It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US believes Iran is THE biggest threat to national security going into 2013- do you care?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What is Irans track record? On the action side you have Iran resorting to hostage taking. Then again Iran did not start a war for over 200 years, had a war with iraq.

On the diplomatic front the mullahs called for the destruction of Israel.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It's a fact Russia offered fuel, it's a fact Iran refused and decided to build their own centrifuges,...

They have the right to do so, as they signed the NPT.

it's a fact the holy leadership in Iran has spouted dangerous rhetoric...

I think Yuval Diskin, former head of ShinBeth found the right words...

"I have no faith in the prime minister, nor in the defence minister, I really don't have faith in a leadership that makes decisions out of messianic feelings."

REUTERS

Threats are thrown towards Iran on a daily basis with no evidence for the claims made. So pardon me for respectfully disagreeing with you.

there's no reason Iran needed the capability to enrich uranium

It is not ours to decide that. They have signed the NPT, therefore they can enrich Uranium to 19,75%.

edit on 11-7-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
The NDAA legislation for 2013 points out that Iran is the biggest threat to US national security in 2013.

Not only that, policy is to prepare militarily for conflict. The legislation believes that sanctions and diplomatic efforts are not working and the answer now is to put a very big military presence around Iran.

Will people only believe it when oil prices sky rocket and war is already underway?

Prepare for conflict. Another country wants to sell oil with currency other than American dollars or refuses to have a Rothschild national bank print their currency. How dare they?!? Time to send the US in there to spank them. As we already have our media machine painting them as a threat to national and global security it is a done deal.

Of course oil prices will skyrocket if we balk. Unlike Venezuela, Libya until recently, Iraq until we spanked them, and other countries that we label as threats because they refuse to play that game, we pay more than 10 cents a gallon for gas.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country, if they are Americans and allies. The Patriot Act probably says so, somewhere.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I can honestly tell you folk on here that the UK public do not see Iran as the big danger to them, like most people in the world today they see America as the biggest danger to the public, mostly because it forgets to think first before it does stupid things.
The USA got rid of the Iraq leader, look at the mess the public are in now? then other leaders were removed and those places are in a mess now too.
The USA is like a clown walking about with a match among petrol cans with no lids on, but the fool in America has Nuclear bombs, and they can ruin your entire day if he lets them go bang.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I can honestly tell you folk on here that the UK public do not see Iran as the big danger to them, like most people in the world today they see America as the biggest danger to the public, mostly because it forgets to think first before it does stupid things.
The USA got rid of the Iraq leader, look at the mess the public are in now? then other leaders were removed and those places are in a mess now too.
The USA is like a clown walking about with a match among petrol cans with no lids on, but the fool in America has Nuclear bombs, and they can ruin your entire day if he lets them go bang.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
If you turn the Iranian threat upside down you will find a tag that reads "Made in America...With Pride!"

Actually, it says "Made in China for US consumption".... you know, it's just cheaper to make the label there...

For real, this is total US propaganda at its best... Goebbels couldn't DREAM of this level of population control... It's absurd!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

OK, I don't think that they're a threat right now. But maybe in a little while they might become enough of a threat to actualy cause some damage over here. I always try empathy, you knowm walk a mile in the other guys shoes. Try to look at thing from different perspectives. If I was the president of Iran and saw all those countries arround me, from Suddan to Afghanistan, being carpet bombed regardles of the innocent civilians. I'd tell myself that I'd have to diffend myself from those terrorists if ever they try to attack me. What ever means necesary. It it mean making A-Bombs than so be it. After all the only country to ever use an A and H-bomb on an other nation is the US isn't it. And they are the instigators.
edit on 11-7-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In other words....

another war for oil.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

OK, I don't think that they're a threat right now. But maybe in a little while they might become enough of a threat to actualy cause some damage over here. I always try empathy, you knowm walk a mile in the other guys shoes. Try to look at thing from different perspectives. If I was the president of Iran and saw all those countries arround me, from Suddan to Afghanistan, being carpet bombed regardles of the innocent civilians. I'd tell myself that I'd have to diffend myself from those terrorists if ever they try to attack me. What ever means necesary. It it mean making A-Bombs than so be it. After all the only country to ever use an A and H-bomb on an other nation is the US isn't it. And they are the instigators.
edit on 11-7-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

Iran is not a threat to America I agree and even if they did develop a nuke, if they decided to use it on somebody, the US would nuke them off this planet.

So Iran is not a threat to America.

What is happening is that Israel preceives Iran as a threat, Iran stands by the Palestinians for example. Whether justified or not doesn't matter, please allow me to explain what does matter-

What matters is that this 'Iranian threat' has been pushed by the Israeli lobby in America for many years. The media has demonised Iran, the Israeli lobby that influences the majority of American foreign policy has year by year convinced the decision makers that Iran really is a threat.

