It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
all of these would have to be resized, but they're colorful!

We can resize and personalize very easily

Those are really nice!

I found a few online that I am thinking of using, still unsure. I never thought picking an avatar would be so hard.

It's a very personal thing. Can I change it later if I decide I don't want it anymore?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlee87

I found a few online that I am thinking of using, still unsure. I never thought picking an avatar would be so hard.

It's a very personal thing. Can I change it later if I decide I don't want it anymore?

You surely can
Several of us have a "closet" of avatars/backgrounds.

J
edit on 8/1/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i'm new to ATS and i'd love a cool avatar

something to do with fender electric guitars would be choice

oh,and some instructions on how to set it up! i'm pretty useless when it comes to computers

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by turkey79

oh,and some instructions on how to set it up! i'm pretty useless when it comes to computers

Welcome, turkey79

One of the designers will be along shortly.

While you're waiting, click this: Avatar Upload: Step by step instructions.

J

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
could i get this image as my avatar, not sure how one goes through the steps to do it, not really good with photoshop.

Its the book of mudora from Link to the Past

edit on 1-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Welcome, the3onetruth

One of the disigners should be along later.

Your link is broken, by the way. You may want to paste it as a URL link instead of an image code.

J

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by turkey79

Hey turkey79,

Would you like a '79 Strat for your avatar? Or, do you want multiple guitars? Or, perhaps a figure of a person playing a guitar?

Also, would you prefer a picture of a real guitar or do you mind if it is creatively interpreted?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Hey there th3onetruth,

I see you've already found out how to add the book to your avatar.

I can spice it up for you if you'd like. I found varied versions of it, let me know if you would like to see some alternative ideas.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sorry I wasn't on much yesterday and today.... school is starting back soon and I have to get my classroom ready and stuff and I've been whipped!

I'll see what I can pull together for some of you folks and I"m sure the other (and the better artists!) will do the same. Sorry for the wait

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveyLadybug
If this thread is still going, I could use some help too. I don't post much but would like to have an avatar or background.

I like ladybugs obviously and Lovey in my user name comes from my medium hair black cat so that would be a good choice as well.
If other ideas are needed, let me know.

I read through the first part of this thread (about 20 pages) and you all do wonderful work. Thank you for the time!

Your description made me think of putting this together, both from black backgrounds and incorporated into a single picture

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by turkey79

Here are a couple of fenders

or we can do something completely different

To make them your avatar:
Right click and "save as" then put it somewhere you can find it.
at the top of your ATS screen, click "tools" and then "ats uploads". Then click the button on the upper left that says "select image file" and go to where you saved your pick, click on it and let it upload. This puts it in your own upload space in case it gets deleted or something from mine.
when it's in your upload space, click on it and it'll open in a new window.
underneath the picture, there will be some options, one will be "Avatar". Click that, and it'll take you to your profile page. Be sure to click "submit" under the Avatar selection so it'll make it all "official" and stuff and it'll then be your avatar

good luck!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Great work Ottobot!! Glad you've been here... this getting back to work after a nice summer off has me licked!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Thanks for helping folks out LadyJae!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Since I am online for a few.... this thread needed bumped!

My love to everyone!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

Thanks for helping folks out LadyJae!

My pleasure, PC

J

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
Since I am online for a few.... this thread needed bumped!

My love to everyone!

It is good to see you back, OB

J

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Probably... possibly.... going to be offline for a few days, maybe a week.
Have to get my classroom ready, get things moved into a new house (not leaving my old house, just gonna have two in order to cut down on a daily commute and be back here on the weekends), do a bunch of other stuff and gonna be busy as a one legged man in a kicking contest.

I'll drop by when I get a chance, hope everyone is able to keep doing what we do

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Would you mind if I pinched the colorful lioness for my avatar? I have a idea for the image.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hello All....hope all is well....has been busy around here too....but wanted to check in......

KingLizard your avatar turned out awesome.....I loved that image already....the "stars" in the sky, and reversing the image really took it to a whole new level.....

PC....Loved the black kitty looking at the ladybug too....you really nailed that one...I hope she will like it.....

I have had a few thoughts on the Fender guitar one.....how about guitar being played with some sort of animation, by an alien, or some other kind of interesting character or animal? Kinda inspired by another members avatar....of Hitler playing the banjo, but something more slow...with a more "hip" vibe...ohh and the character needs long hair...lol......

edit on 3-8-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Would you mind if I pinched the colorful lioness for my avatar? I have a idea for the image.

Beautiful job on the tweaking KingLizard!!!

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join