It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Clermont cops fired for off-duty prank

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Ya what's your point? I said it depends on the job. So are you just clarifying I assume

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The officer in pursuit had the right to make an arrest if she deemed it necessary. She CHOSE not to...what don't you understand about that?
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

The only thing that this shows me is that she is ANOTHER dirty cop!! She should have done her job and put them under arrest, issued citations and a court date. Along with notifying her C.O that she was arresting two co-workers for the infraction.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It seems obvious that they were probably DUI. Sure they faced some consequences, but really they still dodged a bullet. I've seen people go down on DUI- they can practically outlaw your whole existence. The costs can run upwards of 10 grand and the classes and lack of transportation almost always cost the subject their job. 2 guys lose their job, one gets a day off... compared to a night in jail and a year and a half of government intrusion into your life and heavy fines in addition to losing your job. They got a bargain... and that's before you factor in the pursuit- resisting arrest, public endangerment, reckless driving- take your pick. I'd get beaten senseless and end up doing a couple of years if I pulled a stunt like that (if the cop didn't decide to shoot me in the back because she didn't recognize me like she did for her co worker).

If I had my way, any public servant, from the president on down to a beat cop, who abused their position would be executed for treason.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Ya what's your point? I said it depends on the job. So are you just clarifying I assume

No, Im answering your DIRECT question. When you posed it to the other poster, you said nothing about "depends on the job" you asked if they would be ok with being fired for it.

Dont manipulate the discussion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join