It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does an Idiot like me resist? The smart way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I woke up this morning thinking about all these things that are not only working against me, but all of us. Not a good cheery start to my day, and maybe many of you can relate. My future is fun filled (sarcasm) soon I get to....Get penalized for not having health care!
Get groped by the TSA !
Get more of my money taken by greedy corporations!
Get spied on!
Get harassed by law enforement!
Get oppressed, pushed and beaten down by anyway the "elite" deem appropriate!

So what does an idiot like me do to resist? Without getting arrested or killed!
How can I do it the smart way, so that an impact can be made and I dont need to become involved in any political party, they are all corrupt as it is!

Enough is enough for me, Im done and fed up!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Unfortunately for the people that already see these problems happening, the general population won't kick up a fuss because the world is still spinning, the food is on the table, a roof is over the head and everything seems peachy.

If the system was to fail on a grand scale(which it won't anytime soon) the people will revolt. But then the question to be asked is, what do we fix, and how do/can we fix it?
edit on 11-7-2012 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Become as independent as possible.

Grow your own food. Stop purchasing meaningless "entertainment" like video games and movies. Turn off your television. Start your own business. Try to walk/bike more so you use less fuel. Stop contributing, as much as is possible, to a system that oppresses you. Save your pennies and dimes and break away from the system one day.

We have become reliant on global industry for our food, clothing, transportation, entertainment.. These are the mechanisms they use for control. If you want to effectively fight back, do your part to weaken these systems. =P

Resistance doesn't need to be direct. In fact, voting with your wallet, in my opinion, is the most effective form of resistance out there - if enough people do it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SethGecko

I agree with alot of what you said. For me, because of the exsisting evidence I think we are much further into a complete collapse the suspected. Frustrating to see, that all laws and initiatives created as of recent are working against the middle class! And there more to come.

Thank you for your input.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Grow your own food. Stop purchasing meaningless "entertainment" like video games and movies. Turn off your television. Start your own business. Try to walk/bike more so you use less fuel. Stop contributing, as much as is possible, to a system that oppresses you. Save your pennies and dimes and break away from the system one day.

We have become reliant on global industry for our food, clothing, transportation, entertainment.. These are the mechanisms they use for control. If you want to effectively fight back, do your part to weaken these systems. =P

Resistance doesn't need to be direct. In fact, voting with your wallet, in my opinion, is the most effective form of resistance out there - if enough people do it.

Firstly, i do agree with you in part, but majority people cannot grow there own pigs, cows, chickens, wheat, fruits and vegetables on a block of land in the suburbs while also processing those to be consumed, sure the meat is semi easy, you have to feed the pigs, cows and chickens but what about the fruits and vegetables? Bugs and insects will eat them away unless you "ROUND them UP". A self sustaining lifestyle isn't cheap and isn't easy, why do you think consumerism is so high around the food and energy market?

Secondly, if everybody becomes self sustaining, who is going to build the infrastructure? Hospitals, roads, law & order etc?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Excellent, just the kind of feedback I was looking for! I just cannot justify filling up the pockets of those who treat us like disease ridden animals!
edit on 11-7-2012 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think most of you all are taking this way out of proportion. You won't get spied unless you are doing something. You won't get groped if you just take the highway. In the 10 years I have had my bank account, I never once ran into a problem. I swear some of you all are paranoid. Yuh, the customers that I see daily, some of them think we are the TSA, and all I'm doing is giving them a discount card.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Your "perspective" is duly noted. It wont be long until it starts spilling over into your life. Things are coming, and laws and regulations have been passed that will soon effect everyone. Prosperity can make people blind, and because we do not feel certain aspects of exsisting conditons does not mean they are not real. I guess for some ignorance is bliss, but for them will come the worst realization, because they never once thought about preparing or doing something about it.

