It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz - Swiss Bank Accounts and Foreign Drug Company Investments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Obama surrogate and DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been making the TV rounds complaining that Romney used to have a Swiss bank account. She called him 'secretive' blah blah blah for having had one. But it turns out that Schultz herself not only had a Swiss bank account, but also invested in foreign drug companies and in the country of India.

So once again we see the hypocrisy and the
that comes with politicians. Republican or democrat .. it doesn't matter. They are all the same. Why anyone believes ANYTHING that ANY OF THEM say is beyond me. :shk:

DNC Chair Debbie Wasswerman Schultz Swiss Bank Accounts

After spending days pounding on presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney for having a Swiss bank account, disclosure forms show that DNC boss Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had funds in a Swiss bank account at one time. The Weekly Standard reported Tuesday that the Florida Democrat also had investments in foreign drug companies and the state bank of India. "This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past," Daniel Halper wrote at the Weekly Standard.

Dem. Chair Invested in Swiss Banks, Foreign Drug Companies, and the State Bank of India

Disclosure forms reveal that Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a member of Congress from Florida, previously held funds with investments in Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India. This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past. ....

"The Julius Baer Group is the leading Swiss private banking group, focusing exclusively on the demands of sophisticated private clients, family offices and external asset managers from around the world," its website explains. "Bank Julius Baer is the principal operating company of the Julius Baer Group, with origins dating back to 1890. The rich Swiss heritage becomes manifest in the values for which the Bank stands, e.g. trustworthiness, accountability, discretion and expertise. However, at the same time Julius Baer is a modern, forward-looking company at the leading edge of a genuine growth industry."

Similarly, according to disclosure forms from 2004, Wasserman Schultz had holdings in the Fidelity Advisor Overseas Fund. That fund is invested in HSBC bank (a British financial institution), Hengdeli Holdings (a Hong Kong watch company), Novo Nordisk (a Danish drug company), Volkswagen (a German auto company), Rakuten (a Japanese shipping business), Richemont Cie Financiere (a Swiss luxury goods company), and many others.

Wasserman Schultz Invested in Swiss Banks, Foreign Drug Co.'s

Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz has criticized Mitt Romney's investments outside the U.S., including in Swiss banks.

But financial disclosure forms indicate the Florida congresswoman held funds with investments in Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India, reports The Weekly Standard.

"Americans need to ask themselves, why does an American businessman need a Swiss bank account and secretive investments like that?" said Wasserman Schultz, who has been one of President Barack Obama's attack surrogates as part of his campaign.. "Just something, a thought, that I'd like to leave folks with."

Yes Debbie ... why did YOU need a Swiss bank account ... and why did YOU invest in foreign drug companies and in the country of India?
Look .. if people want to invest their money in legal ways such as this, that's their right. But you are a HYPOCRITE to compain about the fact Romney had a Swiss bank account in the past, when you not only had a Swiss bank account but also invested in foreign drug companies and other countries. tsk tsk tsk ...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama surrogate

I keep seeing this used all over ATS for anyone that says anything not Republican. Each time I ask, I get no answer. What makes her an Obama surrogate?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Yes Debbie ... why did YOU need a Swiss bank account ...

Where does it say she had a Swiss bank account?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
you're right about them all being the same and hypocrites.Did she really think no one would notice or are all these politicians so full of themselves that they don't worry what the voter thinks?same story with the three main parties here.hypocrisy seems to be a common trait amongst them all.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Obama surrogate

I keep seeing this used all over ATS for anyone that says anything not Republican. Each time I ask, I get no answer. What makes her an Obama surrogate?

Both the Republicans and Democrats have surrogates. This is NOT just a democrat thing, but rather is a political thing. Obama and Romney have people who go around to the news channels shilling for them. Those shills are surrogates. For example ... Debbie Wasserman Schultz for Obama. Jason Chavetz for Romney . etc etc

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The title of this thread is a lie. And FF, you almost ALWAYS use the exact title and make a point of stating so... This time you made up your own title... Hmmm...

Here's the actual title.

Hypocrisy: DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had foreign investments

Oh! Because even the Examiner won't spout that lie. She never had a Swiss Bank Account. She invested in a 401K! How many of us have done that? How many of us have "foreign investments" and "money in foreign banks" because we invest in a retirement account?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Where does it say she had a Swiss bank account?

read the articles.
News Article

disclosure forms show that DNC boss Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had funds in a Swiss bank account at one time

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The title of this thread is a lie.

Um ... no. It's a conglomeration of the titles from the three articles posted.
The article specifically states Swiss Bank Account ... and another article discuss' 401Ks

Now if you wish to pull apart the news articles and try to show them to be false .. go right ahead.
But the fact is that she had foreign investments .. and she's out there shilling for Obama and
complaining about Romney having foreign investments/bank accounts.

It's HYPOCRISY. Pure HYPOCRISY.
Democrat or republican. They are all the same.
You (*generic you) can't believe anything that any of them say.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

disclosure forms show that DNC boss Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had funds in a Swiss bank account at one time. The Weekly Standard reported Tuesday that the Florida Democrat also had investments in foreign drug companies and the state bank of India. "This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past," Daniel Halper wrote at the Weekly Standard.

Lets play spot the BS...

One person that is not running for President had a 401K. That 401k invested in a foriegn drug company and other foriegn investments, just like most other 401ks.

