It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Ark been some sort of Capacitor?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think there is only one case where someone was killed after they touched the ark. The death stroke could have been by electrocution.

You will have to realize that he never actually touched the gold plating on the ark. The container was wrapped in a blue colored seal skin cloth. The metal should have been insulated by the cloth. However, this thought is blown out the water if the voltage became high enough to arc across the cloth.

They had to open the arc periodically to put some items inside. When it was first made the 10 commandments were put in it. Likely no charge was present on the ark when they put them in. There would have been a problem removing the cover when putting Aaron's staff that grew flowers into the ark. Maybe someone could did up that specific scripture to see what procedures were performed to open the lid. Did someone ground the ark with gold cloth.

Remember you have to take off your shoes when you enter the holy places. Also, the cerimonial garb is interlaced with gold metalic strands. If the high priest so much as got a few inches from it he would have been zapped by a pretty good arc.

Lets say it was charged all the time. The only time it was safe to be around it is when the charge is being redirected. When the high priest was to come in on atonement day the Most Holy chamber would light up. A spirit creature would be diverting the voltage so that the high priest would not be shocked.

I don't really believe it was a giant capacitor but I added my comments as if it was possible.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There are differances between Batterys and Capacitors.

I once had a dream where an entitiy came and told me these words.

" Put a Battery in the Sarcaphagus"'' I was in a " Christian lifestyle campus at the time ... and , after having this Dream and what I believe to be a " Message" ..
I promplty left.

Completely changing my beliefs or rather , my PoV.. ( Point of View).

What are the differences between a battery and capacitors?

A battery stores energy through a chemical reaction. The flow of electrons (i.e. electricity) causes an oxidation/reduction reaction to occur between a metal and an electrolyte. This reaction effectively stores the electrical energy by forming a new compound. When energy is taken out of a battery, the chemical reaction goes the other direction. Of course since nothing is perfect, this process does not store 100% of the energy going in nor release 100% of the energy going out. Extreme temperatures dramatically effect this reaction resulting in poor battery performance. Also, this reaction gives off heat which increases the temperature of a battery resulting in low performance or reduced life. Every time this reaction takes place a battery looses its ability to transfer energy. After about 500 to 1000 cycles a typical battery needs to be replaced.

and again..

An advanced capacitors does not store energy through a chemical reaction.
The electrons that enter into an advanced capacitors get stored in tiny pores that exist in the carbon material on each electrode. The carbon material is like a sponge storing electrons through millions of nooks and crannies. Because the electrons are not converted into a chemical compound, they are quickly stored, and there is very little degradation. In fact, an advanced capacitors can be cycled 50,000 times without loosing more than about 20% of its original energy.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by gLuEBoY]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Archaeological discoveries of the last century (which include the Baghdad Battery among others), indicate that a working knowledge of energy devices might have been present in ancient Middle Eastern cultures, and therefore it might not have been beyond Moses'

Ladies and Gentleman.. We need to turn on a lost technology..
Its right there in front of our faces..
" Put a Battery in the Sarcaphagus".
I believe this " Sarcaphagus " to be in Egypt somewhere.. On the Giza plateau..

Yet again it could be elsewhere...

Possibly in S. America maybe Palanque..

What I do know is I was givin a message by an " Individual who was very human looking except for his skin tone... He was Greenish.. Like we see in Heiroglyphs.

Please consider it...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenT
There are many stories of "amazing miracles" in the Bible. Is it possible that these were just accounts of people experiencing technology that they didn't understand at the time?

Sometimes technology can be used to envoke scare tactics into the general public and provoke them into thinking a certain way.

Propaganda...media...but what about technological inventions, like batteries?

How would you feel if you found out today that the Ark of the Covenant was powered on batteries and a brilliant marketing campaign.

Try doing a search on the "Baghdad Batteries". There was a special on this on the television show, "MythBusters".

Brilliant Marketing Campaign......

Im right on top of that one.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This thread has realy fired my imagination today, so I am going to throw a few thoughts out there then you guys can put me right... As I'm sure you will

I got to thinking how the pyramids themselves could have been a kind of giant capacitor/negative resistance diode??... There are pyramids all over the world that seem to be on the same latitude.. Alongside this most had solid gold capstones..Also they were aligned to various star constellations... In the pyramid a Giza there are various openings that also correspond in alignment to certain star systems... The corpses of the kings and their slaves and wives who got buried with them could have acted as the biological component?? Or as a means of securing their "power"... Them being the source of power? Could that be where we get the concept of power in terms of political/kingly power from, from actual power energy??

Could the alignments of the pyramids around the globe be be some kind of Tesla style power network grid??? Just a few thought....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ley Lines...

Tesla style network grids..

Hmmm....

Oh yeahh...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Put a Battery in the Sarcaphagus....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join