Thank you for your input.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko

Firstly, i do agree with you in part, but majority people cannot grow there own pigs, cows, chickens, wheat, fruits and vegetables on a block of land in the suburbs while also processing those to be consumed, sure the meat is semi easy, you have to feed the pigs, cows and chickens but what about the fruits and vegetables? Bugs and insects will eat them away unless you "ROUND them UP". A self sustaining lifestyle isn't cheap and isn't easy, why do you think consumerism is so high around the food and energy market?

Secondly, if everybody becomes self sustaining, who is going to build the infrastructure? Hospitals, roads, law & order etc?

Meat isn't necessary, although it's nice. You don't need to grow a huge variety of things either. I grow a variety of tomatoes, carrots, pumpkins, summer squash, cucumbers, a variety of herbs, peas, corn, and a lot of different peppers. I have two pear trees, two plum trees, an apricot tree and an apple tree. I take my surplus to a local farmer's market and trade or sell to buy what I don't grow.

If you don't have livestock, grow veggies and trade for what you need. It's really not that hard, and some research has shown me that there are farmer's markets all over the country. I don't think anyone lives more than 50 miles from one. You only have to go once or twice a month. It turns out to be FAR LESS EXPENSIVE than buying the crap they sell in stores.

My garden is 100% organic, I rebuilt the soil when I bought the house. You are brainwashed if you believe that you need chemical insecticides to successfully grow a garden. I use a pepper/water mix and it works great. If you are pressed for space you can garden vertically. Cheap or free lumber will help to build a frame. Again, cheap or free lumber can be used to build containers to grow in. This also conserves water if done right, and provides shade for plants that require it on the lower levels.

We don't need a massive central government to build our infrastructure. Not every person needs to be a farmer either. We will need construction workers, IT professionals, shoemakers, plumbers, pilots, soldiers, doctors, etc.. Obviously we need currency too - what we DONT need is a huge centralized government that is heavily influenced by private interests dictating what we eat, drink, see, read, learn...

I'm talking about returning independence to communities. We are social beings and obviously one man cannot produce all of the things a society needs - but a community can. What we need to do is restore independence to our communities by strengthening them in the areas mentioned above..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I think most of you all are taking this way out of proportion. You won't get spied unless you are doing something. You won't get groped if you just take the highway. In the 10 years I have had my bank account, I never once ran into a problem.

In older times, this may have been true. Today things are changing faster than we can keep up.

Right now, these miscreants are setting up a Stazi-style security apparatus and they are spying on everyone. Do you realize there are over a million names on this gangster government's terrorist watch list? Do you for-one-minute believe there are a million "terrorists" in the US?

Do you realize the TSA has expanded and now they are authorized to operate in bus stations, train stations and at roadblocks? How long do you think it will take them to start molesting people at their new locations?

Re: Your bank account. Prepare yourself because we will be seeing a "bank holiday" soon enough. Fiat currency has no value and right now the bad guys are trading this worthless paper for hard assets. This financial system will be crashing -- sooner rather than later....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

I don't think FIAT currency is the problem. I think a debt based economy is the problem.

Gold and silver will ALWAYS have monetary value, but I don't think it's practical for every day exchange. Instead, Congress should take the power to issue money back from the private banks, and stop paying interest for their own money. Usury is a bad thing, and it impoverishes entire countries.

FIAT money works well, as history has shown. The problems we see with inflation and bubble economies are due to all money being born of debt, not the lack of a tangible asset to back it.

Check out the Money as Debt series, should be on Youtube. It's probably 6 hours in total, but will leave you with a new perspective on economic systems. Very well researched and presented, makes total sense but it's way too much to communicate effectively on ATS. =]

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I do understand where you're coming from in that regard, but also understand not everybody can grow these all year round or at all where they live. Places are just not fit for vegetation and plenty of people live in those regions.

I was also under the assumption, self sustaining was the use of water tanks, solar panels and off the grid, meaning why should you even work if you are absolutely self sustaining? I'll assume you're hoping humanities good will provides the rest?

