It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported in China's Heilongjiang, Multiple Witnesses - Picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Heres a pretty good UFO sighting from Heilongjang Province China. Apparently there were about a dozen witnesses and one snapped the picture below. What do you all make of this?

UFO sighting in China

An unidentified flying object was spotted Sunday at Phoenix Mountain, a tourist resort in Wuchang, Heilongjiang Province.

The object, resembling the space lab Tiangong-1, appeared at 3:42 pm in the air and soon disappeared. A dozen people, including several tourists, witnessed the object. Five tourists called police to report the sighting.

Wu Chunyan, a photographer snapped the object when seeing the unusual scene. So far there is no confirmation whether this is some kind of aircraft or natural phenomenon. The 1,690-meter high Phoenix Mountain is a national forest park. A UFO spotting was also reported here in 1994.

-Anathema

edit on 7/11/2012 by anathema777 because: edit image link

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The first thing that popped in to my head when i saw it was.... lens flare. I cant really see it being anything else in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think so to

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

For me, it looks like an insect near to the camera.
Photographed with flash. That's why it's so bright.

Similar to this, for example:

But this doesn't explain the eyewitnesses...mmhh
edit on 11.7.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moohide
The first thing that popped in to my head when i saw it was.... lens flare. I cant really see it being anything else in my opinion.

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
I think so to

This goes to prove that noone reads anything in here

Wu Chunyan, a photographer snapped the object when seeing the unusual scene

he saw something then he photographed it......................

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lens flare?
....really?
are you sure you don't mean a venus-gas lantern?

the motion blur in this is what sells it for me
lAudio knows the story didn't do it -_-
interesting the way the bottom... err... protusion.... is far more blurred than the rest
as if it is perhaps rotating?
far far far too little information to know anything about it
though with any luck maybe some more will come to light...
til then it is intriguing, but sadly nothing really new.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Looks like bug to me.

Its possible the photo and the sighting are unrelated. I wouldn't put it past people to hoax a photo to sell on the back of a real sighting which wasn't photographed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
So, it was seen by 12 people including 5 tourists yet only 1 photo of the 'object'. There should be more photos.

"5 tourists rang the police", so why didnt the tour guide or a local do it, as they saw it and know the area/langauge. and could explain better and in more detail.

"Wu Chunyan, a photographer snapped the object when seeing the unusual scene", which means it was in the air for enough time for him to see it, grab his camera, line it up AND take a photo.

There should be more photos and witness accounts than we see. Is there a police report?

I stick with my original thought, its a lens flare

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Im just gonna go ahead and reply to multiple posts all at once.

Originally posted by grobi77

For me, it looks like an insect near to the camera.
Photographed with flash. That's why it's so bright.

Similar to this, for example:

But this doesn't explain the eyewitnesses...mmhh

Originally posted by justwokeup
Looks like bug to me.

Its possible the photo and the sighting are unrelated. I wouldn't put it past people to hoax a photo to sell on the back of a real sighting which wasn't photographed.

Heres my take on the matter...
I believe this is a very credible UFO sighting for many reasons.

For one there are at least 12 different people that saw an object flying above the mountain.

Secondly, 5 of the 12 witnesses are tourists that actually called the police to report the sighting which tells me they must have saw more then a *Cough* Lense Flare or Bug *Cough*.

Third, it was described as looking like China's Space Lab Tiangong-1 which again tells me these people saw an actual craft of unknown origin. 12 individuals that saw a UFO and then actually described it as looking like China's Tiangong-1 Space Lab is a very specific description. To me this just adds credibility to the sighting because it tells me they got a good enough look at it to be able to make the connection that the UFO looks like the Space Lab.

Fourth, the picture was taken by an actual photographer. I would like to think that someone who is a professional at taking pictures and makes their living off of doing so can tell the difference between a bug, a lense flare (which if that were the case would mean hes taking a picture of nothingness) and a UFO.

Finally all these reasons combined lend quite a bit of credibility to this sighting. Also The witnesses are a combination of locals and tourists so for me that rules out the possibility of a hoax as they seem to have nothing to gain from coming forward with this information/sighting.

