It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Pitts Mom Gets Death Threats After Penning anti-Obama Letter to the Editor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
* That's the title of the article .. not my title.

So .. really America? Death threats against someone who wrote a letter to the newspaper simply because you disagree with them poltiically? I don't agree with Jane Pitts position, but I certainly don't think she deserves death threats because she has very conservative views and supports one candidate over the other.

The left says they are more tolerant than the right. But obviously many of them aren't. The right says they are more caring about people and their civil rights, but obviously many of them aren't. It's pretty darn disgusting how far many people in this country take to defending their left/right notions, when in fact they can't see the garbage their politican of choice is pumping out and they can't see their own vile destructive behavior .. like those sending death threats to a woman simply because she feels differently on issues than they do.

Rant or US Political Madness ... I'll let the mods figure out where this belongs.

Brad Pitts Mom Gets Death Threats After Penning anti-Obama Letter to the Editor

Last week, Brad Pitt’s mother Jane Pitt hit headlines after penning a response letter-to-the-editor of her local newspaper, Missouri’s Springfield News Leader, in which she advocated support for Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, referring to him as a “a family man with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality.”

“Any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney's opponent, Barack Hussein Obama – a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage,” she continued. “I hope all Christians give their vote prayerful consideration because voting is a sacred privilege and a serious responsibility.”

However, it seems the backlash surrounding Jane’s opinion has become so vehement that she has reportedly been “scared into silence.”

Also reported by these and others -
New York Post
MSNBC

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This has to be those darn rowdy tea partiers again.

Seriously people? You feel that threatened by an elderly womans opinion that you have to fire off death threats?

Maybe this will wake Mr Pitt up and he can start listening to his father-in-law.
edit on 11-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What did she expect? ANYONE who wrote a righteous, public letter criticizing marriage equality and freedom of choice is going to hear about it in this country.

People have the freedom to express their opinions and other people have the freedom to have and express opinions about them. I didn't see any actual death threats, but I don't doubt there were a few. She cut a pretty wide swath of criticism...

What a good "Christian" she is!

(I am not picking on you, FF. You just start the best threads!
)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
and other people have the freedom to have and express opinions about them.

I don't think a death threat is an 'opinion'. But being the mother of a major celeb, I'm sure she knew that her letter would gather more attention then the regular letter writer. Kinda sad commentary on how people in the world look to celebrity ...

What a good "Christian" she is!

Well ... Christianity and 'thou shalt not be gay even though you were born like that' go hand in hand.
So, yup. You are right. She's a 'good Christian'.

I am not picking on you, FF. You just start the best threads!

Some days at ATS are very slow and the boards are dull.
So I find strange stuff to get peoples blood up and wake up the place.
Everyone has their ATS schtick. I guess that's mine ...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You would be singing a completely different song if she wrote an anti-republican letter and republicans gave her death threats in my humble opinion.

Most lefties will defend this and all of them would say "Neanderthals, so violent bla bla bla" if the tables were turned.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You would be singing a completely different song if she wrote an anti-republican letter and republicans gave her death threats in my humble opinion.

No I wouldn't. In fact, I have done JUST the opposite. You're talking out of your ass. I will defend freedom of speech, no matter WHO is speaking. Even you.

Most lefties will defend this and all of them would say "Neanderthals, so violent bla bla bla" if the tables were turned.

I am not "most lefties".

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow. Makes one wonder about Mr. Pitt's politics if his mother is so conservative. I was talking to a screenwriter friend of mine a while ago and he said that there were a lot more conservative type people in Hollywood then most people realize, but they usually tend to keep their beliefs on the down low due to potential backlash--in a sort of McCarthyism in reverse sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If yer a leftie or a rightie, your a prime example of whats wrong with the system. And equally to blame for the mess this country is in.

What we need is a "in betweenie".

Lefties and righties have voted us into oblivion with the same useless tards that stay in office, become corrupt, and do nothing in their term other than destroy the foundation of this country as they shred the constitution a little more with popular public approval from the sheep.

When is both sides gonna learn? They don't give a rats ass about us? They don't care about you or your views. They are gonna say what they have to so they get elected........they don't care about you.

Let that sink in for a minute before you reply. If im wrong, then its only in your eyes.

Yours truely,

The unsilent majority

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ah yes, Democrats, the party of diversity and tolerance. The irony just drips off of this one. I wonder if Brad will stick up for his mommy.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Makes one wonder about Mr. Pitt's politics if his mother is so conservative.

I don't wonder about his politics at all:

1. He's not a politician. He's an actor and Hollywood star. Why should his politics matter?

2. Brad Pitt is known for supporting Democratic causes...

Source

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Makes one wonder about Mr. Pitt's politics if his mother is so conservative.