Will give you props about the garden being 100% organic, never did come to mind the only reason round up/GM was used is because spraying a massive field all year is expensive.
edit on 11-7-2012 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

We don't need a massive central government to build our infrastructure. Not every person needs to be a farmer either. We will need construction workers, IT professionals, shoemakers, plumbers, pilots, soldiers, doctors, etc.. Obviously we need currency too - what we DONT need is a huge centralized government that is heavily influenced by private interests dictating what we eat, drink, see, read, learn...

I'm talking about returning independence to communities. We are social beings and obviously one man cannot produce all of the things a society needs - but a community can. What we need to do is restore independence to our communities by strengthening them in the areas mentioned above..

This made very good sense to me! I can see this providing a huge blow to TPTB, They want us on their grid, they want us controlled, they want our money and they do not care how destitute they leave us!
edit on 11-7-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

This made very good sense to me! I can see this providing a huge blow to TPTB, They want us on their grid, they want us controlled, they want our money and they do not care how destitute they leave us!
edit on 11-7-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

Oops I messed that quote up.
2nd

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I do understand where you're coming from in that regard, but also understand not everybody can grow these all year round or at all where they live. Places are just not fit for vegetation and plenty of people live in those regions.

I was also under the assumption, self sustaining was the use of water tanks, solar panels and off the grid, meaning why should you even work if you are absolutely self sustaining? I'll assume you're hoping humanities good will provides the rest?

Not sure where we're getting stuck..

Not everyone needs to farm. If an area can't sustain people without having food/water/supplies shipped in, people shouldn't live there. That's just a very self evident fact.

Remember when I said "save your pennies and dimes so you can get away from teh system?" You unfortunately will have to work in the current system in order to break away from it. As I said in my first post it will require more than a single person. As I've reiterated more than once in this thread, entire communities need to start doing this and that happens one person at a time.

I have thought about this long and hard, my goal in life is to get away from the mess we call suburbia and somewhere where I can be as self sufficient as possible. I will still rely on other humans for things I don't produce myself, but as long as I'm producing something of value I will be able to get everything I need. At no point have I talked about charity or faith in "humanity's good."

I'm not saying hermitize yourself, I'm saying stop contributing in such huge ways to the mechanisms that are being used to lord over civilization and control us all. You're correct that providing your own power and water are a huge part of being self sufficient. There are lots of ways to produce energy that aren't solar, like geothermal and kinetic. I'm not an electrical engineer (I'm a software engineer) so I would have to rely on others for these things. That doesn't mean I have to rely on the system for them, however. =]

I'm not completely sure what you are disputing, but I maintain that it is possible to be mostly self-sufficient as an individual or family, and entirely self-sufficient as a community. =D

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Not sure where we're getting stuck..

Not everyone needs to farm. If an area can't sustain people without having food/water/supplies shipped in, people shouldn't live there. That's just a very self evident fact.

Remember when I said "save your pennies and dimes so you can get away from teh system?" You unfortunately will have to work in the current system in order to break away from it. As I said in my first post it will require more than a single person. As I've reiterated more than once in this thread, entire communities need to start doing this and that happens one person at a time.

I have thought about this long and hard, my goal in life is to get away from the mess we call suburbia and somewhere where I can be as self sufficient as possible. I will still rely on other humans for things I don't produce myself, but as long as I'm producing something of value I will be able to get everything I need. At no point have I talked about charity or faith in "humanity's good."

I'm not saying hermitize yourself, I'm saying stop contributing in such huge ways to the mechanisms that are being used to lord over civilization and control us all. You're correct that providing your own power and water are a huge part of being self sufficient. There are lots of ways to produce energy that aren't solar, like geothermal and kinetic. I'm not an electrical engineer (I'm a software engineer) so I would have to rely on others for these things. That doesn't mean I have to rely on the system for them, however. =]

I'm not completely sure what you are disputing, but I maintain that it is possible to be mostly self-sufficient as an individual or family, and entirely self-sufficient as a community. =D

Well spoken...thank you!

new topics

top topics

join