It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Branson: Virgin Galactic Spaceship to blast off in 2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Richard Branson: Virgin Galactic Spaceship to blast off in 2013 Read more: www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv

Virgin chief and billionaire Richard Branson has place a timeframe on his plan to launch tourists into space, claiming he and his family will blaze a trail for hundreds of fare-paying passengers by blasting off in December 2013.

Branson also announced that Virgin Galactic, his fledgling commercial space organization, was expanding to incorporate a satellite-launching service that would use a low-price rocket system to propel payloads into orbit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-7-2012 by Terrapop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Virgin Boss Richard Branson announces on Wednesday that SpaceShipTwo will blast off with its first space tourists in 2013.

Some 529 future astronauts, including celebrities such as Ashton Kutcher, have so far signed up for $200,000-a-seat flights which will last two hours.

Tipping point of ET disclosure is getting closer!

www.disclose.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Please use his correct title.

It's SIR Richard Branson

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Boy I would love it...it would be a dream come true. But I don't want to be part of the headline that reads "Passengers of Virgin Galactic lost in space." or maybe I do

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i predict two courses for this venture.

the first, one of the flights, packed full of celebrities and wealthy elites blows up in a massive fireball, due to bransons arrogance that he can master space and profit from it,

or b, some rich guy with his camcorder finally films a clear shot of a ufo.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Yep no possible way this can go wrong

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
By "space travel" does that mean the craft will be flying the same altitude as the ISS or that it will go to the upper level(s) of our atmosphere where it's like space but you are still technically between the ISS and the planet.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
By "space travel" does that mean the craft will be flying the same altitude as the ISS or that it will go to the upper level(s) of our atmosphere where it's like space but you are still technically between the ISS and the planet.

Low Earth orbit and then back down to the Spaceport in New Mexico.

Only $200,000 !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I got a fortune cookie the other day that said "You may live on the moon some day". I was stoked!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Come on Richard B.
Good start,but you need to mine other planets for real commercial success in the long term.

By 2020 him and James Cameron will become a hopefully more ethical version of the Weyland Yutani Corporation.

"Building better worlds"

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Their doing a better job than nasa,wonder if the prices will come down to affordable levels in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245
Their doing a better job than nasa,wonder if the prices will come down to affordable levels in my lifetime.

NASA were never a commercial outfit though,they were amazing pioneers and researchers.
It wasn't about profit for them.
Saying that,it looks like commercial space travel is on the cusp of taking off-sure it costs alot now,but think of the way jet engines migrated from secret WW2 projects to mainstream public use.

30 years,maybe 20 years we will be able to at least get an orbital holiday as affordable as today's package tour holidays..

My dad always told me I would go to the moon with him on holiday some day.
That was in the 1970's.

The kids of today,they will do stuff like that with tomorrow's tech.
We will go to the stars.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

BOOO!

I'll never make that much in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Heard on the msm yesterday that for £100,000,000 you could book a seat to the moon in the near future....now even if it's true who the hell has that kind of money and would they like to be my friend?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Man i wish i had £200k, for a shot on a spaceship even if it is only low earth orbit. Guess its time to get a real job! I want to be a space man!
edit on 11-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Me too

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Sell drug's :p

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr33ch3r

I do, but trying to get 200K into a bank these days is awkward to say the least, and i dont think Sir Richard accept will payment in weed! Suppose he migh take Speed though, i mean its got ta help! LoL
edit on 11-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Holy crap you need a better job then! Even at 20k a year you will make that amount in 10 years. Work 40 years and you .....get the point. I think you are selling yourself short =(

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join