It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$50,535. (approx.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hi.

So this has probably been done before most things have but I'm going to do it again. If it has been done and if you feel the need then I guess remove it or whatever I'll get over it.

I have a hard time interpreting large numbers like $15,867,919,000,000 www.usdebtclock.org... for example.
So I decided to do a little math which I usually avoid at all costs that’s what computers are for.

I wanted to know how much more we as good loyal Americans would all have to chip in to take care of the national debt problem.

Well the current U.S. population is about 314,000,000.www.census.gov...

I used these numbers:

Debt = $15,868,000,000,000

Population = 314,000,000

This is what I came up with….

Total for every man woman and child = $50,535 give or take a few dollars. That is a lot of money.

It’s going to take me awhile. Maybe I can get a loan.

edit on 11-7-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How about we just work on getting the corporations that have tax rates as low as ZERO, to pay up what they should...

Maybe than we would put a chip in this deficit.

Oh wait they use all their money saved on not paying taxes to pay for lobbyist who take our congress people to nice lunches and throw fundraisers for them...

Funny how that works.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscoutTotal for every man woman and child = $50,535 give or take a few dollars. That is a lot of money.

Why should I pay it? I didn't spend it.
The bankstera and their pet politicians did. They threw the worlds biggest party (to which we were not invited) and sent us the bill to pay.
We are not obligated to pay a debt that we do not owe.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

So I decided to do a little math which I usually avoid at all costs that’s what computers are for.

Why didnt you just use the number at usdebtclock.org?
Right next to the 15.8 trillion dollar number.

The more scary number is after recalling that MOST Americans arent revenue earning taxpayers, and its only the ones that have jobs that can pay the way out...
Are you a taxpayer? If yes, you now owe $139,275.00

Face reality, the country is doomed. Get out if you can.

edit on 11-7-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Its not really that much if you think about it...

If every single person paid 1 dollar per day, it would only take 138.45 years to pay it off

Or maybe it is pretty bad... yeah horrible actually

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I wanted to know how much more we as good loyal Americans would all have to chip in to take care of the national debt problem.

Well the current U.S. population is about 314,000,000.www.census.gov...

I used these numbers:

Debt = $15,868,000,000,000

Population = 314,000,000

This is what I came up with….

Total for every man woman and child = $50,535

Not bad. You did pretty good. However, if you had looked at the two values to the right of the debt, the debt per citizen and the debt per taxpayer are displayed there.

I suppose a good way to check your work or a way to see what the computer has already computed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
How about we just work on getting the corporations that have tax rates as low as ZERO, to pay up what they should...

Oh wait they use all their money saved on not paying taxes to pay for lobbyist who take our congress people to nice lunches and throw fundraisers for them...

Funny how that works.

Yeah, you got those and you also have the ones who buy a shiny new passport for another country then dump their US citizenship.
Those ones should be hunted down and placed in gitmo until their back taxes are paid.
Financial terrorists.
Heck and while were at it we can seize the corporations accounts and get them paid off, just like the Gumment would do to you and I.
Only pay the bottom percentage of workers salaries, no managerial or ceo types get paid until the debt is paid in full.
Such a simple idea I think, I also think it is deliberate that these folks get away with what they do...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Except that the interest on our debt has now exceeded $8 billion per day. Add to that the over $1 billion annual deficit. Of course, this equals "we're screwed".

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Which one, specifically, would that be?

Secondly, which tax deductions do you voluntarily choose to decline? Who made those deductions available and defined who is eligible?

Deficit or debt. Two entirely different things. But, neither will become manageable until the federal government (all of them, Ds and Rs alike) stop spending money we don't have.

edit on 11-7-2012 by WTFover because: BB code error

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

thats less than the yearly pay, before taxes, of most americans. This including the working man. I make that base, a year. 60 - taxes & fees = 30k or less + cost of living = -???k

new topics

top topics

join