It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the GOVERNMENT HIDE the bodies of US SOLDIERS KILLED in IRAQ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Could the government hide the bodies of US soldiers killed in Iraq? Could someone write letters on behalf of these soldiers and the bodies be secretly kept in refrigerators somewhere?

I am just wondering if this is technically possible. Any comment on this?

If yes, what is the way out? Another war?

[edit on 10/7/04 by WisdomMaster]

[edit on 10/7/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, certainly anything is possible. But who's going to be doing this covering up? Other soldiers. And someone woulda opened their mouth by now.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why??

There are too many things that would need to be "fixed". Letters, phonecalls, webcasts, emails, all that would become an almost impossibility. Too much personal information would be involved. Then if they succeed in getting past the above mentioned forms of communication, and the war is coming to an end (even though it IS technically) the soldier would need to be sent home. How would that go about? You cant fake that somebody is alive when there body is really hidden somewhere and then ahve them show up at home. What Im saying is, why hide the bodies when they would find out sooner or later? Then theyd be dead either way.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There could be events in which a number of soldiers have been killed biut obviously it's not convenient to inform the American people when we are close to the elections.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
There could be events in which a number of soldiers have been killed biut obviously it's not convenient to inform the American people when we are close to the elections.

Well, Bush woudl be screwed when the truth did come out, regardless of whether he wins or not. It's hard enough for the government to make one person 'disappear', hundreds would be quite the feat.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well there was a report some months ago about 5,000 US & British soldiers being frozen in a warehouse in cyprus, this even made the Al-arabiyah news channel... also from what the resistance are reporting, the backdoor draft, the no of disabilities filed for, it seems the Pentagon is lying big time.... one other thing is that there seems to be at least 5,000 Greencard soldiers, so when they die... they dont get reported either...

One thing for sure is the way the casualties are counted... eg
IED explodes hitting a humvee, 1 soldier dies, and 1 critical.. Pentagon admits the 1 soldier, and says the other wounded.. but if that soldier dies say 2 hours later.. he isnt counted...

It seems the only way to find out for sure is to get the military families to co-ordinate and tally up the figures..

But the other thing is the MIA's... that isnt mentioned at all, and i'm sure theres a significant no there also...

My own estimate, is that the truth of actual soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan is at least 5,000, I wouldnt put it past the pentagon to only admit 5-10%

Wounded would have to be somewhere between 20-30,000

In other words the US is getting its butt kicked in Iraq..

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoisit1998

My own estimate, is that the truth of actual soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan is at least 5,000, I wouldnt put it past the pentagon to only admit 5-10%

In other words the US is getting its butt kicked in Iraq..

Well all I can say is "That isnt even close. THey couldnt hide something like this. As for getting the butts kicked, well you believe what you want but you are wrong, they could do better if the politicans would stay out of it. But in my mind the Soldiers are kicking ass, less than 1200 in a place the size of California in 18+ months? They would have more dead in LA alone.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well there was a report some months ago about 5,000 US & British soldiers being frozen in a warehouse in cyprus, this even made the Al-arabiyah news channel... also from what the resistance are reporting, the backdoor draft, the no of disabilities filed for, it seems the Pentagon is lying big time.... one other thing is that there seems to be at least 5,000 Greencard soldiers, so when they die... they dont get reported either...

Um yeah right, please remove your head from your A$$.

This is just getting more ridiculous, so your saying roughly 30% of the US forces in Iraq are casualties. Some people it seems are just dense.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Um yeah right, please remove your head from your A$$.

Some people it seems are just dense.

I didnt know we could say that, but SPOT ON!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the government doesn�t need to hide bodies in order to mislead people about the casualty numbers. They can come up with just about any number and since they are the only ones counting there is no way to prove them wrong. And as for the families, if 1.000 soldiers get killed and the government says it�s 100, they will just assume that their loved one is one of the 100 and that will be the end of it.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by transient]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
One Question : Why are the US running out of soldiers then????

If things were going as well as they said, they wouldnt be -:

1. Having soldiers do 2 rounds of service, with only 2 - 3 weeks break
2. Wouldnt be forcing soldiers to stay on the service (backdoor draft)
3. Having problems with Soldiers going AWOL cos they dont want to go back to the hell of Iraq..

If you want a better picture of what is truly happening check out

www.jihadunspun.com
www.albasrah.net
iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

According to the veterans organisation over 20,000 soldiers have filed for "permanent disability" benefits..

I feel sorry for the kids that are dying over there, its not their fault, and also because of their kevlar vests, its reducing the death rate, but they come back without a leg,foot, eye, hand, etc, etc

You should just face it, THE US IS losing BIG time, and they will "cut and run" soon...

IN september over 2400 attacks alone, and only 80 dead, (yeah right)

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

One Question : Why are the US running out of soldiers then????

Well maybe the fast downsizing of the 90's has caught up with us.

We are not running out, we are just spread to thin, lets pull out of Germany and South Korea, japan, and bring em home and let the monies be spent here...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
whoisit, just look at your sources, need I say more. They ae hardly reporting the war impartially. It's funny how people believe this extremist propaganda as though it's the truth and everything the US government says is a lie. Try and push past your preconvieved ideas and think just a tiny bit more.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It's funny how people believe this extremist propaganda as though it's the truth and everything the US government says is a lie.

It's funny how people believe this US government as though it's the truth and everything the extremist propaganda says is a lie.

It goes both ways

Misfit

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

It's funny how people believe this extremist propaganda as though it's the truth and everything the US government says is a lie.

It's funny how people believe this US government as though it's the truth and everything the extremist propaganda says is a lie.

It goes both ways

Misfit

Please, surely you can do better than that. Like you said extremist propaganda.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I just copy/pasted man..............foreign news agencies, whatever ya want to call it. It was simple enuff to read into my concept.

There are two sides to everything. Including reports of what is happening in a war. It was just a simple of a statement as yours was.

Why is it that the US gov reports should be taken as truth bar none, especially considering its long running history of deception?

Misfit

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I agree with Misfit, lets see, they only lie about "EVERYTHING!!!!!"

I know the resistance maybe fluffing the reports a bit, but what they report doesnt seem too much, i mean the no of attacks are definitely correct.. thats been admitted.. eg 2400 in September alone...

so even the resistance arent reporting all the attacks... but you'd have to think that an IED exploding under a hummer, is gonna kill at least one of the 3 soldiers that ride in it.. and when they get a bradley, that would get at least 3 or 4... the true figures are probably somewhere in between, which is why I was estimating 5K KIA and over 20K wounded...

also it seems that battle at the airport... the one where a whole lot of soldiers died during the last days of the war, at this link

www.geocities.com...

Also Rumsfeld is already talking about withdrawal, add to that the battles in Fallujah, which they couldnt take.. Najaf, which they couldnt take..
They say they have taken Samarra but it seems either they have 30 or 70% of it.. so even 5000 soldiers not enough to take a town like Samarra
its clear that they are losing...

Its that simple

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is Bush a good leader?

[edit on 10/29/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
Is Bush is an hypocrite & charlatan?

Im going to say....look it up. Go research for yourself. From what Iv seen of your posts you are to influenced by what a few members say and what you hear from colleagues and friends and family. Go Google a few things that you wanna know about. Look for some news articles that talk about what you want to know about. Dont just ask something that you will get many different answers on from people of different beliefs, go make your own beliefs instead of just following what others say.

top topics

join