It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax Proof!? Fluid Dynamics Expert Opinion Wanted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

..OK you must be.. Here is the original photo since you forgot what thread you are on..

That is NOT what is in the illustration. What is in the illustration is what we SHOULD see..

That is NOT what we see..

I think I smell stupid.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

at the very least willfully ignorant, and I have less tolerance for that than people who honestly don't know. What is your motto? Encourage Ignorance?
edit on 12-7-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That is NOT what is in the illustration. What is in the illustration is what we SHOULD see..

That is NOT what we see..

I think I smell stupid.

That is a still that captures differently formed parabolas at different times. Watch one of the videos, please. You can see how the Rover's wheels throw up arcs at intervals due to its bouncing. The arcs are parabolas. They do not disperse into dust clouds as they would in an atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's not a sound argument. You are saying that there is a parabola formed that arcs toward the direction of travel, which you just said does not happen. Which is it? I don't care if you add ten parabolas and bounce them all over there is still NO FORCE in the example provided that can cause a dust trail to produce an arc like that without an atmosphere interacting with it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That's not a sound argument. You are saying that there is a parabola formed that arcs toward the direction of travel, which you just said does not happen. Which is it? I don't care if you add ten parabolas and bounce them all over there is still NO FORCE in the example provided that can cause a dust trail to produce an arc like that without an atmosphere interacting with it.

Okay, let's start over again; I seem to have misunderstood the question. What you meant to ask is "Why does the dust churned up by the Rover appear to curl back towards the Rover towards the base of the arc?" This is an entirely different question.

What you think you are seeing is, in fact, a sort of optical illusion caused by the fractionation of the material being thrown up by the wheels. You are familiar with the equation F=ma, where force is considered to be the product of an object's mass and is acceleration. More useful here is the formula a=F/m; that is, given an equal force, more massive particles will be accelerated less than less massive ones. The practical upshot of this is that the dust that is accelerated by the Rover's wheels will spray out, with the heaver matter following a very short parabola, the mid-sized dust a higher and wider parabola, and the lightest dust arcing highest and widest. Your eye is following an artificial trajectory, seemingly linking the highest flying dust with the dust that has barely moved, and coming to the erroneous conclusion that the dust is following a path that curves in on itself. Each individual grain of dust follows a perfect parabola, but the overall mass appears to curve in. I can draw you a picture if you think it will help.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm convinced !

well done sir !

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by stevcolx

Have you ever thought about just how much power is needed to lift off the moon as compared to lifting off from earth.

With only @1/6 the gravity of earth, lunar lift-off could almost be done with bottle rockets by comparison.

The point being, it may not require enough power to raise dust to get off the moon.

You also have to remember the base of the lander is left behing so no direct thrust to the Moons surface when they leave!

jra

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Here's a link to a detailed explanation as to why their is no significant crater formed under the LM.

Lunar Module Blast Crater

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join