It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Avatar Creations

page: 64
84
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Oh...By the way... Who LOVES my new avi that Agarta has put together for me???

I do. I love it.


He's still putting finishing touches on it, but was kind enough to let me test drive this one until then!


Thank you Agarta for your awesome work!


Pretty AWESOME!!!

We sure do have some great graphic artists here!!! ....and the rest of us are getting to learn a lot too!!!




posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I never could get those pics of the roos at our property's edge for you. Every time I get close enough they all take off. I have a pretty crap camera, so even when I could get a shot in you couldn't see them against the trees.

Bout the only close ups I have are taken at wildlife parks, and most of them have the kids in them.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I never could get those pics of the roos at our property's edge for you. Every time I get close enough they all take off. I have a pretty crap camera, so even when I could get a shot in you couldn't see them against the trees.

Bout the only close ups I have are taken at wildlife parks, and most of them have the kids in them.


You are so lucky to see that every day! That is wild...literally and metaphorically.


I almost spit my soda out at the "most of them have kids in them" part.
I know how they feel!
I look out my front door and see donkeys and a few cows. That's about as exciting as it gets in my neck of the woods.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


It's a great new avi, very cool.....I don't really ever think of Kangaroos being in an ocean setting, so I love the novelity of this picture, and way too cool the pic was actually taken by Agarta.....good job....

edit on 21-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


These are a few taken at a local wildlife park.

A couple of reds:


And an emu:


You're welcome to use the roo pic if you want to

edit on 21-7-2012 by 74Templar because: eta



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


Those are great photos....and you captured Emu....Chitens distant cousin !



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


It's a great new avi, very cool.....I don't really ever think of Kangaroos being in an ocean setting, so I love the novelity of this picture, and way too cool the pic was actually taken by Agartha.....good job....


I think they were in snow. Like a real life take on how my cartoon kangaroo avi was. There was another one he gave me that had the sky showing at the top and it made it easier to tell they were in snow in that one. They are adorable in any setting.
But I never really thought about them being in the snow either. I don't know why...but I didn't.
It's funny how that works.


Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


These are a few taken at a local wildlife park.

A couple of reds:


And an emu:


You're welcome to use the roo pic if you want to

edit on 21-7-2012 by 74Templar because: eta


You better believe those reds are on my hard drive!
Thanks! I am not sure why I am fascinated by them so much, but I have been for as long as I can remember. Have you ever touched one? I always assumed like they would have the same fur texture as a white tail deer.
edit on 7/21/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel
 

A few more of PC's distant cousins....


These are emus taken at a wildlife sanctuary near where my brother lives in Western Australia.




Most of them are rescues from accidents. Like roos, they love to jump in front of big bright things.

I wonder if anyone would make PC a purple emu avatar???



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


I think someone should volunteer to do that!
If I knew how, I would do it.

It always creeped me out a bit when I saw those big birds knees bending the wrong way when they walked.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I've never touched a deer before, but a roo is very soft. Their fur is pretty short but not coarse, kind of like a fine wool if that makes any sense. The main thing you have to watch out for is the claws, they are unbelievably sharp. The tame ones like to grab your arm when you're feeding them (they generally eat chook pellets), and hang on. I have had quite a few scars from being grabbed by a roo.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


A deer is pretty course IMO. I never thought much about their claws, but I have seen plenty of videos of the ones that get pissed off and kick/punch like crazy! I will have to put "Pet a Kangaroo" on my bucket list I suppose.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


I think maybe he was on the Aurora thread, there was a lot of talk about guns and lots of posts deleted. But not sure, I recall seeing some of his posts early in the thread.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


Well if you ever make it out this way I'd be happy to take you to a wildlife park to see them close up


OK, I think I can put this one up, this is my two girls with a joey red at Australia Zoo, taken about 2 years ago. The eldest with the hat is kneeling on the left, the youngest is standing over the red. This is what I meant when I said all the pics I have of roos close up are taken with the kids patting them.


edit on 21-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth
 


I'm not too sure, but don't want to go off-topic. I guess whatever it was it was done for a reason. It is a damn shame though.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys
 


thank you, I like the tree and stars especially and will add it to my background, trying a few to see which suits me better.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


OMG your daughters and the roo are too cute!! Thanks for sharing that one! They look like they are having a blast.
He was small enough that I might have tried to sneak him out.


Back on topic before the mods slap me with another off topic post plaque... Are you helping make the avatars as well? I think I am going to have to start playing with my paint program to see what I can come up with. This thread just went crazy and I see a lot of folks rocking a new look.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I can do basic stuff like resize and editing, but the skill level here is waaay above anything I'm capable of sadly. But the roo pics can be used as inspiration if you like. That's my contribution to the thread. (As well as letting new members know it's here...
)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by 74Templar
 


Those are great photos....and you captured Emu....Chitens distant cousin !


yeah....he's from my mother's side of the famly!



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


Agreed, I have seen some members return either as the same name or a new one...maybe?



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I've never touched a deer before, but a roo is very soft. Their fur is pretty short but not coarse, kind of like a fine wool if that makes any sense. The main thing you have to watch out for is the claws, they are unbelievably sharp. The tame ones like to grab your arm when you're feeding them (they generally eat chook pellets), and hang on. I have had quite a few scars from being grabbed by a roo.


I guess as marsupials they'd be similar to a possum.... of course not many folks have touched opposums either
.... maybe a shorthaired cat would be a good comparison



new topics

top topics



 
84
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

log in

join