It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention For Saying He'd Repeal Obamacare !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Romney spoke at a NAACP conference and made some statements that set off a tirade of hissy fits and booing.

No reports of tomatoes or heads of lettuce being thrown however !!

Romney had apparently released most of what he was planning to say prior to the campaign "visit".

Although probably not necessary, I suspect some "opponents" made sure that enough "hissers" and "boo'ers" were present and accounted for

I wonder if Romney was taken by "surprise"

HuffPost

Mitt Romney was booed Wednesday at the NAACP conference for promising to repeal the president's signature health care reform law, bringing him to an awkward halt in the middle of an otherwise civilly-received pitch for black voters.

It was an awkward moment that forced him to go off script, after giving a somewhat pained smile as the booing continued.

"I'm going to eliminate every non-essential, expensive program I can find, that includes Obamacare, and I'm going to work to reform and save --" Romney said before being interrupted for about 15 seconds.

story 1

HuffPost - about a CNN report

CNN correspondent Jim Acosta gave an exceedingly grim summation of the reaction to Mitt Romney's speech before the NAACP on Wednesday.

The presumptive Republican nominee was loudly booed by the audience at the civil rights group's annual convention when he promised to repeal President Obama's health care law, which he called "Obamacare."

Speaking just after the address, Acosta, who has been on the Romney beat for some time, said that it had not been one of the candidate's most popular moments.

story 2

"Opinion" from Breitbart

The corrupt media has already set presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney up for failure when it comes to his speech this morning before the NAACP. According to Obama's Media Palace Guards, unless Romney rolls over and demands the states end their voter I.D. laws, he's a coward and an extremist and probably a racist.

As he has done throughout the campaign thus far, though, Romney isn't allowing the media to play the tune he will dance to. In excerpts released in advance of the former Massachusetts Governor's speech, you'll see that he hits on a number of themes important to left-wing groups like the NAACP -- education, inequality, poverty -- but through a conservative prism.

story 3

YouTube report from CNN

CNN's Jim Acosta: One Of The Most Negative Reactions Of Mitt Romney's 2012 Campaign
"The sustained booing went on for nearly 10 seconds !!!!"

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well this is America and if the people don't like what he's saying then they have the right to boo him. At least they haven't taken that right away from us yet. Only a truly ignorant politician thinks everyone is going to like what he's going to say.

If he doesn't like it then maybe he should go and hide in France like he did during the war.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's the full version;

Mitt Romney addressed the NAACP at their 103rd National Convention in Houston Wednesday morning.

While acknowledging the historical significance of President Obama's election as the nation's first African-American president, Romney will attempt to distinguish himself in the speech as a viable alternative for black voters.

This is the second major campaign speech Romney has delivered to a minority group in the last month. In June, Romney spoke before the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials in Orlando.

The "boo'ing" wasn't all that bad afterall

Maybe he made sense on some points ?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Mitt Romney: The ultimate hypocrite.

Mitt Romney has gone to great lengths to distance his Massachusetts health plan from the federal law, even giving a PowerPoint presentation to emphasize the differences. But the truth is that there are an awful lot of similarities between the plan he signed in Massachusetts in 2006, often called "RomneyCare," and the one that President Barack Obama signed in 2010, dubbed "ObamaCare."

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How could mitt have possibly thought discussing repealing AHCA at the NAACP would be a good idea?

This was either done o purpose because he wanted to highlight for his own base who is FOR the ACHA ("ObamaCare"), or because he is trying to lose. Either way, i say he expected the boos.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Romney had nothing to lose at the NAACP speaking engagement unless he made a major gaffe.

So speaking out against Obamacare and getting some boos was a given. The fact that he did so shows either balls or political clarity and reinforces his standing with his supporters. There are some people that will not ever vote for Obama and some that will not ever vote for Romney.

Not all blacks support Obama and not all blacks favor Obamacare... especially black business owners.

It would kind of be like Obama speaking to the NRA... nothing to lose.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I will not be surprised if the booing was a propaganda campaign by the corporate pimps in the insurance business that have the most to gain from the enslaving of the working class in the nation.

As far as i know I live in GA and believe it or not most hard working tax payers are very much against Obamacare, along with most small struggling business owners, but the scroungers and leaches that are many still believe Obamacare is going to be sending them money in the mail.

The irony of miss information and pro Obamacare propaganda, it actually make me feel very sad that people even in this board have to no clue what obamacare is all about.

But those of us that took the time to dissect the darn monstrosity here in ATS for months until its approval by the senate knows exactly what it is and what is not.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Doesn't this PROVE that Mitt Romney doesn't pander to people he knows won't vote for him anyway?

