It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Ron Paul Smear Campaign...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sometimes when I get bored I google Ron Paul on MSM sources just for kicks, this is what I found five minutes ago....

slander calling RP an antisemite

Talk about taking a comment out of context and running with it!
edit on 10-7-2012 by DarthAwesome because: link failed first time

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthAwesome

Read that again. It's an attempt to draw votes away from the Republicans and likely sanctioned by the Democrats themselves. What better way to continue the divide and conquer campaign than to try and split the Party. Don't be fooled, it's not about Ron Paul, it's about dividing Obama opponents.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

They still say he is anti Israel and say he is anti semitic. It does not matter the context slander is still slander.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yes and what are you going to do about it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

One editorial is hardly a "campaign." You said you were looking on mainstream media, yet you found this on Huffington? How can they be considered mainstream?

I've read the article twice. I can't find "anti-semite" anywhere in it. Did you?

What did they say about Ron Paul that was clearly false?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Anti Isreal? God what a garbage hit piece.

So refusing to fight Israel's wars (independent self preservation being the whole reason they ILLEGALLY produced their own nuclear arsenal) for them is anti Israel? Refusing to dole out billions to a country while we are teetering on depression is anti Israel? The agenda and bias is pretty clear here.
Ron Paul is the sensible choice BECAUSE he doesn't want us funding every country with our tax dollars and going into a new war every few years.

I was going to post my above comments on the site, but you have to give huffington post too much in return.
Anyone with an extra hotmail account they dont mind Hpo having, feel free to speak for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
David A. Harris
President and CEO, National Jewish Democratic Council

Gee, I wonder why he would bash Paul, by calling him anti-isreal and a radical multiple times? Another moron that holds isreal above all else. His whole career has been centered around isreal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthAwesome

They still say he is anti Israel and say he is anti semitic. It does not matter the context slander is still slander.

I saw the lie about him being anti Israel, but where s the part about him being an anti semite?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Eh.. I didn't see those words, but it was definitely implied. If he could have gotten away with it, he would have said it, but there is no way he could without being answered. The point of these type of stories are to say as much as possible without getting a reply so you can keep cranking them out.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

One editorial is hardly a "campaign." You said you were looking on mainstream media, yet you found this on Huffington? How can they be considered mainstream?

I've read the article twice. I can't find "anti-semite" anywhere in it. Did you?

What did they say about Ron Paul that was clearly false?

Over the last few months, anti-Israel Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) has been making a serious impact within the Republican Party.

Taken from the very first line of the article.
Learn to readificate more harder.

I don't think Dr. Paul is anti israel but he is probably anti "true" terrorism.
As we all know, real terrorism comes from Washington and the terrorist state of israel.
This may be what Dr. Paul is attempting to fix.
He certainly has never said anything anti semitic and I'd ask for proof from any claimants.
I myself am not anti semitic, I just don't like terrorist regimes.
We could do away with all terrorists and still have many semites.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Pretty lofty accusation there since Ron Paul is practically a non-issue at this point.

Why can't Paul just run as an independent and convince Kucinich to run as his VP? It would unite both parties (at least the common sense parts) and show the country that both are not "kooks" as the media has portrayed them!

Balance is the key here, people.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Just the fact that this news article is about how a small foreign country is being impacted by our presidential race, lends even less credibility to it. What is the big deal? If it were about ANY domestic issue, just pick one, then it would be way more important. Our country is a mess because of our entanglements with countries like Israel. Our government spends too much, shakes too many hands, and makes too many deals. We need to cut the apron strings and start worrying about our own sovereignty instead of buying Israelis sovereignty in exchange for their security. The only person I can see even addressing this issue and putting it to bed is Ron Paul. If every country picked up their own mess and cleaned out their own closet, then the whole house would be clean by now. If our government didn't pick favorites when it comes to religion, believing that Israel is gods chosen people and using our tax dollars to help them because of it, then our ability to remain objective would be sound. Yet another reason why government is too big.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OMG!!! You guys act like the media can't ever say anything bad about a republican!!!!

WOW! Seriously? I mean look at how much heat every single republican has ever gotten from the MSM! I actually think they could/should be doing much more worse things to Mitt Romney, than the lies they are spreading now. But, seriously, don't get your panties in a bunch when the media does something that you don't like.

You do realize what site THIS is and what site THAT is right? The Huff Post has never been kind to us republicans. Ron Paul ain't no exception there. Granted most of the MSM know that he is a do-nothing, non issues dude. But still this whole thing should be put in the rant section

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, Ron Paul fans get their feelings hurt mighty easily.

You people are lucky Paul was never a serious threat. I really doubt his followers could have withstood the massive criticism he would have received if he was a real contender.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It is really intresting that the anti Paulbots and theMSM have been saying for months, That Paul is unelectable, hes to old,he hasn't won a state primary, he doesn't have the delegates and Even though Dr. Paul has stop actively campaigning , the attacks continue ( and weak ones at that). Why ? And why is Nebraska hiring outside security for the states GOP convention, when it has NEVER hired any security before ? Is there a problem ?
There is nothing wrong with defending another persons honour , when you trust and believe in them.
Sorry Ron Paul is not Anti- Israel he is PRO AMERICAN ! And if you don't like it, it is america... and you can leave any time you like.
edit on 12-7-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

Darthawesome read your link and the replys at the bottom of the link seems most people that responded didn't buy the story either.
edit on 12-7-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join