My final conclusion...
These people witnessed something very unusual flying in the sky over China of either Military, Private or Extraterrestrial Origin.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So, it was seen by 12 people including 5 tourists yet only 1 photo of the 'object'. There should be more photos.

"5 tourists rang the police", so why didnt the tour guide or a local do it, as they saw it and know the area/langauge. and could explain better and in more detail.

"Wu Chunyan, a photographer snapped the object when seeing the unusual scene", which means it was in the air for enough time for him to see it, grab his camera, line it up AND take a photo.

There should be more photos and witness accounts than we see. Is there a police report?

I stick with my original thought, its a lens flare

The guy is a photographer. Who is to say he didn't have the camera around his neck? There is nothing strange or unlikely about him seeing the object and then simply taking a picture. From the story it sounds like the sighting lasted at least 10 - 20 seconds or more. I say this because they had enough time to identify it as being an Unknown Flying Craft and to be able snd identify it as resembling the Tiangong-1 Space Lab. This would permit even an amateur photographer ample time to take at least one picture.

If this is your reasoning for deeming it a hoax or unlikely I would try and come up with something better than there should have been more pictures and more witnesses. There could be plenty more witnesses, they may not wish to come forward for fear of ridicule. After all they do live in a Communist State. People there tend to watch what they say and for good reason!

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Multiple witnesses at resort. Not a lense flare. The psychopathic LOGIC of the one on assignment or the one who has too played too many video games. The human witnesses are the only part that matters, as any pictures will not do justice to the siting, if taken. They just back up something was there. But humans are seen as nothing, to the sociopathic mind.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The problem is its a short report and a picture that looks like an out of focus insect in flight , the sectioned body at the back gives the game away for me .
Here's a similar picture of a mosquito .

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That is so not a lens flare! lol
Cant really see ut being a big either.
My first thoughts were bright experimental helicopter thingy.
Strange how bright it is.

If it wasnt for the eye witnesses this would be sure call hoax.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
My final conclusion...
These people witnessed something very unusual flying in the sky over China of either Military, Private or Extraterrestrial Origin.

-Anathema

Well we have been told there were multiple witnesses, one of them a photographer and some of them called the police, we are not presented with any evidence confirming this. We are presented with a photo, which as others have said, may be unrelated to the alleged sighting.

This is a very short story, with little detail (I tried googling the photographers name, no luck) and I don't think there's much to go on at the moment. Already we have sites like the examiner repeating the story and adding their own spin.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It looks like a bug flying close to the lens, and giving a strong reflection from the Sun.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It looks exactly like what you get when an underground missile is launched from a silo. You have the vertical shaft of smoke going through the glowing smoke donut.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777

Heres a pretty good UFO sighting from Heilongjang Province China. Apparently there were about a dozen witnesses and one snapped the picture below. What do you all make of this?

UFO sighting in China

An unidentified flying object was spotted Sunday at Phoenix Mountain, a tourist resort in Wuchang, Heilongjiang Province.

The object, resembling the space lab Tiangong-1, appeared at 3:42 pm in the air and soon disappeared. A dozen people, including several tourists, witnessed the object. Five tourists called police to report the sighting.

Wu Chunyan, a photographer snapped the object when seeing the unusual scene. So far there is no confirmation whether this is some kind of aircraft or natural phenomenon. The 1,690-meter high Phoenix Mountain is a national forest park. A UFO spotting was also reported here in 1994.

-Anathema

edit on 7/11/2012 by anathema777 because: edit image link

The image to the link said, "no such source" pic wasn't on the page, but I think you have your answers.

-SAP-
edit on 11-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with the bug flyby. You can make out lines around its abdomen and part of its furry antennae brow between its eyes. Either a wasp or a horsefly. This is the second time I've seen a ufo story coming out of China with an unrelated photo accompanying it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

well they reported them again, with more new pics.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Another pic of a moth in the grass compared to the ufo? Not sure what that's supposed to achieve.
edit on 16-7-2012 by FlySolo because: oops, moth, not month

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join