It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canberra UFO, Pyramids, Hot Air Balloon and a Portal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The lead thread on ATS is this story, "You want proof of flying saucers? This is it!"

A fun read for sure and exiting story, but here's a UFO picture that slipped into the comments as a re-direct when tracing this group of Australian students to their Yahoo Group then their Riotact Group.

Westall HIgh School UFO Yahoo Group

RiotACT website with video of another UFO and where this photo came from.

With pyramids, hot air balloons, a possible portal open on the lower left that looks like a cloud, this photo might be too good to be true. But who knows, it doesn't look like a hoax to me.

What the poster says about his photo:

Hmm… Looks a bit like the one that I saw over Lake BG some 10 years ago. Actually, I didn’t SEE it. I took a photo of the lazy hot air balloons floating over the lake and only several days later did I realise what I’d captured on my digital camera.

At first I thought it was just the reflection of a light source from within my hotel room, at Crowne Plaza, since my hands and the camera were also captured in the photo due to the reflection by the large glass window. But, because the object was shown in the photo as being DIAGONAL, I realise that it couldn’t have been a reflection as there was no source of light within the room that was DIAGONAL to make such distinct and clear reflection.

My hotel room was minimal in decor, hence the only source of light was the down lights, which is shown in the photo as a white oval shape. And there were no mirrors present in the room.

Here’s the photo. //added above//

I do have a 2400×1800 pixel version of the raw, in case anyone is interested. Frankly, all I can say is “Where the hell did that white blob come from??”. The camera I used back then never showed that white blob in any photos taken after that so… Can’t explain.

Interestingly, I tried registering for the RiotAct site to learn more about the poster of this picture, but it's a paid site for Canberra news; so you've got to pay which adds, IMHO, a little more credibility to the intentions of the UFO poster.

With such a unique name, Jivrashia, and the fact s/he is online commenting quite a bit in other Austrialian forums - it appears this is the only instance of a UFO that comes up. This poster talks about food, snowy mountains and taking pictures, data centers in Canberra, bad jokes, suggestions on music editing....

Essentially what I'm saying is this poster seems credible, and not like the UFO "enthusiasts" who make stuff up with Photoshop and CGI.

Also, further into the RoitACT thread, a commentator mentions a faint line down the middle of this photo, Jivrashia believes it may be a curtain from the window reflection.

Here's the video of another incident in Canberra from April 2012 from that RiotACT page. I don't know what to think about this one, but at least the quality is good.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Jason88 because: fixed spelling mistakes

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yeah, no way it could be a frisbee (or something else) being thrown... /sarcasm
and the cloud looks like a cloud.....or a light from w/in the room....

id say ask for the oringal picture from the dude...and go from there....

and the source of the video: crazybreaking news = hoaxers! they CGI in the exact same thing in every video and image they take from other places.....hoaxers!!
edit on July 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
[mo

The first comment under the Canberra Video is funny "Obviously its a bear with a fish in its mouth....."

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That source is solid!! Hehehe. As for the picture, we've all been on ATS long enough to know when something smells fishy... this one has me stumped, especially as the poster is not a UFO lover and uses that account cross-platforms pretty regularly to talk about normal everyday stuff.

For posterity, here's an ATS thread solely on the video from April for this year. UFO Caught from Plane - Canberra Australia - April 04, 2012
edit on 11-7-2012 by Jason88 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
yeah, no way it could be a frisbee (or something else) being thrown... /sarcasm
and the cloud looks like a cloud.....or a light from w/in the room....

id say ask for the oringal picture from the dude...and go from there....

and the source of the video: crazybreaking news = hoaxers! they CGI in the exact same thing in every video and image they take from other places.....hoaxers!!
edit on July 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

The OP never suggested that it 'couldnt' be a frisbee. An elephant's ear resembles a fan and it's tail a rope, too.

The blob of light looks little like a cloud, especially with the other clouds nearby having little relation.
Could be a light within the room, impossible to say without the original picture.

The picture doesn't "Scream" hoax --- but with a source like that, it's surely a wise thing to exercise your skepticism @ picture.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I'll see about getting the original photo, I don't want to pay for a news site in a country where I don't even live, but there may be a workaround to find this person. It could be a frisbee, who knows, but he does say that area is over a lake, and it looks a bit high for a frisbee.

ETA: I think I got his Gmail account, now waiting.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
To me the lights in the picture do look like reflections in the window just like these ....

I'm not saying its an intentional hoax ( though it may be ) but the lights are consistent with many other UFO pictures filmed through glass .

edit on 11-7-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Could be - In comparing the two pictures, the reflections in your photo appear more translucent while the top photo UFO appears solid - at least to my eyes and without bothering to run this through a photo program for analysis.

join