It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
There has become way too many consequences in America.

And way too many people fear consequences.

It is the reason to why people wont act to change the government.

How many of you fear consequences?

How many of you fear consequences sometimes?

And how many of you do not fear consequences?

What do you think about more and more people making consequences for every action in America?

If it weren't for consequences, do you think people would act against the crooked government? I think they would.
edit on 11-7-2012 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I disagree entirely to be honest. Many problems in society are caused by people not realising there are consequences to their actions. People always bleat about their "rights" but you do not get a "rights" without responsibilities.

Responsibilities go hand in hand with consequences.

For example, tax cheats. It is everyone's responsibility to pay taxes. Those that cheat have the possible consequence of jail and the societal consequence of less cash to pay for things (such as refuse collection, etc).

Consequences are an important part of all life. It is also the word my toddler hears most at the moment! "Are you sure you want draw on the wall? There will be consequences" (usually followed by thinking face and then the decision to do it anyway!).

Still, despite disagreeing, S & F anyway as this could be a very good thread.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There are both good and bad consequences out there. The intimidation of taking action is one reason it is a challenge. You've got to plan it all out before making decisions or else a bad consequence will be found. It takes much effort.

Once a decision is confirmed and done, that person's life is going to change. Are they sure of what they have done to be beneficial?

So what if a person decides to do something they think has to be done but do not think things through? We are not sure what will become of it but if the consequences are not good, then others will see just what can happen if they decide to take action. To hear about it makes us fear and fear immobilizes us.

I can say it is just not the right time for me to act. I fear too much and must find that courage inside of me to make a difference. There are too many bad consequences....and so we've got to find a way to change that to generate eager confidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's consequences that are stopping people from revolting. I think it's more of a "don't rock the boat" mentality. People seem to think that they're better off not knowing whats happening. Willful ignorance. On average, I repost ATS threads to my facebook about 4 times a week. Mostly related to our rights being stripped, etc. On average, 1 person replies to every 8th repost I make, and it's usually the same couple of people who share similar viewpoints of the world as me.

Myself, I'm perfectly aware of the consequences of my actions, now that I've grown a bit. 5 years ago I was a hell spawn of illegal and harmful activities. After I got caught and punished, my mind opened to the realm of consequence. Now, each decision I make is carefully weighted in the interest of my future and my families future.

All that said, I'm not entirely sure we peons have what it takes to overthrow tyranny anymore. Technology has given the edge to the people with the money, and the people with the money are quickly becoming enemy #1. It's all too easy to push a button and drop some napalm from a drone. How can the average citizen protect themselves from that? Anyone who believes that retribution against civilians would be soldiers knocking on your door, you're crazy. Consequences aren't the problem, the problem is a lack of sufficient means to achieve the goals we need to achieve.

Don't get me wrong, something needs to be done. The problem is, a collective few thousand people with some poster board and markers aren't going to end the problem. The problem, unfortunately, needs to be ended with force. I haven't been fortunate enough to find someone with a surefire plan yet.
edit on 11-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join