That is, if this wasn't a calculated set up to make him look good to anybody that isn't black. Which I don't think many black people at the NAACP (OBAMA's People) like Mitt Romney anyway

Guess racism is here to stay...
edit on 12-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

That is, if this wasn't a calculated set up to make him look good to anybody that isn't black. Which I don't think many black people at the NAACP (OBAMA's People) like Mitt Romney anyway

I think you are right. Going to the NAACP and saying you will repeal "ObamaCare" is like going to a Teachers Union and saying you promise to wish to Implement No Child Left Behind.

I think it was a calculated move. I also think the media likely over-played the boos to emphasize the point. Which likely shows how much the media coordinates their message with the two political parties.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Our elections have become embarrassing. Check this BS out.. I swear..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Romney campaign has been accused of deliberately getting the Republican presidential candidate booed by black people during his NAACP speech to attract votes 'in certain racist precincts', by MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Romney campaign has been accused of deliberately getting the Republican presidential candidate booed by black people during his NAACP speech to attract votes 'in certain racist precincts', by MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell.

How is that BS? Its a very plausible scenario. Romney knows he doesnt have the support of the majority at the NAACP. But he DOES know that some who he does need to court dont like the NAACP. Calling it 'racist' might be a controversial term, but the motive is pretty cut and dry.

It would be like if Ron Paul went to speak to PFANAC at said he wanted to end all us foreign military engagements and they bood him. He could then use that to rile up his own base.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Advantage

www.dailymail.co.uk...

How is that BS? Its a very plausible scenario. Romney knows he doesnt have the support of the majority at the NAACP. But he DOES know that some who he does need to court dont like the NAACP. Calling it 'racist' might be a controversial term, but the motive is pretty cut and dry.

It would be like if Ron Paul went to speak to PFANAC at said he wanted to end all us foreign military engagements and they bood him. He could then use that to rile up his own base.

Its BS because our elections have become theatre. ROmney knows what will happen but does it for controversy. Id say thats pretty well BS for a man who wants to be the leader of our country.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Advantage because: out instead of our.. sheesh.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I see. Agreed.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen
Mitt Romney: The ultimate hypocrite.

Mitt Romney has gone to great lengths to distance his Massachusetts health plan from the federal law, even giving a PowerPoint presentation to emphasize the differences. But the truth is that there are an awful lot of similarities between the plan he signed in Massachusetts in 2006, often called "RomneyCare," and the one that President Barack Obama signed in 2010, dubbed "ObamaCare."

www.politifact.com...

Did you vote on Obamacare? Did the people of Massachusetts vote on "Romneycare"?
One was the federal government forcing us to buy into their system, the other was the people of a state saying this is what we want. If you can't see the difference you are just a blind hater. As far as similarities goes, Obama modeled his plan after Romneys, because Romney is an actual intelligent person, and Obama is a failure.

Disclaimer: I am from MA, I do not like Romneycare, I am for single payer healthcare.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
How could mitt have possibly thought discussing repealing AHCA at the NAACP would be a good idea?

This was either done o purpose because he wanted to highlight for his own base who is FOR the ACHA ("ObamaCare"), or because he is trying to lose. Either way, i say he expected the boos.

I agree, he should simply say whatever placates the group he is speaking to. Like Obama.

In 2004 Obama said that it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba," because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." This conforms to the view held by most Democrats.

The question is what happens when Obama gets in front of a Cuban-American audience?
What happens is Obama says he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it was "an important inducement for change." Most Cuban-Americans are still for the embargo.

Of course Obama hinted at easing the embargo, placating the Left, and then kept it in place, placating the Cuban-Americans to keep voting for him in 2012. I suspect if he is elected again the embargo will end as he can not run again, just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It's cute how you think my analysis of Romney makes me an Obama supporter.

Oh, you simple partisans.So predictable.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

What is really cute is you think you are a mind reader, can you please quote where I charged you with supporting Obama?

Now that we agree you lack the skills necessary for analysis I will fill you in on what you missed. The point was that Obama says whatever his target audience wants to hear, Romney proved at the NAACP convention he won't play that game. He held firm to what he believes.

Now maybe you think the world revolves around you, but sorry, this had nothing to do with you. It was a comparison of Obama and Romney.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

LOL. You proGOP partisans are getting more and more obvious.

Go Mittens!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I'm anti-GOP thanks, I grew up in Massachusetts in a very liberal family. I find most Republicans to be Repulsive. I just happen to find most Democrats slightly more repulsive. Romney happens to be the guy most qualified to fix the economy, I don't particularly like him as a person. He is qualified, that is all.

new topics

top topics

join