It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Card shotgun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A shutgun thats the size of the credit card!

"They are very effective at five to 10 feet. They're absolutely useless at 20 feet"

Its meant for seld defence only, but with its size I bet you could get on plane without getting gaught with it.

credit gun

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
it works on metal detectors so you wouldnt be able to get it onto a plane

"Koscielski conceded that gun opponents are likely to criticize the new devices. But he said they're legal, will set off metal detectors and are readily identifiable."

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
it works on metal detectors so you wouldnt be able to get it onto a plane

"Koscielski conceded that gun opponents are likely to criticize the new devices. But he said they're legal, will set off metal detectors and are readily identifiable."

I'm not an opponent, i like guns. If you put this thing in your carry on bag, it will go threw the scanner and I bet they will think its a camera, they definatly wont think GUN.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They'll probably check anyway.. they can see the barrel with the X-ray because the less dense parts react differently.

Stuff like this has been around for quite some time (small weaponry). I've seen wrist watch guns even, but I can't remember where.

The chemistry teacher I had last year at Oklahoma State University developed a chemical that neutrilized nearly any explosive. It is a vivid blue liquid that changes colors when it reacts. He was developing small strips that will be rubbed on suspect items and people, they'll change color to indicate even minor exposure to explosives so weapons/bombs can be found much more easily than you'd think. At least, they will be once it gets manufactured.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I'm not an opponent, i like guns. If you put this thing in your carry on bag, it will go threw the scanner and I bet they will think its a camera, they definatly wont think GUN.

Come on now. You're starting to sound a bit like you might want to try this. Although the credit-card sized shotgun is neat. Be neat for store clerks or cab drivers.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Come on now. You're starting to sound a bit like you might want to try this. Although the credit-card sized shotgun is neat. Be neat for store clerks or cab drivers.

Nah, just look at my location, and that alone should tell you I like guns because I hunt (pheasants & Deer & not humans
)

But yeah I think this would be good for those people who get robbed alot.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you can get away with it, more power to ya... and who cares if someone did bring one on a plane? You only have two hands, and more than likely you would only get one shot... a pea shooter like that wont have any penetrating power on something solid... Those air martials would have you in a federal pen so fast make your head spin! If someone does get it on the plane, it ought to be obvious to everyone that it is not going to be usefull for anything. I doubt you would make it...

Last christmas the airports decided it was too risky to let anyone board with fruitcake, it was too dense for the scanners to penetrate it...
They will probably stop allowing pocket change on airplanes, as some people i know can throw a quarter so hard that it will bruise you if not break the skin. Anything that can be used as a weapon, will be used as a weapon, so let the potential victims be able to defend themselves in an emergency.

A shutgun thats the size of the credit card!

"They are very effective at five to 10 feet. They're absolutely useless at 20 feet"

Its meant for seld defence only, but with its size I bet you could get on plane without getting gaught with it.

credit gun

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That thing just fires bunch of .177 caliber BBs. Thats not going to drop anyone. Plus the thing is muzzleloading thats a real pain in the neck. The thing looks like a bad design shape for a weapon its not going to feel good in your hand. Its a novel design but I would never put my self defense in something like that.

You can buy derringer that shoots a .410 shotgun round. Thats a real shotgun round that will have a buckshot that will drop a person. There are many designs now that look like everyday objects but fire a 9mm bullet. One is a cell phone another a flashlight these are basically zip guns. Im not sure how legal these are though.

I would suggest a proven derringer any day.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree that it would not likely kill someone, but it could be used as a deterant maybe.

If someone threatened you with a knife I am sure if you fired that at them they would run. It has to hurt alot and I am sure it COULD imcapacitate someone if fired in the face.

Even if someone was threatening me, I would rather hurt them and make them run, than killing them.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If someone wants to kill you a face full of BBs is not going to stop them only lethal force will. You will never see police use something like this as a less-lethal option there are already much safer things to use such as pepper spray and tazers.

If you shot someone in the face with a bunch of BBs you could blind somone for life. As a less-lethal weapon this is no good, and as a lethal weapon its a joke. If you want a less-lethal option get a tazer or pepper spray if you want a lethal option get a handgun.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
buy a derringer in 41 mag and load it with .410 buckshot rounds.

top topics

join