It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget Cuts Will Kill Safety Program That Caught Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria Outbreaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I've been studying organic/commercial chemicals for a while now. Some of the chemicals used for large scale organic farming are the organic version of the Commercial chemicals. This is true. As far as the difference in nutrition of organic vs commercial, the nutrition database had that broken down in the past. The organic blew away the commercial. That's all gone now, the big commercial farmers made it go away. Instead they blended all the results together and averaged it. This raised the commercial specs with the blending.

Many of the chemicals we need from a plant are created from the plants interaction with bugs. Keeping the bugs away lowers this. Other chemicals of the plants defense system hurt us. Many different chemicals and GM therapy boost the plant defense system way up. making them mildly toxic. Organic chemicals do the same thing. Some chemicals both organic and commercial stop bugs from coming in the field and the plant doesn't develop enough of a PDS to make the food an antidote for common microbes. All these have so many variables that it's hard to trace.

The big difference with commercial vs organic has nothing to do with growing, it's in the way it's treated in the middleman area. Miticides are sprayed on Commercial products to keep them fresh longer. These miticides often contain nano metals or ions to short the bacteria and fungus's nervous system preventing their growth. These chemicals act as antihistamines on humans shutting down histamine reactions in the body to fight bacteria. anotherwords we don't appear to get sick until the bacteria get overpopulated. On top of that the nanometals and ions like fluoride and Bromide build up in our bodies. Bromide bleaches where fluoride doesn't. The metal Ions are bringing back some old diseases like Porphyria. There is also problems with possible Hypothyroidism being created. Trouble is that fluoride and bromide are also organic so they can be used on both. The nano particles can also be organic if they are in nature.

I have been studying neutralizing these chemicals instead of avoiding them. Boiling veggies in water and discarding the water helps detox veggies. Steaming only works on half of the chemicals, only the ones that break apart with heat to form inert chemicals. That's a whole other article. Even blanching veggies really takes out lots of chemicals and if you do it right the veggies are still crisp full of vitamins. I prefer to start with organicly grown veggies most times except potatoes. Potatoes grow better with fertilizer than crap. I did get organic fertilizer for my garden though for the potatoes because the one I chose was more bioavailable and needs half the amount. The price of organic has come down almost to the price of commercial. The organic tastes better most times and it seems to fill us up quicker. Our food bill actually decreased overall. Weird but true. I still blanch or boil my organic veggies anyway, except lettuce of course and tomatoes for sandwiches. I like iceberg myself and buy organic if available and reasonably priced.

I could go on and on and bore everyone. I think over half of what you say is true but you are misled on lots too. I personally chose to change preparing procedures of food to try to fix them. I had a lot of input from an old Italian and an old Chech guy along with a bunch of older people to help influence my research. I can guarantee you one thing though, a lot of organic food is superior in quality of taste than commercial food. I also am a believer in buying certain foods picked ripe.
edit on 11-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Um excuse me? I'm almost 40 years old. You asked me what the E in the E. Coli of the title meant and I directed you to a link that explains as I'm not a doctor nor chemist and do not know what the first word is off the top of my brain. I find you a link to answer your inquiry and you dog me for it? Really?

Faith in the world, lessened. Shame when someone gets dogged for answering a question someone has about a word in the article title.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Take a trip down central California and you'll learn where E.Coli comes from.
I hope most of you understand the difference between E.Coli and E.Coli O157
I believe most cases in the states for an E.Coli outbreak it usually starts in an area in lettuce or cabbage.
From my experience in California, most of the rural inner towns of California have really bad water storage and get a lot of run off from these cow ranches.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"While food safety is a vitally important part of successfully marketing produce and other agricultural products, other Federal and State public health agencies are better equipped to perform this function."

It's not like they are cutting the program and leaving you with nothing. Sounds more like they are redirecting the money to people who can do a better and more efficient job. Sure, you hear about all the times they have caught something. But what about all they missed?

I have no more idea if the new agencies will do a better job of this than anyone else. Time will tell. But it's not all doom and gloom as many of you seem to believe.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
Wash your food, don't buy organic and you should be fine.
www.science20.com...

And if deregulation affects the water supply you are washing the food with? Walkerton.
It's fairly apparent that if inspection programs become self or industry regulated, people die.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

www.science20.com...

And if deregulation affects the water supply you are washing the food with? Walkerton.
It's fairly apparent that if inspection programs become self or industry regulated, people die.

And if the sun explodes we all die a lot.... We are not talking about deregulation of the water supply or the sun exploding.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

www.science20.com...

And if the sun explodes we all die a lot.... We are not talking about deregulation of the water supply or the sun exploding.

So far the government has not shown an interest in, nor a capability for, exploding the sun. This thread deals with deregulation of an inspection service that deals with food safety. As I pointed out, our government deemed it prudent to lessen the protection of our water resources as a fiscal measure. People died as a result. I don't expect yours has any more sense than ours did. We need to demand better...not just shrug it off and make do.

And really? I don't think your analogy holds water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join