It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout on Huge Protest in Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

No they are not. The media in Mexico is controlled by the PRI party, with their new president elect. The protests that are going on are about the result of the recent elections and allegations of election fraud and vote rigging. The place is in uproar, and shows no signs of diminishing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

SO, by your own cheeky post, we have Reuters, Fox and MSNBC reporting on it as major news organizations, and the Reuters story is about miners affected by the strike. Forbes (are they still printing?) is not a major source for news. Then you have the rest.

Did you click on the "news" tag? Not even close to a "Media Blackout".

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Im glad to see you're all waking up to this now. I tried running a thread before all this started warning people of what was to come. it fell mostly on deaf ears, as is the case when people here try to present thing going on in Mexico, that doesn't involve border jumpers.

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The miners protest was IN MADRID - SPAIN.

NOT MEXICO!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

strange double post

edit on 12/7/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
You don't know what 'media blackout' means?
Media Blackout?

Looks covered to me.

edit on 11-7-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Final Fantasy boy to the rescue.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I watched the whole video and while I couldn't understand what they were chanting, the "Baaaaaaaahhhhhhh" sheep call at the end was Epic.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

The miners protest was IN MADRID - SPAIN.

NOT MEXICO!

nice catch. Furthers my point even more.

CJ

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd say the PRI party is trying to quell any dissent in mexico and it might be a blackout over there, but generally, American's don't care much about what happens outside America so many stations don't cover it. They are going to cover what makes them money. Heck, they wouldn't even cover the Arab Spring until it just blew up and American's were interested. It's going to be the same here.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

today I went and looked at some media sites regarding their coverage of these protests. Here are some results when typing in "Mexican Protest" in their search engines:

1) ABC - 0 stories
2) CBS - 1 Story
3) CNN - 0 stories
4) HuffPost - 0 stories
5) USA Today - 0 stories

Sure there are some that have stories, and there are many blogs with stories, but why are these big players ignoring it?

CJ

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Mexicans are much different than Americans in that they will band together and actually vote. They have changed the results here in the US by banding together on an issue. I hear the Chinese also have that sort of national mindset. They jump on bandwagons with a fervor.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
America, the only country that doesnt know how to protest.

I still cant believe you weiners went inside for the winter. Canadians didnt stop protesting in twice as cold weather.

Cmon guys, im actually on your side, but it takes millions not thousands, and they need to actually be willing to die for what they believe in.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Not a TOTAL media blackout -- but I never heard about this protest until I got on ATS.

I guess the Mexicans aren't going to sit still for having another "status quo business as usual" Presidente -- nor tolerate the rigging of their elections.

How can anyone imagine a country actually supporting a "Business friendly" candidate over one who would share the wealth with the people to start taxing the rich and building schools and bridges? Are their building codes and lack of infrastructure really getting in the way of everyone enjoying the "trickle down" of all these unfettered rich families?

I can't tell how massive this crowd is -- but in the USA -- we could sure use about 15 million people willing to protest the lack of economic justice here.

Good luck to them, and hopefully these people aren't blasted out of their protests by a government wanting to "preserve the peace." When most of your country is sick of you -- who's PEACE and SECURITY is the government really protecting?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by TsukiLunar

today I went and looked at some media sites regarding their coverage of these protests. Here are some results when typing in "Mexican Protest" in their search engines:

1) ABC - 0 stories
2) CBS - 1 Story
3) CNN - 0 stories
4) HuffPost - 0 stories
5) USA Today - 0 stories

Sure there are some that have stories, and there are many blogs with stories, but why are these big players ignoring it?

CJ

>> That sounds about like the coverage of Iceland's repatriation of their banking system and using bailout money for homeowners rather than the banks that ripped them off.

Let's compare this to the over 2000 times in two weeks people covered Howard Dean going "yee haw" and a political rally.

On a slow news day, a story about Mexican's revolting against their fascist government gets bumped by a local car repair mechanic who charged for a muffler he didn't replace. Wolf Blitzer is probably going to cover this as soon as the art department can make a 3D map and some anonymous tip tells them the protestors have nukes.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've seen this covered everywhere.

A "blackout" doesn't mean running other stories in addition to this one.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DukeOfDorch
I watched the whole video and while I couldn't understand what they were chanting, the "Baaaaaaaahhhhhhh" sheep call at the end was Epic.

You sir, are a very stupid person. If you don't have anything smart/productive to say, just don't say anything at all. Get informed.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The beheadings and the drug problems are DIRECTLY related to corruption in our government. We are never going to get rid of the drug problem with a corrupt government, that's part of the reason why people finally decided to protest.

For those saying that there really isn't a media blackout: This is apparently one of the BIGGEST protests EVER! in the history of Mexico, you would think by now the world would've heard about it since it has been going for about 10 days (it started right after the presidential elections took place on July 1st).
I live in Canada and none of my friends, except for Mexican ones, had heard about it until I mentioned it.

I was born and raised in Mexico, I lived there until I was 21, my facebook news feed is FULL with posts about the protests. Social networks are the medium by which people are getting organized to protest, they are trying REALLY hard to keep it a peaceful protest because there have been several attempts by people pretending to be part of the movement to incite people to do things that would give the government and the media a chance to create false reports about the protester's "bad behaviour" and defer the attention from the real issue. We all know how they play that game.

I must say I am ecstatic to see this is happening.

If you click HERE you will find a map of Mexico with images of all the protest going on around the country. Click on it to make it bigger.

I found this article. It's the best one I've found so far in english: Mexico' s presidential election is over, but "Mexican Summer" revolution could be beginning.

edit on 12-7-2012 by aaguedaa because: To add another link.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
They should be more pissed about the beheading's and drug cartel rather then corruption right now. Don't you think? Corruption would be 2nd on my list if they are trying to make a movement.

its a good thing you're not in charge then. think about it...

whose job is it to fight the drug cartels? to do something about the things you mentioned?

you have to find the source of the problem, not just treat the symptoms. as long as the cartels are pulling the strings of corrupt gov't officials nothing will ever change, things will only get worse.

edit on 12/7/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My 0.02. Someone called in on Coast last night about this- armed gunships and paramilitary thugs killing people enmasse, blowing up bridges and other stuff. Not good.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

You're mad! honestly if you think that the vote was not bought.

The PRI bough votes with pre-paid cards to Soriana. that like a very low grade supermarket. Even interview with Soriana workers have said that the week after the election was like Christmas week, all with Soriana card paid for by our new presidente.

Let alone the promise of free medicines as long as it is from the pharmacies run by the family

TRUE

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join