The other person is running for President and has literally opened up off-shore companies and personal bank accoutns in switzerland...and refuses to talk about it or disclose the specifics.

Anyone able to tell the difference?
edit on 11-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Republican or democrat .. it doesn't matter. They are all the same. Why anyone believes ANYTHING that ANY OF THEM say is beyond me.

Funny how you say this...but you only focus on making threads about Democrats and Liberals.

Plus...not only do you just focus making threads on them...you make up complete lies about them.

I guess you are part of the problem...huh??? :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The title of this thread is a lie. And FF, you almost ALWAYS use the exact title and make a point of stating so... This time you made up your own title... Hmmm...

Here's the actual title.

Hypocrisy: DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had foreign investments

Oh! Because even the Examiner won't spout that lie. She never had a Swiss Bank Account. She invested in a 401K! How many of us have done that? How many of us have "foreign investments" and "money in foreign banks" because we invest in a retirement account?

Of course it is a lie....did you expect anything else?

I hardly have to read the threads anymoer to spot lies...just the title and the OP...just from that information you can usually guess the "source" they are using and that the title of the thread is a complete lie.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
you only focus on making threads about Democrats and Liberals.

Not true. It just happens that Obama and his ilk are in the white house now.
You'll find plenty of complaints about Romney strewn throughout my posts.

you make up complete lies about them.

Again ... Not true.

You can't dispute the facts about when the democrats are exposed as being just as bad as the republicans so you lie about me. Typical partisan bunk

edit on 7-11-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You can't dispute the facts about when the democrats are exposed as being just as bad as the republicans

It's been disputed over and over in this thread...you just aren't honest enough to admit your thread is complete garbage.

She has a 401k..she doesn't control the investments of those...none of us do who have a 401k. She never had a "Swiss Bank Account".

You are doing what you do...attempting to spread lies and false information.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Obama surrogate

Both the Republicans and Democrats have surrogates. This is NOT just a democrat thing, but rather is a political thing. Obama and Romney have people who go around to the news channels shilling for them. Those shills are surrogates. For example ... Debbie Wasserman Schultz for Obama. Jason Chavetz for Romney . etc etc

I know what a political surrogate is. I asked because on ATS, anyone that says anything near a microphone that sounds anything remotely close to liberal has been labeled and Obama surrogate so I was asking you to specify what made her one.

I thought I was clear the first time.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

read the articles.
News Article

disclosure forms show that DNC boss Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had funds in a Swiss bank account at one time

And it does not say she had a Swiss bank account.
So...why did you ask me to read twice something you seemed not to read once yet?

Do you not know the difference between having a bank account and having funds in a bank account?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I was asking you to specify what made her one.

She's the head of the DNC and an Obama shill machine.
Just like Reince Priebus is the head of the RNC and a Romney shill machine.
Both are surrogates for their party's top respective choices.

I thought I was clear the first time.

I thought you didn't know what one was. That's just the way I read it.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
She has a 401k..she doesn't control the investments of those...none of us do who have a 401k. She never had a "Swiss Bank Account".

The title of the article said 'Swiss Bank Account'. That's where the title of this thread came from. Side note - And yet on this ATS thread, the liberals took Romney to task claiming that because he had an investment in a company that later (after he invested) made money in the medical waste business, Romney was therefore making money on abortions. Something he had no control over and yet he was a 'liar' etc etc ... But Democrat Schultz gets off without being a liar or partisan ... etc etc ... interesting hypocrisy.

The fact is that she was invested overseas and in foreign drug companies. And yet she turned around and complained about Romney doing the same thing. The truth is .. BOTH of them were invested overseas. But Schultz tried to make it partisan.

You are doing what you do...attempting to spread lies and false information.

I feel sorry for you partisan people ... I really do.

edit on 7/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Debbie Wasserman Schultz also had funds in a Swiss bank account at one time

So where is the lie?

Besides Schultz's.

What about investing in American companies eh?

Anyone who believes the left is better than the right is delusional because no matter how many times the left tries to take moral high ground on any topic they do not have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

She's the head of the DNC and an Obama shill machine.
Just like Reince Priebus is the head of the RNC and a Romney shill machine.
Both are surrogates for their party's top respective choices.

OK, cool.

I thought you didn't know what one was. That's just the way I read it.

That makes no sense. I never asked what one was.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So where is the lie?

In the title. Shulz does NOT HAVE A SWISS BANK ACCOUNT.
You do understand that saying someone has something that they do not is what the lie is, right?

Besides Schultz's.

What did she lie about?

What companies is she invested in that you specifically have a problem with? My 401k includes many American companies with money overseas.

Anyone who believes the left is better than the right is delusional because no matter how many times the left tries to take moral high ground on any topic they do not have a leg to stand on.

But it is not the left that runs around holding onto bibles claiming to be the moral high ground.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So where is the lie?

Besides Schultz's.

She didn't invest in any companies. We're talking about her 401K here, Neo.
Do you really not see the difference? Or are you just folding your arms and refusing to?
Most employers don't even understand the daily workings of a given 401k. It's basically an autopilot situation where one hopes for the best.
Ms Schultz did not, however, take 10 million of her own dollars, created through outsourcing, and send it to Switzerland to be shielded under all sorts of legal protection.
edit on 11-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join