It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Hello All....hope all is well....has been busy around here too....but wanted to check in......

KingLizard your avatar turned out awesome.....I loved that image already....the "stars" in the sky, and reversing the image really took it to a whole new level.....

PC....Loved the black kitty looking at the ladybug too....you really nailed that one...I hope she will like it.....

I have had a few thoughts on the Fender guitar one.....how about guitar being played with some sort of animation, by an alien, or some other kind of interesting character or animal? Kinda inspired by another members avatar....of Hitler playing the banjo, but something more slow...with a more "hip" vibe...ohh and the character needs long hair...lol......

edit on 3-8-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

Thanks!! Hope she likes it!

KingLizard definitely took it to a whole new level, AWESOME job!!!

.....have a couple of hours to get myself awake and moving for the day before my head starts spinning and stuff, I may look for some good long haired aliens

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae

Originally posted by Charlee87

I found a few online that I am thinking of using, still unsure. I never thought picking an avatar would be so hard.

It's a very personal thing. Can I change it later if I decide I don't want it anymore?

You surely can
Several of us have a "closet" of avatars/backgrounds.

J
edit on 8/1/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

Well, finally picked one, actually 2, but I still love that Lion one as well, but I see it's taken now. O'well.
How do you guys make them so colourful? Love that look! Didn't see any online like that

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlee87

Well, finally picked one, actually 2, but I still love that Lion one as well, but I see it's taken now. O'well.
How do you guys make them so colourful? Love that look! Didn't see any online like that

Both of your avatars are lovely!

I would love to be able to design like the artists in this thread do. I'm in awe of their talent.

Which picture are you talking about, Charlee? Way back pages ago, a link was given to a site with some wonderful pictures (and a world of possibilities).

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

J

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Oops! wrong thread.

Might as well contribute something while I'm here.

Found these in the beautiful pics thread:

Originally posted by Maluhia
I had no idea these amazingly beautiful creatures existed until I stumbled upon these pics.

Extremely rare - blue tiger - also known as the Maltese tiger

They look like they should be painted on black velvet. I'll bet they would make cool avatars too.

edit on 8/3/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
here are a couple more things I found with the guitars

gotta get my butt moving now.... may see everybody this evening at some point

edit on 3-8-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

very nice!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Charlee87

Oh Charlee.....your avatar is Beautiful ! I love fairies, I'm thinking of changing mine to the one with a girl looking at fairies in the meadow, one of my favorite pics here so far....only problem is I Love my signature, and they wouldn't match ? LOL, I guess I still come from that generation that shoes and purse need to match...which has been pointed out to me is no longer the trend ! My daughter will wear red shoes, with any color purse she likes, but then again she did once have blue hair, which she talked me into dropping $100 bucks for....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

WOW! I love that picture (ladybug/black cat). Just perfect. You got a huge, "AWW" out of me with that picture.

Thank you! I will keep an eye on this thread as well since I have seen so many beautiful pictures.

You're wonderful!

Edit: Yay, I'm so happy!!
edit on 3-8-2012 by LoveyLadybug because: Add

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveyLadybug
reply to post by PurpleChiten

WOW! I love that picture (ladybug/black cat). Just perfect. You got a huge, "AWW" out of me with that picture.

Thank you! I will keep an eye on this thread as well since I have seen so many beautiful pictures.

You're wonderful!

Edit: Yay, I'm so happy!!
edit on 3-8-2012 by LoveyLadybug because: Add

You are very welcome

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to [url= by MountainLaurel[/url]

Thank you so much the image really speaks to me that color and strong image of the lioness. When it's a powerful image that speaks to me. I spent a lot of time altering the image and adding additional imagery. I am really pleased with the image you found thank you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to [url= by PurpleChiten[/url]

Thank you for your dedication and finding a truly wonderful image. I can't thank you enough.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to [url= by PurpleChiten[/url]

Thank you for your dedication and finding a truly wonderful image. I can't thank you enough.

You are very welcome! Glad to have you here!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I reworked the image and am pleased with the outcome...took forever.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I reworked the image and am pleased with the outcome...took forever.

Wow, absolutely stunning!!! Well worth the time and effort!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hey guys,

nice to see this thread is still well and truly alive and kicking.

