It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme weather: Get ready to see more of it, scientists say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Extreme weather: Get ready to see more of it, scientists say

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A map of significant climate events for the United States in June looks almost apocalyptic: hellish heat, ferocious fires and severe storms leaving people injured, homeless and even dead.
That followed a warm winter and early season droughts. News came Monday that the mainland United States experienced its warmest 12 months since the dawn of record-keeping in 1895.
And on Tuesday, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) released a report calling 2011 a year of extreme
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I live in MN and it's been hot since the start of summer and it really hasn't let up. It's been 90+ degrees for sometime now, may be four weeks or more. We have got little rain as well making matters worse.

I know that most of the U.S has had heat problems lately and it seems that it isn't going to let up.

The four classes of extremes -- high heat, heavy precipitation and floods, duration and intensity of droughts and extremes related to higher sea levels -- have changed in the last 50 years, Field said.
"Increasingly, we are loading the dice towards these very damaging kinds of extremes," he said.
But that's not to say every weather event is related to warming temperatures.

This article isn't saying it's "global warming" but we all can see that this is happening, and it has been for over 50 years now. The Earth, as well as the Sun, have been going through changes. I am not claiming 2012 or anything of the sort, just saying that things are getting hotter and it seems they will continue too as time progresses.

-Didn't see this posted yet and I am sorry if it is in the wrong forum-

-SAP-

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ahhh you beat me to it Ben! Darn you!

Mods please close. Thank you!

(Thought I searched it and nothing came up
)

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Ben81

Ahhh you beat me to it Ben! Darn you!

Mods please close. Thank you!

(Thought I searched it and nothing came up
)

-SAP-

lol i make the same reaction when it happen to me

search engine should be have more place to show the results
edit on 7/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I may have over looked it too. Oh well I thought it was a great article though and wanted to share it.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm in Minnesota, too, and... holy cats! Last week was a bit of a bummer, let's hope it carries over to January, eh?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I wouldn't be complaining about that.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by adjensen

I wouldn't be complaining about that.

-SAP-

Your other avatar was really nice
why did you change ? .. this one is freakyish

looks like a mutated beaver

edit on 7/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That's actually a very large cat named Red 13 from a game called Final Fantasy 7. I am just trying out a couple different things right now. Agarta modified them for me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am going back to the other one though.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Now, who is to blame. The sun's activity peak or HAARP..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCuriousKid

Thats a good question you pose. I was trying to link up all of the recent extreme weather events with the possibility that some of them could have been created deliberately eg (HARP) etc. But most don't seem to think that way. Most people just presume its the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, yeah right, I don't think so. Take a look at my thread if you like.

Weather Warfare

I'm going to add some more links to it and expand on the theory a bit more, see what happens.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
[Never Mind]

edit on 13-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am truly in awe of the MSM, a few years ago they were saying things like, "we don't even know if global warming is real." Or "If global warming happens it wont be until decades from now." and now they are saying things like "Global warming is real folks, get used to it!"

I live in central Louisiana and I can tell you that the weather here has been hot and dry for the past few years. Way more so than normal. It used to rain here for days, sometimes weeks on end. Now we are constantly in a state of drought. You can really tell if you walk out in the woods and every creek or ditch you come across is bone dry. I've maybe cut my grass twice this year so far and both times has been like stirring up a dustbowl.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If you go to CNN US edition now, you will see this little snippet.

Scorching heat in Northwest hurts crops

With cooling temperatures in the South and Midwest, national attention has shifted to Arizona and California, where temperatures are well above 100. And the blistering heat has farmers fearful of losing their crops. FULL STORY | You believe in global warming now?

You believe in global warming now?

Is that a threat that there will be worse if you don't believe yet? What is the story there?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just think, this is not the hottest summer we have had in AZ.

Was worse in 92 or 93. Honestly this is normal weather for us so not sure what the issue is.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm sad to inform people that the world is not going to end in 2012 and we will have to put up with the consequences of our neglect to the planet's health for a long time to come. No spirit reality jumps are possible and haven't been for the past two years. Time to pay the piper.
Are my horns starting to show?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

new topics

top topics

join