It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever wondered....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We live on a planet with separate continents, countries, cities/towns etc. There are 7 billion people, the population increasing and decreasing as time passes. Out of all those people, 264,644 have joined ATS to share their knowledge, opinions, research, and their decision to deny ignorance.

That's a fair amount, mainly because not everyone has discovered this site yet or are simply lurking around, still making decisions. But even so there's tons of people who have the same idea about ignorance's existence. What I really wanted you to wonder about though relates to daily life.

Wherever we decide to go we'll see some people if not many. There are all sorts of people. When I was working as a waitress one day, I had this thought wondering if a customer who came up to me could have been one of us for no reason. Maybe it was the way the person had talked. We don't tell the public who we are or what we do so easily after all. Afterwards I simply did my job as usual while simply thinking "What if he/she is apart of ATS?" It's not like I expect them to be. But it's fun to imagine meeting some of the people here in real life without even knowing it, especially those who we have seen to have such broad ways of thinking. The internet, is usually anonymous unless a person decides to reveal who they really are. We are scattered all around the world.

So, has anyone else ever wondered if a person you met, had small talk with, or simply looked at for several seconds was apart of this community? Has there ever been a time where you actually met somebody from here or sounded as if they were?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RainingDreams

I have been in the same library as one. It really wasn't all that spectacular.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I guess it wouldn't be a sudden burst of excitement to find another member. How did you find out?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RainingDreams

Good question I was wondering something similar a few days ago.

What's funny is some of the conversations I eavesdrop on while out and about. A lot of people are talking about the 2012 thing, how strange the weather is, ufos, just stuff we talk about here is getting to be more mainstream.

I was going to post my pic the other day but decided not to I enjoy being anon.

It would be a little difficult to find out who I am. The email account I used to register on this site was created by John Doe. I'm sure 'they' could find out who I am but why would they want to.

I don't know if I'd want to meet some of the members or not. I don't want to be disappointed. You know how you create this image in your mind and how it's seldom accurate?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As much as I enjoy conversing with folk on the forums I don't know if I would want to meet any of them in person. I am a hermit of sorts. There are times I do wish I could speak to someone as there is much that can't be conveyed or learned from text. You can pick up on inflection and emotion when you speak to someone in person it makes it easier to understand where they are coming from and evaluate what they are saying.

ATSers are usually very loyal to the flavor of conspiracy they like best. They might be on the same site but interested in something very different than you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

At least we can see the things we talk about aren't just talked about over here. It's spreading as noticeable signs of change are found as well as people spreading the word.

Oh you're right about that! Sometimes our visualizations are over exaggerated because we read words of a person on the internet and based on their avatar, personality, and other factors, tend to create a made up face. Disappointment, what a feeling.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I tend to be equally misunderstood both in my hometown and on the ATS forums
I think it would be cool to meet and have actual conversations with some members. There are many topics discussed on ATS that are still difficult to breach with your Average Joe Six-Pack. At least most members of ATS are willing to discuss more of the paranormal and the conspiracy.

Most people in my social life can't really imagine quite that large, so it gets boring talking about everyday things. I feel like I'd have more interesting conversations with ATS members.

I tried initiating some conversations with some friends that bordered ATS topics..or even turned on some Coast to Coast AM while we were hanging out.

It usually just annoys (scares?) them and we never have any sort of interesting conversations. And they usually laugh at me for even wanting to have such conversations that don't involve celebrities, sports, and youtube etc.

So, yes, I need to meet some ATS members because most people are dullards without the imagination it takes to be an ATSer.

top topics

join