It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What Snake Venom Does to Blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This video will explain and show you
how bad and lethal hemotoxic venom can be even adults

Now we know why the body shuts down ... because the blood cant flow anymore

First time i realise and understand now what it can really do to your blood

Imagine having this stuff in all your main artery

one drop of this venom can be lethal (like this test showed)
but when a snake bite they will give you more then one drop

first reaction that can save you life if a dangerous snake like this bite you

Need to suck out this venom fast... friend or yourself if you can
before the venom spread in your entire body
cut the flow with a belt asap .. before it gets to your heart
there is not time to lose after being bitten
edit on 7/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That is one of the best observations I seen showing the effects. Now what is in the snakes blood that prevents it from experiencing the same effects? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow! Great post OP....

No wonder I'm deathly afraid of snakes.....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Mother, Father, Sister, Brother.....

That is something I never want to encounter. I've already had a P.E. (Pulmonary Embolism) and I don't ever want to go through that again, let alone have all my blood coagulate like that at one time.

Thinking of staying away from snakes, especially venomous snakes, from now on.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If the blood was cold would there of been the same reaction to it?
COLD expands water when frozen so the snakes blood is cold the blood in the cup was mammal warm.
edit on 7/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
COLD expands water when frozen so the snakes blood is cold the blood in the cup was mammal warm.

Im no expert but i think you are right
it slows the blood stream

very good advice indeed

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"Fear is the path to the dark-side" Sometimes you just have to be alert & cautious where you are & whats around you. Do not forget that also with the proper dosage & administration snake venom helps people with illnesses among other things.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awakened2012
"Fear is the path to the dark-side" Sometimes you just have to be alert & cautious where you are & whats around you. Do not forget that also with the proper dosage & administration snake venom helps people with illnesses among other things.

Very true
thats why you need to be carefull when you walk in the forest

but i fear snake .. especially dangerous snake
dont come with fear is the path to the dark side .. irrelevent with the snakes lol
you need to understand to fear them and respect them
because one bite can kill you

best advice .. fear any snakes but dont kill them because you fear them
be gentle .. dont scream try to push him outside if he is in the house or call a animal expert

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Im no expert but i think you are right
it slows the blood stream

very good advice indeed

It ofcourse needs lab test to confirm and better understand but I suspect its related to the temps of reptiles and mammals blood fluids and how the different temps effect cell movement and activity..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

woah...!!

thanks for sharing this OP..! will definitely be staying away from venomous snakes... thats incredible how it coagulates so quickly..! peeps in snake countries please take care

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think it has more to do with the reaction of the venom with the blood and the type of venom. Not every snake venom causes such changes. There are few types whose bite and venom will cause the blood to become jelly like.

The haemotoxic venom, such as rattlesnakes, would have this effect and thus it swells up the bite region tremendously. The venom from cobras and mambas is neurotoxic which affects your nervous system and not the blood.

Linky
edit on 12-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 12-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Eeeeew.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Nothing. Snake blood is effected by their own venom just like any other animal. King snakes eat rattlesnakes. King snakes seem to be immune to the rattlesnake venom. But observers have seen the rattlesnake accidently bite it's self while struggling with the king snake and inject it's self. The rattlesnake soon dies from it's own venom.

If you want badass experiences with snake venom though then look no further than Richard Marcinko. Former CO and founder of SEAL 6 and Red Cell. He claims that in Vietnam his vietnamese guests brought him the venom gland/sack of a cobra to eat. The sack looked like a baby octopus in the bottom of a cogniac shot glass. As long as you swallowed it whole the stomach acid would neutralize the venom. he said that your body goes instantly numb. Time slows down. You get tunnel vision and see spots while sweating profusely. After about 15 seconds it goes away and you are fine again.

He said that they offered and he accepted the snake venom several times while in Vietnam. Sort of as a "What can we get him to eat next?" kind of thing.

edit on 12-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Yep. Its an old ancient technique. What normally kills humans or other animals from the snake or reptile venom is its introduction to the blood stream. Eating/Drinking snake venom in small quantities has been practiced by many countries as part of medical/witch craft/black magic/ voodoo and other ritual practices. It has also been speculated or claimed in some parts that eating or drinking a drop of sname venom per day makes you immune to a snake bite. Not sure how much of it is true but certainly I have watched food channel/travel channel documentaries where the snake venom is consumed as delicacy with ofcourse a good local wine/liquor in countries like vietnam, thailand etc (south east nations).

Thus yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the Seal was able to drink the venom and go through the experience.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yeah apparently he liked it. said it was an intense ride.

As for me. I'd pass. But yeah snake venom needs to get into the blood to do harm. There have been cases of heavier men getting bit and the venom did not get into their blood stream in enough quantity and they lived without medical aid. Although this one guy I saw a video of who was heavy got bit right on the gut. The venom didn't make it to the blood stream but it did dissolve the fat around the area he got bit. Created an abscess the size of a soccer ball on his belly fat. A huge cavity. Was pretty gross.

I always give rattlers their fair space when I come across them Just don't want to find out how far they can launch their body when striking. I do however sometimes pic up non venomous snakes when out and about. Usually rat snakes etc... nothing dangerous unless you count whatever germs are in their mouth.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

It is also believed that if you do not consume salt since birth into adulthood, the snake venom after a bite from a snake (the ones that attack the nervous system) isn't effective. Not sure how much of it is true but I'm sure there are folks out there who can prove it wrong or right

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just saw this on YT and found the thread in a search.

Interesting to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join