form of prison, but a much better more reformative, merciful and equal system.

To me this is a huge tragedy and a waste of a human life. I will pray for him and his family, and for Mercy and for him to be rescued from the dark side, for Family to convince him there are many positive ways to make up for any shortcomings, never ever hand yourself over to the bad guys, ever, have faith. I hope he already knows this.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Ah well, ain't no wrinkle in the coin purse, I'll tell ya that. One less of 'em... That's fine in my book.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaNice

You miss the point. The idiot couldn't stand the thought of being poor, getting kicked out of his social circles, being a convict and "losing face".

Dead? Good.

And that leaves four kids, a grandkid and a wife without their father, grandfather and husband.

The man may have not been the wisest or the best around, I don't know, I did not know him but I checked Google and here is what I stumbled upon : michaelmarin.org.... With than we can understand the man better, he sure has some shadowy sides in his personnality and I prefernot to get into the second part of the post about the whole guilty/not guilty thing. However he was human.

So, good ? How so ?

edit on 11-7-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Taking your life like he did
is the same if he had killed a complete stranger
these suidide are different then people in real pain after an accident
or a big illness / cancer

This is a COWARD no heaven for him after that

couldnt assume being caught doing bad things

when he took those pills intentionaly
he condemned himself to hell
edit on 7/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh well, at least we don't have to pay his prison bill. I applaud the guy for saving other people from having to pay for something he did wrong. I don't think his actions actually justified what he did though. If more serial killers and rapists did that we wouldn't have so much state debt.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Taking your life like he did
is the same if he had killed a complete stranger
these suidide are different then people in real pain after an accident
or a big illness / cancer

This is a COWARD no heaven for him after that

couldnt assume being caught doing bad things

when he took those pills intentionaly
he condemned himself to hell
edit on 7/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for that assessment, All Knowing Jesus.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

All suicide is the same to me. He is a victim of this horrendous hellzone planet of inequality, wars, starvation, abuse, murder, child abuse, sexual abuse, exploitation, depopulation and the rape and torture of nature. It really hurts people to their cores and NO ,there is quite a difference between killing yourself or ever harming another.

I don't care who it is that is hurt, be it the most innocent child, or the most corrupt big wig in the universe, ever yliving consciousness is a child to me, I see the baby in them, the one who needed happiness, equality and a different life and feel their pain.

No Way can I watch this video and I will pray for him to escape this entire karmic low level hellzone pit/trap, because everyone needs to stop believing in this system and all punitive things and start to believe, hope and trust for the truly wonderful, loving, kind and healing Family above, they are way beyond anyone's concepts here.

I will not allow anyone handed over to these goons with their constant sacrifices.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Oh well, at least we don't have to pay his prison bill. I applaud the guy for saving other people from having to pay for something he did wrong. I don't think his actions actually justified what he did though. If more serial killers and rapists did that we wouldn't have so much state debt.

That's one way of looking at it!

lol

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree with this assessment as well.
Everyone is on a journey of learning and we will all eventually reunite as one.
He'll come back perhaps as a soul with a disposition on the dark side, where he will have to face what he decided to skip out on until personal experience teaches him what he needs to learn.

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Ben81

I don't care who it is that is hurt, be it the most innocent child, or the most corrupt big wig in the universe, ever yliving consciousness is a child to me, I see the baby in them, the one who needed happiness, equality and a different life and feel their pain.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
His choice i guess, maybe its the law at fault because he was obviously mentaly unstable therefor unable to goto trial.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Cyanide is some scary stuff. There was a mob hitman that confessed to doing hits by putting it in a drink and spilling it on people in a club! It kills quickly and sometimes they don't even know where it came from. At about 5 minutes into the video he starts talking about the use of cyanide.

edit on 11-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I sooo agree with you, if he was stupid enough to take it, then he got what he wanted. I think we should give one to everyone who stands trial. that way if they get a life sentence or the death sentence they can take themselves out right then and there and We dont have to pay for them to sit in jail forever.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I can feel the guy.
Some of the posters here make me want to take cyanide.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What is it with all these "macho, tough guy, manly, unfeeling," attitudes on ATS.

Oh, I get it....

you can lie and develop an online personality different than the skinny/chubby, geek, twerp, insecure, momma's boy you really are.

The guy had issues and took his own life. It happens all the time.........pray life doesn't deal you a ****y hand in the future, tough guy!!
edit on 11-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well said, my friend committed suicide in Feb, horrible, for him, his family and friends. He was a good dude too!

edit on 11-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is a scarey thought indeed. It just goes to show that anything can be used as a weapon, even a drink. They're all worried about anti-firearm legislation. Maybe we should make some anti-drink legislation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join