It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Britain Ltd.. The Corporate Take Over Is Nearly Complete..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In the UK we are now seeing the end of capitalism and democracy to total corporatism..

It started in the eighties with the deregulation of the phone lines and the privatization of British Telecom..

Bit by bit our countries public services and infrastructure has been privatized and sold to the highest bidder.. Even large parts of our manufacturing are now China owned..

We are in a position where our water is owned by foreign companies, and now our police service is being taken over by private companies like G4S who are not reknown for hiring the best people.. What is to stop THEM being bought out by the Shanghai corporation?? Our army too is having large parts being taken over by foreign private military companies.. And they are doing the same thing with our beloved NHS..

Soon our entire country will be under the rule of private companies or even China could buy everyone out...

Obviously.. We need to do something about this..

And soon...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I know it sucks.

Best move is to come to Scotland, we have it a wee bit better than our neighbours down south.

Also persuade anyone you know to never vote Tory in their entire life. Ever.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
I know it sucks.

Best move is to come to Scotland, we have it a wee bit better than our neighbours down south.

Also persuade anyone you know to never vote Tory in their entire life. Ever.

Who is to say Salmond is not a corporate shill?

The rest are, why not him? After all, what is the best way to take over a company? You make it insolvent, break it up then sell the pieces to the highest bidder..

The same metaphor fits the break up of the union quite nicely dont you think?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
capitalism - failed.
comunism - failed.
democracy - failed.

maybe its time for something new.
hey id vote for ronald mcdonald to be prime minister, he cant do any worse than the clowns running the show at the moment.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
capitalism - failed.
comunism - failed.
democracy - failed.

maybe its time for something new.
hey id vote for ronald mcdonald to be prime minister, he cant do any worse than the clowns running the show at the moment.

He would just be another clown.. But at least he would be lovin it

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When the soldiers march to London on the 24th. The rest of us should join them and sling these bums in govt, out on their ass`s. What a joke this country is becoming under these clowns.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

if youv got the rockets iv got a hankering to blow stuff up lol.......

i wonder how long before i get raided for terrorism because of that comment.....

WOOPS

to be clear, im only kidding. i dont wanna blow crap up

edit on 11/7/2012 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
well it was nice being a free and sovereign nation while it lasted.

I never thought I'd say this but Britain is done for our own ignorance has led us to the point of no return and continues to stop us from sorting this mess out.

Please if I'm wrong explain how, I don't want to be right on this!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

you forgot that humor is now outlawed as well

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

nope, your right. we are doomed, but stiff upper lip and all that

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That stiff upper lip has a hook in it. Hook line and sinker. We`ve been had good and proper. Only thing left is to gut us and it wont be long before that happens, under camoron and his gang of tossers.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You could always come to the States. It's not better here, but the natives are much more restless.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
That stiff upper lip has a hook in it. Hook line and sinker. We`ve been had good and proper. Only thing left is to gut us and it wont be long before that happens, under camoron and his gang of tossers.

Mr Fawkes may have turned out to be this nations greatest hero..

Apart from the vatican agent bit..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

believe me I'm already making plans in that direction, whatever flaws America may have at least it has guns, militas and lots and lots of empty areas to disappear into

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova
You could always come to the States. It's not better here, but the natives are much more restless.

I only come to the US when Im feeling kinky and want a good ole molesting by the TSA
edit on 11-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

the only man to ever enter parliament with honest intentions, its just a shame there aren't such honest people around today.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Corporatism is not the end of capitalism.

Corporatism is capitalist in nature. It is simply a way for capitalists to protect their assets.

Capitalism is the private ownership of the means of production. Incorporated companies are privately owned.

Corporatism is capitalism. It is part of the capitalist dictatorship that protects it's own at the expense of the workers. It gives capitalists power over governments due to it's centralised concentration of capital and economic power. No one single company can be that powerful but when many companies collectivize, incorporate, they become extremely powerful. The oil industry for example, who as a collective group of companies with a common interest, are economically powerful enough to use the state to further it's collective goals in the Middle East.

Capitalism has no rules, except those imposed on it by governments. As long as the means to produce are mostly privately owned it is capitalism.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

Are they?

I don't see the US Military planning to march on The White House.

Or any of the numerous groups demonstrating against austerity cuts like there are here in the UK.

Yes, we've got problems - and those problems go to the very core of British society and they require urgent and drastic attention - but don't write us off just yet - we tend to be at our best when our backs are against the wall.

But if these problems are to be addressed then it will require a degree of honesty and an open minded approach that few seem capable of.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
england is done. so are all other stocks/shares/banks/markets/shareholder obsessed nations. that sh*t is over, and about time. the phoenix needs ashes to rise from.

JAK

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This might be of interest:

PFI: transferring billions from UK taxpayers to private financiers

For two decades the Private Finance Initiative has been a risky way of funding new hospitals, schools, prisons and roads: companies build and maintain public facilities under contracts lasting as long as 35 years. File on 4 (broadcast last week, available here this week and on podcast indefinitely) identifies PFI hospital contracts that within a few years of being struck have been sold on, yielding profits for financiers averaging 66.7 per cent.

(To put that in context: a more conventional profit margin for a FTSE 100 company such as Sainsbury would be closer to 3 per cent.)

File on 4 exposes the UK Government Treasury’s failure to gather meaningful data about the secretive secondary market in PFI contracts. The programme interviews analyst Dexter Whitfield who has tracked down data that betrays private sector profits whose dizzying scale suggests an appalling lack of advocacy on behalf of taxpayers in the framing of the original contracts.

More than £250 billion of public money has been committed to PFI projects and we remain trapped in these contracts for decades to come. In Portsmouth alone paying for the Queen Alexandra Hospital means finding £44 million-a-year, rising with inflation, until 2040. Already under strain, in two years since opening the hospital has shed 700 jobs, with 90 more to go and the palliative care ward has been shut.

File on 4 - PFI Profits
From the programme:

While Portsmouth Hospital struggles to meet its financial obligations, including the £44m a year for its PFI, the company that built the hospital has done very nicely out of the deal. Five years ago the Midlands construction firm Carillion put in half the original capital for the project and last year it decided to sell its 50% stake in the equity. The buyer was an infrastructure company which now has the right to charge for cleaning, catering, maintenance and other services over the next 29 years. We asked Carillion what price it got for the shareholding and what level of profit that represented on its original investment. In a long reply the company doesn't give any figures and says only that the profit was "not excessive" but an academic at Edinburgh University has tracked down the details.

"Carillion was the lead equity investor, they put in £12m. It opened in July 2009 and last June Carillion sold its stake in the deal for £31m. So it put in £12.1m just a few years ago and it sold that stake for £31m last June."

new topics

top topics

join