It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
Thanks PurpleChiten

I like where you're going with it, but I was wondering if you could start with the black background, bring the the symbol in with the white flash, then the writing in with the blue flash... if you see what I mean?

I'm starting to wish I'd had the symbol white and the writing blue to start with lol, then it would suit the flashes better

In any case, it's looking better already so thank you

Kaidan

Yup, I can work more with it!!! And I can change the colors of the symbols pretty easily!

....some of the other folks are filing in now too, they may be able to come up with something even better, but I'll keep working anyway because I learn a lot that way!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
here are some stock photos I found that might be useful

this one is really cool!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Oooh! I like the green one. I love that color. Y'all are doing an awesome job. What programs are you all using? I think I might want to have a go at having some fun later on too!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Gimp for Windows.

Gimp for Mac.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Agarta because: Added pic and adjusted

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Gimp for Windows.
Gimp for Mac.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

Thank You!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I downloaded it a few days ago but it made no sense. There didn't seem to be any import image function and the layering didn't make much sense either, I guess I would have to learn about it properly first.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

To import you click "file" then "Open".

If you are putting an animated gif on a pic you use "Open in layers"

The layers simply allow you to add or alter a picture without altering the original but this really only matters in making gifs as jpg flattens the image. I am very familiar with it so feel free to ask away. If you have issues or dont understand I can talk you through it.

Edit to add: Originally I was proficient with Paintshop Pro and the change to Gimp was very difficult for me. It is a very easy to understand program, once you let go of the knowledge you have of other programs and understand the basics. Now I prefer Gimp to all my others including Photoshop.

By the way someone asked earlier if Gimp and Photoshop were compatible and I said no. This is not entirely true. Although Gimp has over 1100 brushes for download, Photoshop brushes work in Gimp as well.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Agarta

I downloaded it a few days ago but it made no sense. There didn't seem to be any import image function and the layering didn't make much sense either, I guess I would have to learn about it properly first.

If it helps any, I am going to give it a try as well and see what I can do...so you won't be the only one on a learning curve.

I am sure it will take some time else we wouldn't need these fine folks to make us avatars.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
here are some stock photos I found that might be useful

this one is really cool!

OK, as always so much creative things happening here...lol....I am having to really think about new ways to say "that is soo cool"....but I gotta say, that little wizard owl below the sketch of owl/wizard drawing in black and white was Great
...and it captured the "essence" of the request.....I bet the Wiz, enjoyed those images, and so did I.....
I hope the "Owl Wiz" shows up again......all your relatives are showing up Chiten !.
edit on 21-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

OK, as always so much creative things happening here...lol....I am having to really think about new ways to say "that is soo cool"....but I gotta say, that little wizard owl below the sketch of owl/wizard drawing in black and white was Great
...and it captured the "essence" of the request.....I bet the Wiz, enjoyed those images, and so did I.....
I hope the "Owl Wiz" shows up again......all your relatives are showing up Chiten !.

Maybe I'll use that one for my Halloween costume

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey all,

Thanks for the votes and the kudos regarding my avvie winning the comp - thanks for the points too!!

I have a few ideas for avatars..

Ancient Civilisations
ATS Live
Movie Themes....

What ya'll think???

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Good question. ATSLive Awesome like always. The shooting is f***** up and I think its a horrible situation and this is not a gateway to strict gun control.

Other then all that. Great show

I heard you on there Marty.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Hey all,

Thanks for the votes and the kudos regarding my avvie winning the comp - thanks for the points too!!

I have a few ideas for avatars..

Ancient Civilisations
ATS Live
Movie Themes....

What ya'll think???

Sounds pretty good!!!

We could have a weekly theme then have the contests for special occaisions! (so we don't burn out on them ...suggestion from my Mod-buddy)

Several mods drop in and out, they may like what they see and give applause or something if they like on the weekly thing and we'll do the direct points for the contests. Sound good?

As the winner and champion....we'll let you choose this weeks theme!!
....it pretty much runs itself but we'll say you're in charge this week!

:::handin my gavel over to Marty::: You can choose who to hand it to for the following week!

DontTreadOnMe is my mod-contact and ToTheTenth is also very open as is Kinglizard I think, if a mod is needed for anything
They're not just Super Mods, they're SUPER-DUPER Mods!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Good question. ATSLive Awesome like always. The shooting is f***** up and I think its a horrible situation and this is not a gateway to strict gun control.

Other then all that. Great show

I heard you on there Marty.

-SAP-

Hey SAP, yes ATS Live is awesome, glad you heard moi
heheh

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Ok, I'm in for 'Ancient Civilisations' type avatars.....

As per usual, 3 entries per person.

Tips for entries..

Ancient Egypt
Sumeria/Babylon types
Atlantis

etc... you get the idea

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

Ok, I'm in for 'Ancient Civilisations' type avatars.....

As per usual, 3 entries per person.

Tips for entries..

Ancient Egypt
Sumeria/Babylon types
Atlantis

etc... you get the idea

kewl!!!

I'm gonna see what I can come up with on this one!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Ancient Civilisation Entry

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Nice!
I'm working on mine right now too

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Ankshint Cibilizashun Intree

(had to use LOL-speak for this one)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well done mate - great Avatar & thanks for lending your talents and time to this thread.

The next themes of Ancient Egypt, Sumeria/Babylon & Atlantis sound cool - count me in

Thanks to Purple Chiten, Agarta and others for the ongoing awesome thread and effort to get the Mods involved too.

ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS ENTRY

"LIBERTY" (Ancient Cuneiform)

...............................................................................................................................................

Some to play around with.................
Sumerian "Tree of Life"

Gilgamesh

edit on 22-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join