It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plutos 5th moon? Why didnt EA*RTH cosmic observers see PLUTOS p4-p5 moons in the near past?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And like I said, it's also possible that Pluto has a ring.
New Horizons should uncover all of this stuff.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

What could of collided out there? to cause debries and ring? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Two asteroids?
Just a suggestion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Man this thread is interesting simply because I didn't know that Pluto had another moon other than Charon. Heck I thought they had taken Pluto's plane status away a few years ago. I am so confused. Is Pluto a planet again?

Either way, pretty cool thread. I just learned something I never knew before. Deny Ignorance indeed. Less ignorant because of this thread. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by CLPrime

Just a thought.
Dr. Norman Bergrun: "Ringmakers Of Saturn" INTERVIEW! Important information for the world...,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and,

There's a ring around Uranus!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Deny Ignorance indeed
you are welcome my friend

reply to post by Violater1

Thanks Violater1, I just try to visualize it and see comets out there crossing paths enough to make a ring and leave debris. Also how large they would of had to been to leave so much behind to make moons and rings. Do you feel the oort cloud possible disturbance is a real effect and what is being observed here is actual evidence that somehting is out there causing celestial movements of these moon objects and other objects/asteriods/comets that have made it near EA*RTH hit Jupiter and made black spot and Hit Venus and made white spot. Or is there no suspected oort cloud influence sensed?

edit on 7/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
There's a ring around Uranus!

That means you're sitting on the toilet too damn long. Quit the reading or video game playing and get down to business. Sorry I had to

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by BASSPLYR

Deny Ignorance indeed
you are welcome my friend

reply to post by Violater1

Thanks Violater1, I just try to visualize it and see comets out there crossing paths enough to make a ring and leave debris. Also how lareg they would of had to been to leave so much behind to make moons and rings. Do you feel the oort cloud possible disturbance is a real effect and what is being observed here is actual evidence that somehting is out there causing celestial movements of these moon objects and other objects/asteriods/comets that have made it near EA*RTH hit Jupiter and made black spot and Hit Venus and made white spot. Or is there no suspected oort cloud influence sensed?

Because I work for the gobrmnt, I have learned not to trust it. Much of this is Special Compartmentalized Information, and is released after being washed. For what ever reason, Pluto has a new moon.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

How about the Roche Limit?

Typically, the Roche limit applies to a satellite disintegrating due to tidal forces induced by its primary, the body about which it orbits. Parts of the satellite that are closer to the primary are attracted by stronger gravity from the primary, whereas parts further away are repelled by stronger centrifugal force from the satellite's curved orbit. Some real satellites, both natural and artificial, can orbit within their Roche limits because they are held together by forces other than gravitation. Jupiter's moon Metis and Saturn's moon Pan are examples of such satellites, which hold together because of their tensile strength (that is, they are solid and not easily pulled apart). In extreme cases, objects resting on the surface of such a satellite could actually be lifted away by tidal forces. A weaker satellite, such as a comet, could be broken up when it passes within its Roche limit.

It's quite possible that over time enough soft small bodies have come close enought to Pluto for this to happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

eriktheawful, thanks for the detailed response. Makes sense

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I just cannot understand WHY these moons as they are called
were not detected by Hubble in 2005 w/ Nix & Hydra, where were they @?

I think it may be related to the fact that moons move around a planet, so while a telescope can be pointed to a point in the sky to take a photo that can take many hours or even days to take, on that photo all the stars and galaxies will be on the same place for as long as the photos is being taken, while a moon will keep on moving around the planet and will always be less visible than a fixed object on a long exposure photo, the best way of finding things with a telescope.

(the above is just an idea I had after reading your post, I don't really have any idea if things happen like that or not
)

They are also much harder to see as a star or galaxy.

I do it in respect to EA or LORD ENKI. Dont you think its odd you live on a planet with the first 2 letters being a NAME of a ANNUNAKI who is said to of visited EA*RTH?

No, I don't think it's odd, as the planet I live on is called Terra.

When trying to connect things based on language you should always remember that are hundreds of languages spoken on Earth (without an asterisk
)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMaP for comming thru to share some input on the subject and I can agree that they are harder to see, just seems odd.

@When trying to connect things based on language you should always remember that are hundreds of languages spoken on Earth (without an asterisk )

I understand ArMaP I never thought me writting that way REALLY mattered to MANY HERE on EA*RTH, but its like something I have grown or been DRAWN to WRITE. WHY lol maybe the ENKIs are near sending signals/vibrations/ect.. So Its like automatic nature now. The ASTERISK represents A STAR EA* LORD ENKI FROM the STARS.
I have been called an EA groupie before but its all good just part of my CT weirdness. Take care my friend.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I do it in respect to EA or LORD ENKI. Dont you think its odd you live on a planet with the first 2 letters being a NAME of a ANNUNAKI who is said to of visited EA*RTH?

No, I don't think it's odd, as the planet I live on is called Terra.

When trying to connect things based on language you should always remember that are hundreds of languages spoken on Earth (without an asterisk
)

This.
And I say it with all due respect to Ophiuchus (damn your nick is hard to spell lol ), I along many millions call this planet "Tierra"... No enki/enlil there afaik...

On topic: Cool! I didn't know we had discovered two more moons! Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
On topic: Cool! I didn't know we had discovered two more moons! Thanks for the heads up!

You are welcome drakus. Just remember from EA*RTH if there was something artificial nearing EA*RTH it would look somewhat like these images from out near Pluto space or like another comet did even Further out in space said to be carrying debris field.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It does make one wonder that if they can miss a moon with a diameter of 6-15km, what else could they miss? At a distance of that too...

Top speed of a meteor 160,000mph, range of Pluto 95,000,000 miles wouldn't give a hell of a lot of preparation time if it were a meteor heading our way.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

A typical speed for an asteroid coming in from the distance of Pluto would be closer to 10,000 mph.
And the average distance of Pluto from the Earth is 3.5 billion miles (the Earth is 93 million miles from the Sun).

That gives around 40 years worth of notice. At least.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very interesting, thank you for posting.

Im anxious to finally see the planetoid when New Horizons gets there, always an exciting thing seeing new pictures of something so close.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
just bare n mind tat light from the sun takes HOURS to reach pluto, thats not 8 minutes like it is for earth.

Also consider that all the technology and all the scientists capable of detecting planets and their moons on earth how many are actually looking for things that we do not know are there? We are talking about the chances of looking with the right man with the right technology at the right time to detect it.

And in all fairness who honestly cares, pluto is a dwarf planet and things considered to be moons around it are so tiny and irrelevant that the interest in it is so tiny.

So "Why didnt EA*RTH cosmic observers see PLUTOS p4-p5 moons in the near past?" simply because its so unimportant, that hardly anyone would bother looking.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
...And in all fairness who honestly cares, pluto is a dwarf planet and things considered to be moons around it are so tiny and irrelevant that the interest in it is so tiny....

Well, Pluto DOES seem to have an atmosphere that changes seasonally, causing visible changes on its surface. I'd say for a dwarf planet, it is pretty interesting. I'm eager to see the pictures from the New Horizons spacecraft as it whizzes by Pluto in 2015.

It will be our first up-close glimpse of a kuiper-belt object (and perhaps one of the biggest). It should be fun.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
why? because they dont like to look dumb

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join