It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brilliant article black holed on the internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've come across several readings in the last ten years that grabbed me even more than the things we read/discuss hear that have just been disappeared from the web. One was something I read here that was MIB'd (404'd)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another was a piece I'm not sure if I can paste into this thread in its entirety. If you can't find who wrote it and you can no longer get any hits by searching for the name of the article or even copying a sentence and searching by that can I put the entire thing in here? Here is the beginning

Invisible Walls of Containment
An inherent question always arises from those who have awakened: How can one not see or realize the magnitude of the situation that we are presently in? I, just as others, have tried intensely and passionately to try to inspire the masses, but we can't seem to fully understand why they would rather blind themselves to the truth. This absurdity has driven us truth seekers to mere frustration. My observations though have brought me to try to explain the motives of the lackadaisical beings that walk among us every day. "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure." Distraction - The masses are caught up in meaningless ideals and behaviors that just seeps them deeper into bondage. These occupying notions could be physical outward perception, invisible climbing of social hierarchy, obsessions with fraudulent role models, condoning dramatic emotional conflicts, needed worldly acceptance, and/or limited feeling of stability. This participation in a system with a minimal success rate can be similar to the motivations for playing the lotto. Losing is inevitable, but if attained, the ends justify the means. Sadly, though, this lust is impossible for attainment. Fear - A weakened barrier only held up by myths and hearsay that contains herds in brittle, crumbled walls. They are so suppressed by these fairytale ideals that they would rather play within the walls, even if that means having the worst of living conditions with limited consciousness to interact with. They would rather stay stagnant than glance at a path of infinite potential. Since most make this eerie conservative choice, they believe their choice is the correct one. If leaving the prison is recognized as an option, the thoughts of others hinder them to stay in the cell longer.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just my opinion of course. About the "brilliant".

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

In short, the problem is best explained by two words from the field of psychology: cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance is forcing a person to do something he does not believe in creates dissonance. In effect, the person lies to himself to survive intact.

Man who finds himself in many different situations, is motivated to maintain a consistent set of beliefs throughout them all. This tendency to remain consistent is one of the major factors controlling the crystallization of beliefs, attitudes, and opinions. When (true) circumstances threaten to create inconsistency (in false patterns), cognitive dissonance automatically results and man finds some (even illogical) way to reduce it.

I will add that cognitive dissonance unknowingly eats away at the prime structures that hold a person and even a nation proud and upright. It is a stretch, I suppose, but I suggest that the dawning realizatiion and constantly coming evidence for other life out there among the stars is eating away, diseasing the spirit of mankind. But I would argue that need not be with better a formulation of personal and national "beliefs, attitudes, and opinons."

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its also because being human does not mean that we still don't have a herd mentality. Like sheep in a pen we will follow each other without even realizing it.

Things that i think are crazy

40hr wrk week
money in a complex system such as ours
driving and traffic
commericals
the mentally disturbed governing the population
religion
old folks homes

just a few things off the top my head

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Well put.

The point of this thread though was not so much the content of the article (s) but how they can just disappear. With all the modern and even older algorithms everything has been cached in countless places. So I guess it's just coincidence the most thought provoking ones vanish.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes it does suck when we try to go back to a source and found the link not working or some other error.

As for inspiring people, keep in mind how mad and angry you were when you found out you were being lied to on such a long scale. Some people just can't believe that we would be lied to on such a large scale about so many things. Many of us have been raised to believe these things, like recycling being good for the earth. Growing up we learned the importance of recycling but it's just a bunch of bs to get more $$
Penn & Teller: Recycling is bs

When my boyfriend started telling me the truth about the state of the world and all the lies we have been told, I didn't want to believe him cause it just seemed to nuts. Then I started to see what he was talking about with my own eyes and I was like "oh sheot, he was right."
edit on 10-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: video link didn't work

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It all comes down to the rigidity of thought that holds so many people.

much like the cognitive dissonance mentioned above.

Its why break throughs can come from surprising places.

People are so set in their ways they can not for the life of them think fluidly when face with situations, they fall back on what they know.

Despite the obviousness of the failings in doing such by outside observers, for those face with the problem they never see it.

But someone out side watching them might.

Anyone whose ever managed people can tell you this, you see it daily, rigidity of thought, in-ability to innovate outside their set experiences.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Does not ring a bell, but you should get an external hard drive and safe all the things you want to reference later as it can disappear from the web. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Figured I'd share the rest.

Dependency - A universal set belief system is manufactured that this world is the way it will remain. This thought process is almost as moronic as the earth once being called flat. This life of slavitude is all they have ever known and if one questions this they are immediately shunned. This abusive relationship with the oppressor has manipulated one to believe over time the pain will dissipate but in reality it becomes worse. Since the abuse has gone on for so long, the servant believes that change can't come from something that affects so many others. This fragmented idea, that it has to get worse before it gets better, only prolongs the heartache.

Demoralization - An awareness of evil and tyranny is perceived all around them, but they feel even though it's presently within reach, it doesn't affect them on a personal level, so it's irrelevant. Of course, though, a common mistake since the rule enscripted within the realm of existence is doing onto others as you want done onto you. An empty safety net is spun with the premise that those horrid things in other places could happen but never here simply because of our history. Those, however, forget that evil is a gradual process of diversion.

Apathy - Some are simply intentionally avoiding the situation as-a-whole. Their method is that of see or hears no evil, and then there is no evil. A foolish tactic for the fact another species, being the ostrich, tries a similar maneuver to evade its predators. The ostrich would stick its head in the ground while being pursued, thinking that its unawareness would save it. Of course though, this is far from reality. The ostrich is more vulnerable in that position than being aware and in turn being able to be prepared.

Distortion - Although some are aware of the prison they inhabit daily, they feel overwhelmed to see the reflection of their environment. Instead of acting on facts, a mindset sets in that if they point out half the universal evil but still don't cross that designated line, they are doing a service to the world. This tactic though, does the opposite, it simply divides people within a paradigm of politics and helps maintain a routine state of different slave masters with the same whips. This confusion restrains them from fully revealing the question so the real solution can't be found; only fragments of the answer appear with more questions.

Feebleness - A common misconception from the masses is brought forth after realizing the prison they live amongst. An intimidating factor of being incapable of changing anything is sprung from a mentality of having insufficient tools, non-secular influence, and singularity of self. This outlook is a mere mirage though, since the only real type of people that has ever shifted this world is that of the minority of both sides of the aisle.

Insignificance - An unwillingness to let go of past aspirations blinds the masses from seeing the bars. A sense of accomplishment is elusive, for the sanctity of achievement was tainted by the lies inhabiting the choices made. Instead of accepting this and rejoicing for new goals of purity, they would rather sit in the burning house of lies and make the best of an inescapable situation.

Obligation - A task of the highest regard that involves no means of profit or personal gain. If they see the prison for themselves they must tell others about the containment. This occupation involves the harshest of pains on all levels but at the same time seeing it’s necessary. Most would rather go to their physical jobs because of the quick satisfaction and acceptance. They forget to see that if they just gave a little they'd get more back in the end. The struggle may be hard but it’s so simple.

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."

new topics

top topics

join