I got a question. Now I'm a bit of a technophobe (which is crazy since I work with computers for half the day) but if I want to do something I can figure out how to do it if given a gentle nudge in the right direction. Now I also take a lot of pics (2nd link in sig if anyone's interested) and I've always wanted to leaarn a few photo/pic manipulation skills.

My question is what program/s are all of you using to work your magic. Is it just photoshop? What about the animations? I'm well in need of a new laptop (see below) and when I get a little cash and a lot more motivation this is something I'd really like to try for myself. Cheers in advance

Ye I know, plz don't laugh (too hard)

What you may immediately notice is that the screen is entirely held on by gaffer tape which meant I had to drill two holes through either side of it so I could simply hold the screen up with string.

What you won't immediately notice is that half the keys need bashing with a small hammer in order to work, the battery only now keeps it going for 7 minutes (I've timed it), the sound no longer works except for one really loud *beep* if I screw up (so no YouTube or music or....well...yeah) and it has a bunch of other software issues that would make your computer look like Bill Gates' PC.

So ye, I'm well in need of an upgrade, and when I get it I definitely want to give everything you guys are doing a shot.
edit on 4/8/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I use gimp because it's the "free one"

www.gimp.org...

it doesn't have as many "bells and whistles" but it's actually a great little program and you can google lots and lots of interactive help topics on it that can teach you to do just about anything with it!

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I had to chuckle a little, honestly. That is one humble laptop. What are the specs of that tired pc?

I use an old think pad, with a 750mhz processor, and maybe a gb of ram. It runs linux, mint 8, and won't upgrade to anything higher. So it's become my personal favorite. (No pics!) I do have a couple others networked with better specs, this is just my dedicated ATS laptop.

And it's Gimp. I'm running 2.3. Contrary to popular belief (ahem Chiten!) is does have bell and whistles, but the learning curve is a lot higher than PS. But, it does animation, and can do other fancy things, if you learn how. There are plenty of online tutorials to hunt for and read. Someone like you would be tenacious enough to figure them out.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'll also do a shameless plug for the newest ATS Avatar Video.

There's artwork in it directly from the result of this thread, (hint, Marty and Agarta) but it was in production while you guys were making new avatars, so I didn't get everyone's new avatars in it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I use gimp because it's the "free one"

www.gimp.org...

it doesn't have as many "bells and whistles" but it's actually a great little program and you can google lots and lots of interactive help topics on it that can teach you to do just about anything with it!

Good luck!

Thanks again Chiten, definitely look into it when I get the chance. I also like the sound of that ‘free’ part you mentioned…

Originally posted by Druid42

I had to chuckle a little, honestly. That is one humble laptop. What are the specs of that tired pc?

I use an old think pad, with a 750mhz processor, and maybe a gb of ram. It runs linux, mint 8, and won't upgrade to anything higher. So it's become my personal favorite. (No pics!) I do have a couple others networked with better specs, this is just my dedicated ATS laptop.

And it's Gimp. I'm running 2.3. Contrary to popular belief (ahem Chiten!) is does have bell and whistles, but the learning curve is a lot higher than PS. But, it does animation, and can do other fancy things, if you learn how. There are plenty of online tutorials to hunt for and read. Someone like you would be tenacious enough to figure them out.

And thank you Druid.

Specs….!?!? It’s an Acer I got as a graduation/Xmas present at the end of 2005. And when I press the buttons letters appear on the screen (usually)

The photo I actually uploaded for some thread on crappy computers, but I gotta say I'm a sentimental fool and it will be sad to see the old girl go. I am however looking forward to not having to wait 1 to 2 minutes between clicking on a link and actually having it come up tho. (also I don’t live in total squalor – the milk crate is simply where it sits in my room where I work at a iron ore mine 9 days a fortnight).

But cheers for the tips, although I didn’t really understand anything you said in that 2nd paragraph... But I’ll definitely look into this ‘Gimp’ program (despite the fact the name gives me flashbacks to a certain scene in Pulp Fiction I’d probably rather forget). At the moment I simply just ‘tweak’ my photos a little with MS Picture Manager which no doubt will also make you computer buffs chuckle even more…

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So does everyone that asked for an avatar have one?

I actually have a little time to work on them this weekend...

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join