It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic stink! A theory and experiment. Looking for feedback.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
First let me explain what I mean by" psychic stink". When I was a child I told my grandmother that I could feel people and places. When someone was several feet away I could feel whatever they were feeling I could walk into a house and tell you if the people who lived there had been happy, sad, or angry. My grandmother was a wise woman. She practiced a religion my family brought with them from Siberia that is much like the beliefs of Native Americans and Wica. She told me that everyone has psychic stink that the stronger the emotion the stronger the stink and the longer it stays around.

As an adult I have had time to reflect on what she told me Here is my theory.

The human body is chalk full of chemicals, hormones, pheromones and such. Science has shown that we react to these chemicals in ways we are not even aware of. Sexual arousal caused by pheromones, contact high from anothers adrenaline, Emotions release these chemicals. Possibly some of us can pick up on these chemical signals. As far as material objects retaining a memory, Matter is not solid it's got nooks and crannies. Possibly it can absorb these chemicals when they are strong enough or have persisted for a long time. Like an armchair someone sat in everyday would absorb their sweat and after a while their stink.

There must be someway to test this theory. I am just having some trouble thinking of an experiment that could either prove or disprove it.

Sometimes I am not very good at explaining things so I tried to convey these ideas as best I can.

Also if this is true could you plant these chemicals and would others just react to them or would they also feel the feeling associated with the chemicals that have been planted? I am interested in hearing what others think. I am not convinced ESP exists and I think there is a logical explanation for some of the things I and others have experienced. I think we may just be picking up on signals and information others might miss. Like the difference between watching the movie and being in the movie.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
First let me explain what I mean by" psychic stink". When I was a child I told my grandmother that I could feel people and places. When someone was several feet away I could feel whatever they were feeling I could walk into a house and tell you if the people who lived there had been happy, sad, or angry. My grandmother was a wise woman. She practiced a religion my family brought with them from Siberia that is much like the beliefs of Native Americans and Wica. She told me that everyone has psychic stink that the stronger the emotion the stronger the stink and the longer it stays around.

As an adult I have had time to reflect on what she told me Here is my theory.

The human body is chalk full of chemicals, hormones, pheromones and such. Science has shown that we react to these chemicals in ways we are not even aware of. Sexual arousal caused by pheromones, contact high from anothers adrenaline, Emotions release these chemicals. Possibly some of us can pick up on these chemical signals. As far as material objects retaining a memory, Matter is not solid it's got nooks and crannies. Possibly it can absorb these chemicals when they are strong enough or have persisted for a long time. Like an armchair someone sat in everyday would absorb their sweat and after a while their stink.

There must be someway to test this theory. I am just having some trouble thinking of an experiment that could either prove or disprove it.

Sometimes I am not very good at explaining things so I tried to convey these ideas as best I can.

Also if this is true could you plant these chemicals and would others just react to them or would they also feel the feeling associated with the chemicals that have been planted? I am interested in hearing what others think. I am not convinced ESP exists and I think there is a logical explanation for some of the things I and others have experienced. I think we may just be picking up on signals and information others might miss. Like the difference between watching the movie and being in the movie.

Interesting theory!

Maybe your "psychic stink" (awesome name btw) also carries over to herd and mob mentality. The places where mob mentality persists usually stink. And since these tendencies are usually picked up from visual cues, who's to say they aren't achieved through the nose as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello -

I think pheremones may be at work in some of what you suggest - although I am not sure of how long they could linger.

One could postulate that moisture would have to be involved somewhere and moisture has a tendency to penetrate porous material and gather on surfaces, so material may 'keep' whatever has penetrated it until it is changed - allowing those with evolved or heightened awareness to 'feel' said presence.

I wouldn't want to discount some sort of quantum effect at play either.

Biological receptors of specific nature (or engineering) might help gather data.

I like your thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I thought about this idea you get large group of people and although they can't all see each other panic can spread through the group or how prison guards say before a riot you could feel something was up.

They all so say happiness is contagious. If my thoughts are correct there should be a way to spread or broadcast positive emotions. I wonder if you blindfolded people who claim to be able to sense these things and took them to say Disney or a prison if they could tell the difference.

I don't know if others would feel the emotions or just react to them.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have an idea on how you could test this out. Have someone take something simple like an index card and have them think of something specific while holding it. Have them send it to you and see if you can pick up on the emotion associated with it. I'd be willing to help you out as I've always been interested in this kind of stuff and your story resonated with me bc I had a similar relationship with my grandmother. U2U me.

join