It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See the System of a Down frontman's politically charged clip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
www.rollingstone.com... pretty cool video from system of a down. I always have liked this band even though i heard they hate America don't know if it's true or not, but this is a pretty accurate description of what is going on right now. I wonder why musicians can "see" this stuff so well and try to inform the general public through it. Yet no one is paying attention.We work eat sleep and entertain ourselves everyday yet none of us are willing to do what is need to be done to make sure that 50 years from now anything will even be able to live in this growing garbage dump we are making of our only home. I wonder if Serj Tankian is a member of ats? well hope everyone enjoys.

edit on 11-7-2012 by buddybaney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sorry double post, plz delete this
edit on 11-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately I only can see a lyrics video.
Who said SOAD or Terj hate america? maybe they don't resonate with america's politics...
Anyway I love the music and lyrics and am waiting for a new album by soad.
So Serj has a new solo album? Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention!

You may also like this interview :

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

I have to say I find this song a lot better actually,

clearer message I reckon.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by easy12
Unfortunately I only can see a lyrics video.
Who said SOAD or Terj hate america? maybe they don't resonate with america's politics...

They've had more than a few persons tell them to go back to their own country if they hate America so much. Their music certainly reflects some of America's own population's thoughts, but music (in my mind) isn't really the best platform for political debate. Some of their songs are okay though!

This article comes with a language warning but it sums up how some persons feel: Something Awful article
edit on 11-7-2012 by Pinke because: youtube video edit out of quote

new topics

top topics

join