It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUYA....Sony and Microsoft console dominance is about to get truly smashed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just checked the site, they now have over 5 Million in "investments" donated.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
When is a new next gen console coming out? I haven't been keeping up with current events in the console department. Xbox 360 and PS3 games are beginning to look "dated" compared to the latest PC games running on high end SLI multiple core high speed systems.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Oh damn, those people got F'd bigtime. I can go to youtube right now and it will show me how to play Sony 3 games from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on my tv even with the ps3 controller. hahah that dude just got a FAT paycheck and he has to do f all.

The ability to create your own games might be a big thing here, especially if there's easy ways to learn. It could create a whole new generation of games developers so it might be one of the keys to this in the end. I know it seems like I keep trying to find new reasons to support this, but I just have a huge feeling it'll work so I'll keep arguing for it unless I'm proven wrong!

And yeah I think several people are focusing too much on what has the best graphics or most powerful chips to run on, I don't think that matters at all with this. It's the ability for good developers to create games without all the usual hassle, and new developers (any one of us can make games on this if we have the know how or learn.) being able to create games, so we should start seeing completely new levels of originality, the types of things that the money makers are too scared of taking the risk on.
edit on 23-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I could just but a Wii-mote or a PS3 controller and pick it up on my phone (G2x) to play games.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
See, If game developers for Console continue their 4 player split screen they wouldn't have a lower sale rate unlike Wii.

Game developers are destroying Microsoft and Sony(Sony being worst). But, how about Wii U?

Too bad they have to keep making those #ty Rock band games that no one every likes. Get real and start doing 4 play split screen. Bring them back for racing games, etc. 2 isn't fking enough.
People say split screen can destroy horror games, which is true, but if it is done right both people can get scared.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I was reading about this the other day abd it does sound goof but all it is is games are from Glu mobile which makes game for mobile phones, so if you think this will dominate the over xbox360 and PS3 your out of your mind son.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

That's pretty cool, but besides the fact that anybody can develop for it, it seems average, no? With Microsoft and Sony, you get years of experience and refinement of designs. The new Xbox and PlayStation will put all consoles to shame.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by makemap

Why would you want to play split-screen when we have ze internet? I can understand with Wii, but dedicated gamers, I think, would prefer online, or at minimum, LAN.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join