This is why the NDAA 2013 is so significant because it is evidence to show that for the very first time, Congress itself is shifting it's policy to what Israel wants to do regarding the Iran policy.

Previous NDAA legislation has mentioned the 'issue' of Iran getting nukes, spoke of a policy of containment and diplomatic solutions. The NDAA for 2012 upped the stakes by applying economic sanctions.

However, the NDAA for next year now lists Iran as THE biggest threat to US national security. It states that the policy of diplomacy is failing, that the next step is to prepare militarily.

It tells us two things-

1- that war is planned next year.

2- That the pro Israeli lobby has finally infiltrated far enough to make Congress believe military action is the right way forward.

Both are as scary as each other, 2 just serves as evidence for what many have claimed for years.

The reason people should care is because American government has been hijacked, and now reached a point of having hardly any control over it's foreign policy, and that war with Iran will escalate to affect us all worldwide, both economically and through the suffering of war.

The writing isn't on the wall, it is in the NDAA!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I care more about the fact that it seems like almost every government on the planet is working together to make sure that there's almost a constant state of war and strife on the planet.

As if they're hugely worried about the idea of what we'll wake up to collectively if there's actually any peace. Do you really think constant war every single year is a co-incidence? I don't, because I think if there's ever even brief worldwide peace (the thing they seem to make damn sure never happens.) we'll start shifting ourselves onto a higher vibration.

The fact that they seem to think they're more important than the billions of people's lives they're making a shadow of what they could be is something that I hope we collectively wake up to very shortly.

Because guess who'll be the Boss if that happens? Probably all of us. And they really, really don't seem to like it. Did they forget to realise that they'll also be able to share in all that? It's badly bizarre. Almost as if they have no choice because there's some other forces pulling the strings behind the scenes.

But that's where we enter wild speculation and I'm not going there! One of the big problems I think though is Demonizing them. I don't think we should be doing that at all, even though it's hard, because it just seems to feed them. I still want them to get over this BS and work out some type of solution, some type of truce, but as time passes it's getting harder and harder to work out how that's going to happen. (but it can surely still happen. don't want to end this post by being negative.)
edit on 12-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe one of the real questions in all this is : what can we do to help them? Because they seem to be out of control. Well, their own control anyway. Don't they want to take their own power back and help us solve this huge mess?

I could go on all day, will have to leave it here...
edit on 12-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I will reply with a post I posted here :

The US may not have waged war for centuries... Oh WAIT! Never mind... They have waged war, dropped nuclear weapons on innocent people TWICE... Bombed Iraqi civilians, bombed Afghani civilians, bombed Pakistani civilians, bombed African civilians... hmmm lets see who's the greatest evil... read on!

The US has invaded a number of countries, placed puppet governments, setup military bases, removed puppet governments with orchestrated "coups" when they puppets don't listen anymore...

What has Iran done? hmmm let me see... Threatened to retaliate if attacked by anyone... That is SO EVIL!!!! OMG Iran is soooooo evil!!!!

There are radicals in Iran, but there are more radicals in the US government... Those extreme animals in the US government also have access to thousands of nukes and are encouraged by other animals in israel... hmmm who should I be scared of? Iran or the US?

Wake up, time to go to school...

Basically, what I'm saying is that the US is nothing more than an Israeli puppet, a VERY DANGEROUS puppet... the reason why is simple : they have a serious army, they are stupid religious, and they are run by money hungry corporations and israeli religious zealots who force politicians to get their way using blackmail and bribery...

I don't see the democratic freedom that the US supposedly is all about... all I see is israeli control and violent invasions...

Iran is a peaceful nation with some extremist factions (what country doesn't have one)... I see the US as more of a threat to the world than Iran... At least Iran isn't controlled by outside influence, nor by corporations...

Down with the US, the Fed, and Israel... They are the #1 reason for the instability in the world both economically and politically (wars etc...)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Actually, isn't this what the whole thing is about? The big deception. That we spend almost every day on sites like this rambling on about what they're doing instead of doing what we should be doing : focusing on our own lives so that we can better ourselves and deal with anything that comes at us in a completely different way than we've been programmed to.

On that note I'm done.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I will reply with a post I posted here :

The US may not have waged war for centuries... Oh WAIT! Never mind... They have waged war, dropped nuclear weapons on innocent people TWICE... Bombed Iraqi civilians, bombed Afghani civilians, bombed Pakistani civilians, bombed African civilians... hmmm lets see who's the greatest evil... read on!

The US has invaded a number of countries, placed puppet governments, setup military bases, removed puppet governments with orchestrated "coups" when they puppets don't listen anymore...

