It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather: Get Ready to See More of it, Scientists say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Ben81

Star and flag.

You may find the posts and links in this thread interesting:

The Pattern Of Disastrous Weather And Extreme Swings: Will It Get Worse In 2012?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn right .. look at this

Are we safe from the sun? Solar flares keep on getting stronger - with latest hotspot the size of 15 Earths strung together

The sun is a tempestuous mistress - and her outbursts are becoming more and more violent as the weeks go on.
NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory spotted the summer's first 'X' solar flare on Friday - a huge outburst from the sun right at the top of the scale.
This came on the back of 12 'M' flares in just six days, with a M6.1 flare knocking out radio signals across the planet on Thursday - hinting at the destruction the sun could reign on our technology if Earth takes a full blast across its blow.
The sunspot group behind the flares - named as AR1515 - stretches across 118,681 miles (191,000km) of the sun's surface.
This makes it's width more than 15 Earths set end to end, said NASA solar astrophysicist C. Alex Young.

You can fit 15 Earths in there: The solar flare AR1515 in close-up

that why its so hot these days
felt my skin boiling a few day ago.. same sensation when i put my hands in the oven at 400
when its time take out the chicken

i speak about it in the End of Times thread (see my sig)
edit on 7/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yet Australia is having an unusually cold winter ... could this be a pole shift thing?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Yet Australia is having an unusually cold winter ... could this be a pole shift thing?

It sure look like but they will not tell you until its to late
the government probably know where it is the saffest

I have think of a theory .. the trumpet sounds are perhaps a warning
coming from who ? alien or earth itself with deep cavity
meaning it could be a natural alarm to being prophecied in the bible
the trumpet of judgment day ..

What if each places that have heard those trumpet sounds
are the worst place to be in the near futur

They surely sound like alarms
and what alarm normaly tell you ?
to run away from this place asap

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I am thinking it very well could be a pole shift of some kind. I think there was a thread on ATS stating the Earth has shifted several meters over the past 50-60 years. IF that is the case then it links up with the article.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
how many other times have we heard this nonesense.

I'm glAd to hear they come out and say this after the fact we are
in a cycle of bad weather... these idiots can't predict the rain and morons
on here take this likes its worth a #
'

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpanelgranny

'

You can do better then this on your first post on ATS

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't buy it.
Every year, somewhere in the world, someone is having extreme weather.
Few years back we had an extreme heat wave over here in France- killed 70,000 people!
How come y'all didn't proclaim that apocalyptic global change?
This year? The weather has been amazingly wonderful! We had a winter without extreme temps, and now we have this wonderful warm sunny days, but with a cooling breeze, and a pressure releiving rain in the evening- it is ideal as far as I am concerned.

There's always some extreme weather going on somewhere and I find it funny that the american media always paints things as if "what is happening to us is happening to the world! We ARE the world."

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpanelgranny

'

yeah I agree granny

3000+ records broken re weather in the US in July already. This is just normal. hmmmmmm Have you taken your dementia pills today? Wake up

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As some have pointed out it's not all about US in that some of us are drowning in a sea of water rather than baking in the heat. It is not normal weather variation ffs. Or at least it's not normal for within the last 100 years or so. Things are changing within our lifetimes. Seasons are changing, weather events are getting more extreme, we are getting an unprecedented number of weather records broken.
I think Piers Corbyn of Weather Action has it spot on
www.weatheraction.com...
People in US and Europe might care to follow the links to see what is in store for them!

Here in UK the recent flooding was about surface water drainage as much as rivers overflowing. Authorities need to be doing some serious work on the poorly maintained drains and getting better contingency plans in place.
If I were moving house in the near future, drainage and flooding risk would now be the most important consideration.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
The mass animal death that keep happening for 2 yrs is explained

The extreme weather disolve the oxygen levels

Hot Weather Sends Thousands of Fish to Their Graves

Fish are showing up dead by the thousands on shores across the United States. Scientists say high temperatures leading to low dissolved oxygen levels and excessive microscopic algae bloom are the likely causes of some 6,000 gizzard shad and 600 adult white perch deaths in Delaware.

Surface water testing showed dissolved oxygen levels low enough to be lethal to fish in Delaware’s Silver Lake. “As long as these conditions persist, there’s a chance of more fish kills in Delaware,” said John Clark, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) Fisheries Section administrator, in an interview with NBC.

