It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See the video the Union Bosses DO NOT want you to see. Viewer discretion is advised.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I didn't really know where to put this, so if it needs moved than so be it. also Mods the title is as it appears in my email.

So I was going through my emails and saw one that said Rand Paul video big labor and obama don't want you to see

www.righttoworkcommittee.org...

I have always said that I should not have to pay someone to keep my job, If I can't keep it on my skills then I don't want it.

It even says that Unions or simply un american.

So what do you guys think do you think the right to work bill could be passed and end unions?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I have always said that if I were in the position of owning a business and the unions were attempting to come in, I would shut the doors and close shop. Then I would relocate the business elsewhere and start all over. Wash rinse and repeat if necessary.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I didn't really know where to put this, so if it needs moved than so be it. also Mods the title is as it appears in my email.

So I was going through my emails and saw one that said Rand Paul video big labor and obama don't want you to see

www.righttoworkcommittee.org...

I have always said that I should not have to pay someone to keep my job, If I can't keep it on my skills then I don't want it.

It even says that Unions or simply un american.

So what do you guys think do you think the right to work bill could be passed and end unions?

I'm not a fan of union bosses in my country(Australia) but corporatism is much worse, i know for a fact as working in the construction industry in my country, companies force hard working Australians to comply with there demands or they will offshore the work for a cheaper price and they will get it.

Immigration see's people getting exploited to work for lower rates of pay and without a union to help try to control the corporate scheme we would all be getting $15 an hour for a trade we spent 4 years completing. There really isn't much more to say on the matter, if i'm wrong and American unions are different? I'll assume (until im corrected ) they fight for the same reasons ours does? Why would you want to get rid of the union? It's like asking to get rid of the police force that also costs hard working Americans there money but without them crime would run rampant?

Originally posted by Skewed

I have always said that if I were in the position of owning a business and the unions were attempting to come in, I would shut the doors and close shop. Then I would relocate the business elsewhere and start all over. Wash rinse and repeat if necessary.

There we have it, if Skewed has it his own way he'd relocate his business because the union would be asking him about the welfare of his workers.

Are they getting payed superannuation? Payed for overtime? Payed for RDO's? Payed for sick and holiday pay?

It works both ways Skewed!
edit on 11-7-2012 by SethGecko because: edited for skewed post

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SethGecko

What you have said is the same way i think of it well said

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SethGecko

I would take care of my employees.
But when it started becoming "not good enough" for them, then the doors get locked.
It does not take a union to ensure that.
I am of the opinion that I would give my employees what they need, not necessarily what they want.
I was never aware that I had to justify my actions to a union.....
edit on 11-7-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If every boss had the same mindset as you, the world would be a better place. Unfortunately many bosses are greedy and just hire people to exploit them for more profits. Which is where the Union comes in.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko
If every boss had the same mindset as you, the world would be a better place. Unfortunately many bosses are greedy and just hire people to exploit them for more profits. Which is where the Union comes in.

If this was intended for me then I would like to add that under no circumstances do I consider myself a boss. Anyone can be a boss, and we got more than we need. I for one call myself a leader.
Just clarifying.

top topics

join