What has Iran done? hmmm let me see... Threatened to retaliate if attacked by anyone... That is SO EVIL!!!! OMG Iran is soooooo evil!!!!

There are radicals in Iran, but there are more radicals in the US government... Those extreme animals in the US government also have access to thousands of nukes and are encouraged by other animals in israel... hmmm who should I be scared of? Iran or the US?

Wake up, time to go to school...

Basically, what I'm saying is that the US is nothing more than an Israeli puppet, a VERY DANGEROUS puppet... the reason why is simple : they have a serious army, they are stupid religious, and they are run by money hungry corporations and israeli religious zealots who force politicians to get their way using blackmail and bribery...

I don't see the democratic freedom that the US supposedly is all about... all I see is israeli control and violent invasions...

Iran is a peaceful nation with some extremist factions (what country doesn't have one)... I see the US as more of a threat to the world than Iran... At least Iran isn't controlled by outside influence, nor by corporations...

Down with the US, the Fed, and Israel... They are the #1 reason for the instability in the world both economically and politically (wars etc...)

Do you accept my points that American government has been taken over by the pro Israel lobby?

American policy towards Iran (which is now to prepare for war and give up on diplomatic efforts as outlined by the NDAA) is shaped by the pro Israel lobby.

Do you agree?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What is Irans track record? On the action side you have Iran resorting to hostage taking. Then again Iran did not start a war for over 200 years, had a war with iraq.

Whoa there buddy. Cherry picking history is a real big no-no.

In the 1950's, Iran elected Prime Minister Mosaddeq to office. He proceeded to nationalize the oil industry. This pissed off American and English oil interests, so the CIA and MI6 sponsored a coup and installed the (vichy) Shah. They also restored western control of Iranian oil.

Eventual the Iranian people overthrew the Shah and took our embassy personnel hostage. Kinda a payback thing.

While the hostage situation was playing out, the US prodded Saddam Hussein to attack Iran, which he promptly did. The Iranians were defending their country from a US-backed aggressor.

In modern times, Iran has proven to be a peaceful country. Simple fact: The only real threat in the entire middle east is US and Israeli looting and pillaging.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I completely agree, in fact I gave you a star...

The US is technically not a sovereign nation anymore... it should be renamed the united american states of israel...

Canada is coming along this way slowly...

I can't wait for someone to finally destroy israel once and for all

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

I completely agree, in fact I gave you a star...

The US is technically not a sovereign nation anymore... it should be renamed the united american states of israel...

Canada is coming along this way slowly...

I can't wait for someone to finally destroy israel once and for all

Whilst I agree America and pretty much all western countries are under hidden influence (although they don't exactly 'hide' do they
), I don't agree with the idea of destroying any country. Violence would only feed into what they want.

The people in Israel are just as innocent as the people in Iran, Russia, UK or USA. It's the scum bags calling the shots, those who have been for hundreds of years, who are to blame. The Illuminati or 'secret powers' are very real. Zionism is one of their tools, as is Communism. This is a 'conspiracy' website yet only a small % of people are willing to admit or or even acknowledge the reality of the situation.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by Cassius666

Whoa there buddy. Cherry picking history is a real big no-no.

In the 1950's, Iran elected Prime Minister Mosaddeq to office. He proceeded to nationalize the oil industry. This pissed off American and English oil interests, so the CIA and MI6 sponsored a coup and installed the (vichy) Shah. They also restored western control of Iranian oil.

Eventual the Iranian people overthrew the Shah and took our embassy personnel hostage. Kinda a payback thing.

While the hostage situation was playing out, the US prodded Saddam Hussein to attack Iran, which he promptly did. The Iranians were defending their country from a US-backed aggressor.

In modern times, Iran has proven to be a peaceful country. Simple fact: The only real threat in the entire middle east is US and Israeli looting and pillaging.

That right there folks, is real history. They are the facts.

Iran has been a thorn in the side of the America and Israel for a long time.

NDAA 2013 will see that Iran is tackled once more.

Although what the scum bag's who operate out of pure greed (oil deals and weapons sales etc) don't realise is that an Israel vs Iran conflict is serving a much larger agenda, and they'll be thrown to the dogs like the other 99% once it kicks off.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I love it when the spinning goes on in our corporate dictatorship, is very well known that the biggest threat of Iran is Iranian rights to their own oil and the possibility of that oil inundating the markets and causing the oil barons in the US markets lose their profits.

That is why Iraq was invaded that is why any country that is not part of the happy merry go around in the oil mafia have to be conquered and their government replaced by entities that will have their nations indebted and their resources controlled.

Is nothing but a big scam played by the hands of corrupted entities in our nation.

And people applauds the crap that comes out of the mouths of the so call leaders that we have in government.

Iran most died because they are the biggest danger to oil profits and the petrodollar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join