It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

I would like to formally request an avatar. I am not skilled in the art of photoshopfu and need a sensei.

Take a look here...... and start at the top of the page here.... - between those 2 links there is about 500 or so to choose from and you are welcome to choose & use what you like - if they inspire you but you want something specific then just come back here and ask

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I apologize, I should have said that I read the entire thread (yes, really!) and didnt see anything quite fitting for me.

I wouldnt have asked otherwise because as I said, I am not particularly good at asking for things from others.

I dont know, maybe an animated avatar of a banner flying in the wind? Thems be the limits of my creativity

edit: actually, an animated banner with something like this on it would be pretty neat. I have no idea how difficult that would be though.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yeah, all good there

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

OK, I have fairly limited skills compared to others here, but just basically playing with the cosine image you had;

This is the basic image, resized to fit in the 180x480 format for an avatar background. To me it's pretty squashed up though.

This is the same image tilted 90 degrees and resized to the same;

And this is the same image, but just mirrored;

It is fairly basic though, but animation isn't my strong suit. Also keep in mind only an avatar can be animated, background images are not allowed to be animated under the T&Cs of ATS.

Hope this gets you started , and if you find any other images you would like, post em up and we'll see what we can do.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Here you go mate - all based on Sine waves

Let me know any any of them suit?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
oh wow....some beautiful work since I've been gone......had a wonderful trip.....was in the most amazing church you could imagine...absolutely fabulous stained glass....lol...who knew God likes to hang out in Pittsburgh........

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just dropping by to say hi to everyone. Great to see this thread soldiering along!

Also, if you get any requests for a rework/build from scratch job and have no-one around to take it on (or you're already snowed under) just send me a u2u I'll be happy to call in and see if I can help.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Come on MountainLaurel - you know the drill - photos or it didn't happen

Anyway - what church was that? sounds beautiful - I love that sort of architecture.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

LadyJae,

do you mean that you'd like to see the lady's image overlaying the background pic (the first one), then fitted into the cameo brooch in place of the original (ivory colored) cameo image?

If so, I think I'd be able to do that without too much trouble. All I need to know is if you want the background image downsized to get as much of it as possible inside the space available on the brooch. (Otherwise only a small piece of it would show.)

Just let me know.
After you reply please send me a u2u with a link to the thread page here (or your post) as I'm all over the place these days. Otherwise I might not see your post until I remember to get back here!

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This one:

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Is really quite neat! I think it may be a bit complex to put on a flag/banner? I may be mistaken. I really would like some subtle animation somehow worked into it. From its size, it looks like a background I think, and as you said, the animation is in the avatars.

I love the image though, its perfect! Any ideas on how to get some movement?

edit: and thank you thank you thank you for your time and effort, it is very much appreciated. It really is.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hi Serdigam,

Sublimecraft asked me to drop by and see if I can help out on this one.

It's a real challenge and I'll have to work out the best way to do it, but I think some form of animation is possible if I set it up avatar size. Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can come up with.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Hi Serdigam,

Sublimecraft asked me to drop by and see if I can help out on this one.

It's a real challenge and I'll have to work out the best way to do it, but I think some form of animation is possible if I set it up avatar size. Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can come up with.

Best regards,

Mike

Thats awesome, I really appreciate it! Take as much time as you need, I am in absolutely no rush.

I was even thinking that something like using a cut out of the background picture, and using that part to animate might be easier? Then it would just overlay the background image as an avatar. It looks like the second section "down" in that pic would even be a good part to use and would be placed relatively well. Im not sure how good it would actually look, but just an idea.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Come on MountainLaurel - you know the drill - photos or it didn't happen

Anyway - what church was that? sounds beautiful - I love that sort of architecture.

LOL...I just e-mailed my cousin to get the name of the church......seriously...it was so beautiful....this huge brick building, several towers, would never see anything like this in CA....I was in awe.....the Priest was so funny and cool too......he started out making a joke that since everyone had come to church on sat. for the wedding, they were off the hook for sun........really the whole experience melted me.....watching two people give thier Love to each other is very special....and yeah....I cried........♥

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hope everyone is doing well! Sorry I haven't had much time to come on here and play

Things are going well, just staying extremely busy!
Miss you guys very much!

Hopefully I'll have some time with the long weekend. As for now, I have tests to grade, plans to write, activities to create and hopefully time to sleep by the time I'm finished!

We may get a few months off in the summertime, but the school year definitely makes up for it!! I leave the house around 6:30 am and get home around 7 pm.... sometimes 10 or later! I'm wiped out!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This isn't an avatar issue but, I was hoping someone could help me out here.

I've used this pic plenty of times welcoming new members to the forum but, the last time I used it, a mod removed my post for being off topic (strangely enough, just hours after another mod gave me an applause for the exact same post
).

The best I can figure, its because of the Teabagging remark. ATS has been very strict about any sexual innuendo in pics recently.

Is it possible to remove that line and shorten the sign to make it look like the line was never there and there's no blank space left over?

Its one of my favorite pics and I'd hate to have to stop using it because that one line crosses the T&Cs.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is so good to see everyone again

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ok......what does teabagging mean? tell in IM if it can't be said normal, I am curious?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
ok......what does teabagging mean? tell in IM if it can't be said normal, I am curious?

Urban Dictionary

Upon further review, maybe I should have the salad tossing line removed too.

Salad tossing

Is there any term out there that doesn't have any sexual meaning anymore?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I removed the tea-bagging line. Hope it looks OK. Salad tossing is less known, so it shouldnt cause any problems. Any phrase can be profane if used in the right context.

edit on 8/29/2012 by ShadowLife because: Wrong posting of image.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

Sweet!

Can't even tell the pic was edited.

I knew I came to the right place for this. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join