It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps - Evidence of Undersea Tunnels and Bases?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not sure where this topic belongs, so 'Gray Area' it is...

Go to Google Maps, off the coast of Brookings, Oregon (southern tip) down to the Crescent City, CA area. Now set your zoom to the point where about a half inch equals five miles... Scan slowly west and take a look at the ocean floor. It looks normal at first, the way you would expect the continental shelf to appear; very clearly shown peaks and valleys, just like on land, but underwater. Then it gets kinda strange; there starts to be what look like 'tractor marks', all very obviously unnatural; there's some large areas that are blurry and look for all the world like the blurry blanked-out pictures of 'bases on the moon' look from the NASA photographs. Start following the 'tractor marks' and they head for miles all over the place, to nearby islands, up alongside other countries, etc. They often take right angle turns to create rectangles and squares.

I can understand if these were the result of deep sea sonar scanning operations, mapping the ocean floor, but it appears they have the entire ocean floor mapped, why would some areas be 'blurry' and others these queer tractor marks? They are quite obviously not places where one map has joined up with another, creating an edge like you see in Voyager-style maps. I can also understand some undersea ocean floor cracks looking like straight lines sometimes, but this?

What say you, Fellow ATS'ers?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why not provide a map link?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is this what you're talking about?

Link

If so - the anomaly goes over the land as well .. this is the result of stitching images from different times.. common sort of glitch.

If it's not ... provide a link =)
edit on 7/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A lot of wierd lines and stuff on the ocean floor have to do with how they took the picture.

Look at Diego Garcia. The top secret island base in the Indian occean, one person here said that in the lagoon was a underwater base, actualy what you see in the lagoon is lines caused by dredging, makeing the lagoon deeper to allow bigger ships to dock

Sometimes the wierd lines are caused by side scanning sonar, you have to take pics in long lines then put them together

I've asked myself a few times" what the hell is that?" on more then one picture

Be safe people

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Google Maps as a source for Evidence of Undersea Tunnels and Bases?

rofl

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A link would be nice because I'm afraid i'll end up looking at something different

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately I know of no way to 'post a link'. My browser just reads 'google maps' and it's not giving me a lat and long reading. Just go to Google Maps like I said, set the distances to 5 miles equals about a half inch (anything closer and you'll be looking at the surface shine, not the bottom of the ocean) and then scan due west from the area off Crescent City. You'll see normal trenches and then start seeing some very anomalous areas that are smudged out, what may be scanning sonar images, but I doubt it or it would all look that way, and obvious rectangular and square shapes that cannot be natural.

I can see no reason why some places have exquisite resolution, and others are all smudged out looking, unless they're trying to hide something.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Is this what you're talking about?

Link

If so - the anomaly goes over the land as well .. this is the result of stitching images from different times.. common sort of glitch.

If it's not ... provide a link =)
edit on 7/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Nope, you need to pull out a lot more. For some reason it just shows water surface shine at that resolution. You want to go west until you're past the continental shelf. Thanks for trying and being polite about it though

edit on 11-7-2012 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

Sorry, just realized you need to have the square in the upper right hand corner 'map' being the one clicked. There's a lot of different ways to set the imagery, but that's the one that shows the most detail.
edit on 11-7-2012 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusHilarisCaro
Google Maps as a source for Evidence of Undersea Tunnels and Bases?

rofl

Oh look, the shill is back.

Isn't it against ATS rules to make a new account after being banned?

top topics

join