I don't wonder about his politics at all:

1. He's not a politician. He's an actor and Hollywood star. Why should his politics matter?

2. Brad Pitt is known for supporting Democratic causes...

Source

I agree that the politics of an actor should not matter. They produce a product and if I like the product I will buy a ticket or a DVD and if I do not like their work, I won't. My comment was one of simple idle curiosity, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Ah yes, Democrats, the party of diversity and tolerance. The irony just drips off of this one. I wonder if Brad will stick up for his mommy.

To further the point why would anyone attack anyone else for their point of view?

You're just proving the point for them.

If I should call someone out as being an asshole and that someone should beat me up does that make that someone suddenly not an asshole?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by jjkenobi

To further the point why would anyone attack anyone else for their point of view?

You're just proving the point for them.

If I should call someone out as being an asshole and that someone should beat me up does that make that someone suddenly not an asshole?

No, but if you spend all of your time talking about how tolerant you are and how intolerant the other guy is, you'd look like a hypocrite everytime you did something intolerant yourself. At least, I think that was Kenobi's point.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is the folly of Democrats and Republicans and why they need to be removed from our political system. Criminal gangsters will always behave like criminal gangsters no matter how nicely they dress up for the press.

You cannot keep voting Republicans and Democrats into office and expect any real change. We have had nothing but gangsters in office for the last fifty years. I do not understand why people cannot make the connection between our failing country and the shysters that have been in office for the last fifty years.

Democrats and Republicans have an AGENDA. That agenda does not include you and me.

Do America a big favor and quit voting Republicans and Democrats into office.

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten. BOHICA!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So .. really America? Death threats against someone who wrote a letter to the newspaper simply because you disagree with them poltiically? I don't agree with Jane Pitts position, but I certainly don't think she deserves death threats because she has very conservative views and supports one candidate over the other.

Sadly, it happens a lot. It doesn't matter what your politics are. There are intolerant lunatics all over the political spectrum. It's one of the reasons I won't write a letter to the editor. I don't need crazies making threats or vandalizing my house.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
This is the folly of Democrats and Republicans and why they need to be removed from our political system. Criminal gangsters will always behave like criminal gangsters no matter how nicely they dress up for the press.

You cannot keep voting Republicans and Democrats into office and expect any real change. We have had nothing but gangsters in office for the last fifty years. I do not understand why people cannot make the connection between our failing country and the shysters that have been in office for the last fifty years.

Democrats and Republicans have an AGENDA. That agenda does not include you and me.

Do America a big favor and quit voting Republicans and Democrats into office.

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten. BOHICA!!

riigghhttt.....i'll keep doing america a favor by voting for democrats...the people that vote for republicans are the ones saying that government doesn't work...if they don't think it works, why are republicans voting in the first place???

by the way...ron paul delegates are taking over the republican party state by state, so there is change coming, and the republicans should be more worried about them than any democrat.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sending her death threats because they disagree with her is why I can't believe that liberals are tolerant of other people. They are the most intolerant people in the entire world.

A disagreement is one thing, but death threats? Come on!

I'm really sick of this bs. I really wish it would stop. I'm so sick of people thinking that free speech applies only to them and their opinions and beliefs.

Liberals, if you claim tolerance you can't pick and choose who you want to be tolerance of. As long as a person isn't hurting someone or doing criminal acts, it's not okay to be intolerant of another person's belief just because they are different than you, and it's not okay to tell them to shut up just because you don't want to hear.

Morality must be applied equally across the board to everyone or it ceases to become morality and instead becomes special privileges and double standards.

But who cares? It's being right that matters,

I long for the day when there are no death threats just because a person had an unpopular opinion. True civilized people do not make death threats just because someone has an unpopular opinion. You counter unpopular opinions with reason, facts, and logic.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Her letter clearly shows her to be about as Christian as my bathroom sponge.

I would agree though, that death threats are not at all called for, and only divide us ever moreso.

Kill someone over that, really? Some people need their head examined. Even if they didn't mean it in the least. You don't start babbling things of that nature. It's beyond childish and never constructive.

edit on 11-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'll bet that it was conservatives that wrote the death threats just so they could rag on the liberals.

Agent provocateurs as it were. A well known ploy in American politics where we get the best government money can buy.
edit on 11-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I'll bet that it was conservatives that wrote the death threats just so they could rag on the liberals.

Agent provocateurs as it were. A well known ploy in American politics where we get the best government money can buy.
edit on 11-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

No it sounds like someone wants to divide the country further, and yall are playing right into it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join