It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Ancient Civilizations

I hope everyone likes it! Here is a link to the original picture before I edited it: upload.wikimedia.org...

Description: The entry of Turkish sultan Mehmed II into Constantinople

Awesome! Love that pic great job!

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos2know
reply to post by PurpleChiten

...thought the same thing PC! and then I noticed the lips move too....CreEpy....lol

Great effects though! .... just not with this particular pic

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hello again everyone, I haven't jumped on this thread in a while. I see some great avy's!!!! Nice work to all who helped. This is why ATS is a great community.

I also saw the idea for a Avatar website. This turned out to be a productive thread indeed Chit good job

I was wondering if someone could adjust my avy. Just noticed the name is covered.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
Hello again everyone, I haven't jumped on this thread in a while. I see some great avy's!!!! Nice work to all who helped. This is why ATS is a great community.

I also saw the idea for a Avatar website. This turned out to be a productive thread indeed Chit good job

I was wondering if someone could adjust my avy. Just noticed the name is covered.

I couldn't agree more my friend.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Various..............

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Beautiful America

I will be doing a few pictures for beautiful America. If anyone would be interested in using them as an avatar (after editing for size) or for their own personal use please do so.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There's all kinds of fun pics here. They just need to be resized.

www.layoutsparks.com...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whos2know
reply to post by JustMike

soooooooooo how does it look? LOL - love it.

thanks Mikey!

Glad you like it!

And about the animated one... Yes, I agree, she does look a bit creepy in some ways. But that animation was only an experiment as it's been ages since I've done any graphic work at all. The half-smile and her thumb moving were just extra touches as I like to add in little details.

By the way it would be a good idea to take a copy of the picture and save it for yourself. Just on the off-chance that the link to the picture might be lost one day if I ever get round to reorganizing my uploaded images. (I need to set up some extra folders as my upload area is a real mess!)

That doesn't mean you need to do anything like setting up your own copy as your avatar right away. Just have your copy saved somewhere as a backup.

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven83

Hi Coven,

here are two versions.

I slid the main image down and redid the lower part by a cut and paste and some cloning, then cloned various bits at the top to add more smoke and blue. Main thing was to get your name below your line of words!
But as your COVEN name looks a bit light in the original you have, I reworked it a little to make it darker in the second version. I've put the reworked one side by side your original so you can see how it'll look:

The images are about 127 Kb so they might need to be compressed. Pixel size is 213 x 566, as that appears to be about what you're using. But that can be adjusted, so if you're happy with the result just ask someone to fix the kb size or adjust the pixel size as you need.

Regards,

Mike
edit on 26/7/12 by JustMike because: I dunno. I forget!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

G"day Mike - great work mate.

Always good to have more talent for the thread - could you take a look at my suggestion linked below (half way down page 72) for theroguelion's avatar - could use your skills to put it all together.

Linky...

Cheers mate

edit on 26-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Gday mate.
(I grew up in Oz.)

I'll see what I can do with it. Can't see a problem with using the Canibus logo, as it's the just the stage name of the rapper Germaine Williams and I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Meanwhile, on the subject of ancient civilizations, I was hunting online for some cool pyramid pics -- especially ones depicting them being constructed -- and I found this:

So now we know! They had a little help from a Goddess! (Makes sense to me!
)

However that pic looks a bit washed out. The ancient photographer had the exposure all wrong. So I adjusted it:

And here's a few avatar sized images in case a member would like one:

and closer...

and closer still

They're slightly over max file size but that could be fixed.

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Thanks for the link! Loads of great images there. Here's one from the 1st page that I especially liked:

Redone to avatar size and with a few variations: older-style hue, more "glow" added, and also a "night" hue:

I have the variants available individually if anyone wants one.

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion
I would like an avatar of the big pyramid at giza with The Rogue Lion written on the base. and the "Canibus" C logo just above it please
. I'll leave the artistic interpretations to you guys, as long as it includes what I mentioned, then I'm good. have fun!!! C logo down there ( there are many more vivid interpretations of it if you google)

We'd be happy to do one for you
, but I have a few questions about details, such as:
Would you prefer a daytime or night scene? Or, would you like any special/weird sorts of colouring effects? And perhaps add a beam of light coming up from the pyramid apex that illuminates the C logo?

Does it matter if the other pyramids close to the main one are in the pic, or would you like the Cheops pyramid only?

Putting you name on the base of the pyramid can be done, but because of the pyramid's shape we'd probably have to go for a longish pic to fit it in. This will likely mean a fair amount of sand in front and/or sky above. In that case letters on the pyramid might be too small, so it could work better if they were in the sand -- or else in the sky. (It could be done as a sand-lettering effect in the sky, maybe. Or in the sand in the foreground, ditto. Sort of like the sand "images" in The Mummy movie, if you follow.)

Like to hear your thoughts on all this.

EDIT: Oh btw, meanwhile I'm working on a night-time scene with some light effects etc. See my next post.

Mike
edit on 26/7/12 by JustMike because: added an edit

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good Morning....just wanted to pop in and see all the new art work.......

JustMike....I love, love the image with girl and fairies, had to save that one...beautiful

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Yes, she's wonderful! Many thanks to SloAnPainful for the linky!

Here's where I'm up to with the request for theroguelion:
Starter pic:

Fitted to 200x700 pixel format (as that's the max allowed for a background -- can be cut down), sky and foreground stretched:

Sky darkened:

Light effects added:

C logo added with light effects, shadow added in foreground, pyramid shadowing enhanced, foreground made more golden to match main lighting:

Now just have to figure out how best to place and display theroguelion's name. (Might wait till he comments!
)

EDIT: forgot to include the possible 170x240 pixel avatar pic (still without name, though):

Mike

edit on 26/7/12 by JustMike because: added small avvy pic

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

hey Mike thats beautiful!

most excellent!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Your welcome. That's why I am here to view the great art work and help out any way I can.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh wow, they are all great....too many choices! I'm most fond of the first few, I love the cloud formations...will be fun to see what they end up with.....
nice work...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Wow that looks great JM thank you very much.

I might be able to resize it myself. Ill upload in a min, thx again

Edit: Looks much better.

edit on 26-7-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Ohh yes this worked wonderfully, we can see your name now....

why do you use a white for your ATS info... why not use a color that will show up better?

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join