It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would your super power be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Instantaneous Complete Total Silence.

.....at the snap of the fingers.

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

if you were to obtain this power, what would you use it for?
SSHHHHH!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RainingDreams

I can't imagine anything bad happening if you only asked that "a million dollars appear in your kitchen without detracting from any stockpile of currency in the world." See, no sweat. Aaaannnddddd if anything DID happen, such as a car crash or something, you could simply wish that it had never happened, taking you straight back to the moment when you made your last wish. Because if that wish had never been granted, none of it would have ever happened.

Remember, when you can grant wishes...ANYTHING is possible. Maybe you want to talk to the creator of the universe. Poof! Done. You want to have a pet cat-dog. Poof! Done. You want to carve a castle out of a mountain and turn it into pure gold. Poof! Done. You want to make your cat-dog live forever. Poof! Done. You want to bring your friend back to life, whole and well? Easy! You could even ask that the entire universe, and everything in it, be erased from existence. What a way to go, eh?

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It does sound simple enough, I can see what you're saying. But with a super power like that, everything is at your fingertips. Things aren't so complicated and the meaning of effort could fade away gradually even if you decided you wouldn't use your power to do certain tasks. But also consider the possibilities of a powerful being who has either gifted you with that power, or has a massive control over a power quite like yours. That'll make things interesting! Kind of getting off-topic about it though.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My chosen superpower….. to understand or know exactly what women are thinking without asking them.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Oh, that's a very good one.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RainingDreams

Isn't that the way most people prefer things? We have robots, we have servants, we have God...we want everything done for us. We're too afraid of having control over everything, because we wouldn't know what to do with it. But if everything can be done and undone in the blink of an eye...

Then, yes, everything would be pointless. Now you understand how a god feels.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
=an ATS search engine that worked, what an awesome power to have.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I thought of a few more...

someone might want the ability to remotely control other people's augmentations

Someone might want the ability to create a magnetic field around them that makes it impossible to shot them or record their activities.

How about the ability to read and record everything that ever happened to a person by accessing their augmentations?

The ability to bring something recently dead temporally back to life?

Would still love to see some concept art. Do you have your work up somewhere on the webs?

Good luck

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would want the ability to sing. That's not a super power ? Are you sure?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hey!
Where is the remote?

Oh never mind...

I have infrared transmitters on my fingertips.

Index finger for TV
middle finger for DVD
ring finger for Audio
little finger for Auxilliary
Bluetooh on my thumb.

Common problem solved...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Teleportation.... Hands down. I'm a traveller (living in the US, but travelling out of it) and the worst thing is basically loosing a day to 2 days of getting to my destination. I wish that I could just snap my fingers and I'd be where I'd like to be without the jetlag 😂

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Easy answer. The ability to control physical reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Best super power would be summoning a galactic army(either be daemon or alien).

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
To not have a power given

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Superpowers I would like (in order):

1. The ability to move things with my mind

2. Invisibility

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Your post made me think that God must be awfully bored. Maybe that's why every day is different.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For me it would be pretty easy.
Telekinesis it would be.
to be able to manipulate or move anything i see fit, including myself with only will-power.
not even superman or Hulk stands a chance.
Think Jean from X-Men, only with way better control over the "ability"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that I already have a superpower. It is an uncanny ability to make women want to marry me and then file for divorce.

Seriously... I'm like Superman with this one. I don't even have to try. It just keeps happening, and happening, and happening, and happening....

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Lol, yours made me laugh.

Seriously, though, thanks for your input.

Everyone else, too, I've been reading over everyone's ideas and I can see this story more clearly in my head. I love it

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

lmao!

awwww poor heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join