Monster Rehab

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have no affiliation with Monster energy drink, in fact I don't like any of Monster's products, except one.
Right around one year ago, I heard from a friend about a new energy drink, Monster Rehab, designed for hangovers that was non carbonated that rehydrated and worked great. Well, being the energy drink lover that I am I decided to give a go and wow, it instantly became my energy drink of choice. I began to drink at least one every morning and started buying large cases of them at Sam's Club to save a little cash on my new addiction. Soon my wife, mom, dad, friends, the gas station attendants and everyone else I get to try them fell in love with this drink.
(Tea+lemonade flavor = awesome)

The interesting thing is, I generally get a chronic cough every couple of months that will last for weeks, and am prone to minor colds/flu and allergies. Since I started drinking these I realized that I have not had any of those problems, and neither has my wife. I am not stating that this drink is the reason, but I can't ignore it either. I recommend giving one a try. I know this probably reads like a advertisement, but it's worth looking into.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Thescripter because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Although I appreciate that every one has a vice, in your case it appears to be Monster rehab...I'd just like to add my two cents for the general populous ----> no matter what you believe, health DOESN'T come in a can

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've tried those and they are good but they are loaded with sugar. I prefer RockStar Recovery for the lower sugar content. Orange is my personal fav but the lemonade is good too.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Does it have caffeine in,or other stimulants like red bull?
Reason I ask is that for me,the best hangover cure seems to be a can of coke and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps-preferably after a half decent breakfast.

I think the combination of sugar and caffeine from the coke combined with the salt in the crisps is what does it-sort of like rehydration salts but with extra caffeine.

Problem is the can of coke is probably worse for me than the beers which caused the hangover!
I never drink coke or eat crisps usually though,only after the odd occasion I go out for a few beers.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is by far the best Monster drink on the market, I drink at least two a day. The others, especially the green monsters, dehydrate the hell out of me but just one can of this one will actually rehydrate me more than a bottle of gatorade.

Annnnd it helps me stay awake for my many late night nazi zombie sessions
edit on 11-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
This is by far the best Monster drink on the market, I drink at least two a day. The others, especially the green monsters, dehydrate the hell out of me but just one can of this one will actually rehydrate me more than a bottle of gatorade.

My bet is they will be illegal soon or they will change the ingredients and ruin it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have read some interesting things about taurine.

Eating spiders and bird brains

taurine and birds

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thescripter

Originally posted by Juggernog

My bet is they will be illegal soon or they will change the ingredients and ruin it.

Why would you think that? They are far more healthier than other energy drinks that have been on the market a lot longer than Rehabs

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It does have caffeine,110 mg sodium and 3g sugar the can says, along with Vitamins C, B3, B5, B6, B12..

I tried to drink a redbull the other day (used to love them) and after 45 minutes I felt all shaky and awful, Monster Rehab does not have that effect on me at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Anything that works as intended is often taken away.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Also, to note that it has milk thistle in it, which is beneficial for the liver. May be a reason that its good for hangovers.

Link

Kick/Ingredients: So it was early morning and I needed so re hydration and some reviving. I drank this down quickly since it taste great and has no carbonation. It took a little longer than usual for the energy to hit me. When it did hit it was not super strong but it was just right. I had a pretty strong buzz but never quite got to the jittery phase. I did feel refreshed and I think the hydration effect really delivered a well. The combination of caffeine and re hydration really made me feel great. I had a good solid buzz for 4 hours with no crash. So what’s in this drink you ask? It has quite a lot of different stuff that you want find in your typical Monster. Per can there is a 6455 “Rehab energy blen” that consist of Caffeine( I am thinking 160 mg), glucose, black tea extract, concentrated coconut water, Milk Thistle, Quercetin, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, L-Carnitine, Acai extract, Goji Berry extract, and Mangosteen extract. Then besides the blend you have Taurine, Ginseng, and some B vitamins. You get all that with 20 calories and 6 grams of sugars and carbs. It is sweetened with sucralose and Ace K. I give it a solid B+ for kick/ingredients. They really put some thought into this product.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Some reason Chocolate Milk helps my hangovers.

It's like a craving.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Weirdo.
Looks like you have a hangover in your avatar pic

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I do, it was from too much Jagger....

You know us party girls.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM