It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I know there are a lot of folks out there who are very proficient with photoshop applications as well as artistic. I thought maybe we could have a thread dedicated to requests for avatars and those willing to help create them.

My skills are moderate, by no means "professional" but I'm willing to help out and I'm sure lots of other folks are as well.

So.... we can give it a try and let those who want them hook up with those who can make them and see what happens!

Maybe those asking for avatars can given some idea of what it is they're looking for or provide a pic they like that they'd like to have "tweeked" or something of that nature and the folks with the skills could jump in and see what they can come up with?

Worth a shot and would be great for positive interactions too!

SEE UPDATE HERE!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Mon Jul 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Um, pardon me, but can we pretend I'm 103 instead of my actual age & just find me ONE link that will a help a person understand, in simple, modern, rustic, British English, how to create an avatar on here (for free please) or use an animated gif from a web page for such (instead of a link that just goes to the top of the exact same page?!?, I already know how to bookmark something).

I promise I'll only ask once & try my very best to pay attention and be a good student.

It's funny, I readily use some fairly deep professional audio programs like, Pro-tools, Logic, Studio One & Melodyne, but I missed this important cultural literacy touchstone of making an avatar for my profile at some point.

I would love all the help I can get. PLEASE - Assume I know NOTHING of practically what key to click,.. send me a youtube video link that explains it step by step,.. anything, PLEASE!

I'm sorry if this seems ignorant to some,.. But I'm not denying my own ignorance, I'm trying to know it all but a cup can't hold the ocean's ya know? I REALLY want to learn & know more always.

So be a peach give us a hand,.. please?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pagedisciple

This is the best thread pertaining to avatar uploading. The main thing most new people do is have the avatar at the wrong size, so it ends up skewed or out of whack.
This thread allows an avatar to be customised not only to you, but to the right size.
The listed thread shows how, in step by step instructions how to place an avatar.
Hope this helps, I must retire now, but the US people should be waking up and heading this way soon, so they can help you along. If you're having no luck, post back and I can help you with an avatar upload.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

This is the best thread pertaining to avatar uploading. The main thing most new people do is have the avatar at the wrong size, so it ends up skewed or out of whack.
This thread allows an avatar to be customised not only to you, but to the right size.
The listed thread shows how, in step by step instructions how to place an avatar.
Hope this helps, I must retire now, but the US people should be waking up and heading this way soon, so they can help you along. If you're having no luck, post back and I can help you with an avatar upload.

74Templar,

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH! A brief scan of the link you posted seems to be exactly what the Dr. ordered, I would highly recommend that the OP contain an edit to allow a link to this, with perhaps a BIG ARROW and with a bold colored font saying, "simple to follow - step by step linky HERE!"

I love the intent of the original OP but felt flummoxed when it seemed circular in practice & I'm sure we could all agree that this information, when painted with a simple, wider brush such as this, will help newbies like myself to possibly ever avoid having to ask this question again. I pray I'm not the 1st to ask for this in ages.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Perhaps it's time for a "recap" post containing the mechanics of sizing and uploading avatars/backgrounds to one's profile. There are some differences between ideal sizing and ATS's guidelines.

A link to that post could be put into one's signature.

Welcome to the thread, Pagedisciple

J

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Although the edit window is long passed, I'll be happy to put the link in my signiture since I'm the first post on the thread if that will help any

I'll also ask a nice moderator buddy to put it in the opening post if possible

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
AAACCCCKKK!!! I shirked my duties!!!

I didn't tell somebody else to tabulate so it's my fault. Sorry.

So....

Ancient Civilizations

the winner is......

MISIOR

Awesome entries this week!

2nd place

Sublimecraft

Agarta

Ottobot

Im a Marty

PurpleChiten

Great Job everybody and thanks so much for the entries!!!

Misior, as the weekly winner, you are free to pick the next topic!
Let me know in the next day or so and I'll post the official thingy on Wednesday
....or you can post it either one

If I don't hear from you, I'll pick something or take suggestions

We'll be having another point-competition as we get closer to Labor Day (last week of August/first week of September time frame). Until then, just weekly competitions for "bragging rights"!

CONGRATULATIONS MISIOR!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi there. I have no idea what kind of avatar I want. Do you have some examples of what you currently have available?

Something Feminine, or cute???

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Charlee87

Hey Guys and Gals...Charlee is a brand new member...I sent her here to get hooked up with a new wardrobe....I told her this is the best little shop of avies on the web.

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Hey Guys and Gals...Charlee is a brand new member...I sent her here to get hooked up with a new wardrobe....I told her this is the best little shop of avies on the web.

Des

Thanks Des, your so sweet!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlee87

Des

G'day Charlee - take a look at these few - I have plenty more in previous posts.

(currently resizing)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Although the edit window is long passed, I'll be happy to put the link in my signiture since I'm the first post on the thread if that will help any

Now ya see that ATS? That's what I'm talkin' about, teamwork!!

Thanks PurpleChiten I appreciate your attention to this issue.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by Charlee87

Des

G'day Charlee - take a look at these few - I have plenty more in previous posts.

(currently resizing)

Thanks. The second one is nice, I like all the bright colours. Do you have more bright ones. I'm not sure if that's the one or not, I would like to see others.

Thanks, your awesome!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hi Charlee - take your time and have a look at my links below. There are literally 100's of pics pretty much ready to go.

Let me know how you get on mate.

NB: This is a complete database of all of my Avatar pics posted to date on this thread.

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. www.abovetopsecret.com...
3. www.abovetopsecret.com...
4. www.abovetopsecret.com...
5. www.abovetopsecret.com...
6. www.abovetopsecret.com...
7. www.abovetopsecret.com...
8. www.abovetopsecret.com...
9. www.abovetopsecret.com...
10. www.abovetopsecret.com...
11. www.abovetopsecret.com...
12. www.abovetopsecret.com...
13. www.abovetopsecret.com...
14. www.abovetopsecret.com...
15. www.abovetopsecret.com...
16. www.abovetopsecret.com...
17. www.abovetopsecret.com...
18. www.abovetopsecret.com...
19. www.abovetopsecret.com...
20. www.abovetopsecret.com...
21. www.abovetopsecret.com...

NB Some links appear at the top of the "next page" within the thread - just arrow back to the previous page - last post.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Clarification on links.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Hi Charlee - take your time and have a look at my links below. There are literally 100's of pics pretty much ready to go.

Let me know how you get on mate.

NB: This is a complete database of all of my Avatar pics posted to date on this thread.

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. www.abovetopsecret.com...
3. www.abovetopsecret.com...
4. www.abovetopsecret.com...
5. www.abovetopsecret.com...
6. www.abovetopsecret.com...
7. www.abovetopsecret.com...
8. www.abovetopsecret.com...
9. www.abovetopsecret.com...
10. www.abovetopsecret.com...
11. www.abovetopsecret.com...
12. www.abovetopsecret.com...
13. www.abovetopsecret.com...
14. www.abovetopsecret.com...
15. www.abovetopsecret.com...
16. www.abovetopsecret.com...
17. www.abovetopsecret.com...
18. www.abovetopsecret.com...
19. www.abovetopsecret.com...
20. www.abovetopsecret.com...
21. www.abovetopsecret.com...

NB Some links appear at the top of the "next page" within the thread - just arrow back to the previous page - last post.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Clarification on links.

Thanks. I'm skimming through them, there are a couple that I have my eye on. I will let you know when I pick one.

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pagedisciple

Now ya see that ATS? That's what I'm talkin' about, teamwork!!

Thanks PurpleChiten I appreciate your attention to this issue.

You are welcome!! And Super-DUPER Moderator DontTreadOnMe has taken care of the link too!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi I was wondering if you could help get an avatar? Maybe something with kitty's in it. Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Txcountrygirl

Look through some of these images

Cowboy Kitties

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks I found one I like

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Txcountrygirl

I'll have to hunt down the kitties but this is what I have that comes to mind when I see your screen name

very cute and sweet

definitely my favorite!

edit on 30-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Txcountrygirl
Thanks I found one I like

cool! If you want it personalized or anything, just let us know!

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join