It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

common sense: how to beat the tea party in a battle of wits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
lol how to beat the tea party in a fight of wits

no tax rises are the catch phrase of the tea party,
well common sense trumps teaparty propaganda everytime

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
as with everything in politics somewhere in the middle lays the truth.

the death of compromise is going to be the death of America.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

when tax proaganda back fires
the tea party cant tell sense from propaganda anymore
lol

people are getting it though

xp

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
am i understanding correctly that you guys are pro-taxes?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

no just pro common sense,
SOME taxes are required for a fully functioning society

no taxes at ALL costs is stupid thinking

xp

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I understand that in order for Americans to keep their entitlement programs, keep all the infrastructure we so enjoy, taxes need to be paid in some form.

I also understand that my desire to live tax free, does not follow the current system, and baring MAJOR reform boarding on a complete overhaul of things like the FED and IRS we can not have the system I would want.

The system is to partisan, with to many people in the game, for any one to come in and create this magical no tax life we want...

I understand that Compromise of my wants is the very essence of Civilized socitity, I am not so entitled that I believe what I want is good enough for all.

I understand that we have this system as it is, not as my ideology would want it to be, and in order to move it toward what I would want, would at the very least require compromise.

The problem is you have 30% of elligible voters voting, these people are the people who are motivated to do so, either because they have a horse in the game, or that they are SO angry they finally moved to do something.

People like the Extreme Right, the Extreme Left, The polarization of these two sides will lead to the down fall of America.

We have a system where we send representatives to congress to do nothing, simply based on the fact the wrong party is in power.

They adopt the view of not my guy? than we will block everything he does.

A Society can not function with out Compromise.

Hence, the Death of Compromise in American politics will lead to the grinding halt of the wheels of progress.

Wouldn't you know it, that seems to have already happened.

It is boiling down of very complex issues in America, to such a simplistic narrative as this that is part of the problem. It leads to people thinking in simplistic terms that do not match the reality of the situation and leads to easy manipulation by the manipulators when ever they need to sell something to the general populous.
edit on 11-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

exactly its like quitting your job expecting a paycheck to still show up.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

ok, you tell me when I am taxed enough, right now 48% of my check goes to taxes, federal and state, 13% goes to 401k and health insurance. That leaves 39% of my check for living expenses.
How much more do you think I should pay so that others can have free stuff?

edit on 11-7-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

technically your 401k and Health insurance are not taxes...

You get benefits from your own 401k, again this is the simplistic thinking they want from us.

Perhaps your tax burden would be less, if we held companies that ship our manufacturing base over seas, and end up with record profits while paying negative tax rates.

Since when is anything in life so simple? it is only in politics that they try to make such simplistic statements to the people.

Try running your own personal life with sound bite information they spoon feed you, it will not work.
edit on 11-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Do you seriously think I don't know 401k and health insurance are not taxes?
I mentioned them so you realize how little is left of my check to live off.
now, please tell me, how much more than 48% percent taxes should I pay so others who do not bother to work or educate themselves so that they may find more adequate employment, can have free cell phones and other free stuff?

edit on 11-7-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It's a tough position to be in that's for sure. When parasites in a society feel entitled to your hard earned money it's enough to make you want to "go postal". What has happened here in Canada is many people are now "self employed" in name only and are "contracted" by companies to do work rather than actually being employed on that companies payroll. This allows for huge amounts of "under the table" or off the books type of work where cash is king and the greedy government never see's one penny of it, neither do the entitlement parasites.
I would say 50% of my income is via this method and it has allowed me to actually grow my business and put away for an early retirement.

Making your income transparent to a greedy government and society is not difficult.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

See that's the problem. Taxes aren't a completely bad thing as long as you know where it's going. See, I would feel GOOD about paying taxes for a library because I use mine weekly. The Tea Partiers there were obviously complete idiots. Maybe they should just issue library cards to everyone that opts out (or in) to that particular tax. That way the Tea Partiers couldn't use the library. That would be swell.

The tea party didn't start off bad the problem came when the Tea Party super stars came along and changed what it was about. So instead of intelligent people you have a bunch of idiot TPers that think that all taxes are the same and should be done away with. That's what happens when you boil down and idea. You dumb it down for dumb people and then you have a mess on your hands.

The Tea Party started out as a good thing. Unfortunately it was co-opted.

My only real problem is the income tax. The income tax should be illegal.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

nothing is as simple as black and white,
no taxes means no services means no society

a balence is required

not no taxes at ALL COSTS

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

See that's the thing... The system is broken period. And no one will bother to compromise, how bout this, at what tax rate would you stop bitching about taxes?

I'll tell you mine, it's zero, but than that requires change that will never happen.

So instead of compromise that might start down the road to repairing the system you get the stick fingers in ears and say nah nah nah until the next party gets to power.

You deal with the system you have, not the one you imagine in your head, otherwise we end up where we are now.

Way to focus on the petty leaches of society you know the poor, and not the aholes corporations that pay nothing while destroying the economy and middle class by the way.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Maybe you don't understand that 100% of all income tax goes to criminal international banksters to pay ONLY THE INTEREST ACCRUED on the debt notes they create out of nothing by usurping the money powers which are specifically reserved to Congress by the Constitution.

But I know most people don't want to get too real, they just want to play the game. Carry on I suppose...
edit on 11-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

It warms my heart every time the tea party floods money into local elections and loose. They do not represent America, they represent a very small minority with massive amounts of cash. There vision of America doesn't include the majority of us.

There obstructionist form of ideology will be the end of America if they are allowed to continue.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
reply to post by XPLodER

Maybe you don't understand that 100% of all income tax goes to criminal international banksters to pay ONLY THE INTEREST ACCRUED on the debt notes they create out of nothing by usurping the money powers which are specifically reserved to Congress by the Constitution.

But I know most people don't want to get too real, they just want to play the game. Carry on I suppose...
edit on 11-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

Funny how a huge group of Americans got together to protest these same bankers, oh but the tea party didn't show up!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Funny how a huge group of Americans got together to protest these same bankers, oh but the tea party didn't show up!!!!

How exactly is that funny?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Why in the world would you people want to feed the government greed? They are too stupid to make a trillions per year income work? I think they already get too much and need to figure out how to do more with less.

The Tea Party is here to stay thankfully.
edit on 11-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well, if you are even close to 50% tax bracket, you sir already make more than enough, which means your complaints are based off of pure unadulterated greed. You have plenty, but still want more, which has led us to this spot in the road, where the greedy gonna have to come off of the golden goose, the starving serf masses ( most of which don't pay any taxes, since tey are already at or below the poverty level, taking money from hem would cruel and unusual punishment.) Can eat more than once a day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join