“Aggravating this summertime problem, increased temperatures lead to warmer water, which holds less dissolved oxygen. So seeing more fish kills this year as the heat continues would come as no surprise.”

and birds are completely desoriented by the heat and magnetic changes of earth
since their internal map is now disturbed.. they fly full contact directly on the ground

So far the Pole shift theory can be ruled out
it would explain a lot
and during a pole shift .. earth shield are weak and can protect us from the sun
so we see a completely unstable weather
extreme heat in the US and Extreme rain in Russia

Hate to break it to you but pretty much since the industrial revolution there have been a lot of animals going extinct. It's not just cause of crazy weather. It's cause of arrogant humans destroying Eco-systems and habitats

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Solar Fare activity tends to be cyclical. There have been some fairly large ones but nothing that has not happened before. The Sun does have the ability to wipe out all life on Earth...but it would take events much...much larger than what has been happening.

Just be glad we have a Magnetic Field surrounding the planet. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've noticed something STRANGE...this year. I noticed that the sun used to sweep across the pacific, ....throughout the year, at a slow steady pace...like this:. Pretend Jan is the 1st point, where the sun would set; then February is the second point; then March the 3rd...so on and so forth. When it reached point 8, it would sweep back towards point 1 again. It was a slow transition, from point 1 to point 8. Again, this happened gradually, throughout the year. Catch my drift?

Well, this year ( a full year from this day)....the sun moved from point 1 to point 8, a lot faster than normally, and it's kinda been STUCK at point 8, for about 2 months now. It SEEMS LIKE it hasn't MOVED. It's been setting at point 8, a lot longer than usual. Not sure what that means, but it's just my observation.

Also, wasn't there some kind of Zodiac change, that happened last year, i believe? I also read somewhere, a while back...something regarding the sun, and the equator. Something about there being some kind of shift? Not the magnetic poles....but another kind of shift? Anyone know what i'm talking about?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Very good thread you have here. I think its pretty worrying but when it comes to the causes of severe weather I am a bit sceptical of global warming / climate change. What I believe is that some may be natural, but most is caused by humans on purpose, not by our carbon dioxide emissions alone but also through HARP and other weather warfare methods. Yeah I put in a link there to my own thread lol, but I take it seriously.

As one person once stated

It's an interesting question: could weather modification, as a weapon, be used to bring a global population to it's knees?

My answer to that would be yes, it would be a great way to bring the global population to its knees in order to implement a new world order with new, clean energy solutions. Along with a new money system and all the other good (sarcasm) stuff a NWO brings and they could blame it all on carbon dioxide.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Also, wasn't there some kind of Zodiac change, that happened last year, i believe? I also read somewhere, a while back...something regarding the sun, and the equator. Something about there being some kind of shift? Not the magnetic poles....but another kind of shift? Anyone know what i'm talking about?

There's some people who believe we are moving into the Age of Aquarius (ironic, with rising sea levels and all). I haven't heard anything about the sun and the equator.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ithinktherefore

I don't know if I buy into that whole idea of changing "ages" or "demensional" states as some have called it. If this is true I would like some factual information stating it has happened in the past...

I understand the prehistoric times with dinosaurs and the ice age, with the coming of mammals. That hardly proves a new age. The event that took out the dinos changed Earth's balance. The Sun didn't or anything like that. So I remain skeptical.

-SAP-
edit on 11-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I can handle warmer winters, but the heat this summer is unbearable! I feel bad for roofers.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Yeah roofers and guys doing black top or working for the state on the hiways. It would burn me alive.

-SAP-
edit on 11-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While it has been a warm year it is not unprecedented in known history, only in the last 100 years or so.

It was much warmer in the midievel period, Greenland had large farms and it actually was green.

This is a normal climate pattern, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
People evil enough to play financial terrorism are probably evil enough to play weather terrorism as well.

HAARP! Pollution. Excessive deforestation. Maybe natural cycle.

Who knows...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey Op :-) i was wondering if you have watched the long lecture slash video Susan Rennison has made about space weather and how its effecting is here on earth? I tried to link it for you but sadly i have no idea how to do it from this i phone.... Sorry.

Check it out on youtube when you have two hours to devote because you will indeed want to take notes and follow up with the links and or info she provides. She says in the lecture to research it yourself that everything she says is true!

The video is called " mindblowing what nasa and the esa dont want you to know" and again click on the one thats over two hours long. I have watched it four times now and find it very informative and spot on.

Space weather effects us and even more so in todays time and once you watch the video let me knpw your thoughts. Thanks :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join