It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphene holes 'heal themselves'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This just keeps getting better
Graphene looks like it will become the wonder material of our lifetime

Graphene - the "wonder material" made of sheets of carbon just one atom thick - undergoes a self-reparing process to correct holes, researchers report. Graphene's outstanding mechanical strength and electronic properties make it a promising material for a wide range of future applications. But its almost ethereal thinness makes it easily damaged when working with it. The study, published in Nano Letters, suggests it can be repaired by simply exposing it to loose carbon atoms.

See morel here

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For more info on Graphene look at this great thread by Thermo Klein
great thread

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
sorry MODS
lucifuge beat me to it in Thermo Klein's thread .

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Amazing its more an more astounding every time a read an check on the progress on this substance. Fingers crossed that it gets used for the betterment of man but that is highly unlikely. S&F op Its good to see that this substance is not being forgotten about so easily by the masses. The future could be a lot brighter if this was implemented in the multitude of ways that has been shown it can benefit us. It is with out question that it will be used in more profitable ways before we see the betterment of man.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

I wish I could see an actual photo instead of drawings of the stuff. I hate when scientists do that to the public. They always show us a drawing and expect us to believe everything they say because they said it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by pillock

I wish I could see an actual photo instead of drawings of the stuff. I hate when scientists do that to the public. They always show us a drawing and expect us to believe everything they say because they said it.

I know what you mean , but I think this Technology could have so many military uses its a wonder that we have got a sniff of how it works.

top topics

join