It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

took the bedtime dose about 1/2 hour ago... not really working very well though. Going to take the sleep aid and see if it gets me drowsy enough to doze off for a while... until then, keep me entertained and away from all those bad threads that will get me in trouble

Here's a thread that shouldn't make your head explode. And, because it is about pictures, its kinda, sorta on topic for this thread.

Fun with Pictures

It also has a bunch of funny pics to look at while you're reading.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

took the bedtime dose about 1/2 hour ago... not really working very well though. Going to take the sleep aid and see if it gets me drowsy enough to doze off for a while... until then, keep me entertained and away from all those bad threads that will get me in trouble

Here's a thread that shouldn't make your head explode. And, because it is about pictures, its kinda, sorta on topic for this thread.

Fun with Pictures

It also has a bunch of funny pics to look at while you're reading.

THANKS!!!! that'll keep me busy for a little while!!

I was once impressed if I learned a little each day or two, but lately, I've been learning TONS every HOUR!!!

This is AMAZING and I can't wait to use it!!!

edit on 18-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Made the chiten avatar stay still for a while, maybe that'll help me sleep

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Great thread, thanks!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I like this one, it is probably better with more eye action though I wouldn't know how to apply any of the timings to them or how to resize and alter transparencies for making it a background. I would welcome any advice on this. Is this one you kindly created good to add as an avatar?

ETA I kind of like the whole face image better though, I think the shadows add a lot though yes to more eye action. I don't mind this is an avatar size, I was trying to get the UFO beam as a background but couldn't.

Many thanks

The image in the other post will not work because you have to create two separate files, it was just a mockup to show you what it would look like.

I did create a working full sized version of the avatar if you want to try it out temporarily just to see what it looks like.

I think I agree with you and probably zoomed in too much, will give it another shot if you want to keep using it.

Just let me know approximately how you would like it to look including the blink intervals. It's pretty easy to change it around.

* eyes closed __ sec.
* eyes open __ sec.
* eyes closed __ sec.
* eyes open __ sec.

(It is in two parts and you have to use both for it to work)

Background Image

URLS:

Background Image URL
files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Just checking in, I've been out rounding up support for this thread, posting welcomes in the new members thread and letting them know there is an avatar page available

Just to let some of you know, Agarta has started a new collaborative writing thread. I have thrown my hat in, and would love to see others get in on it also. The only stipulation is you must have Writer status to post, but ideas and directions would be welcome, even U2U either of us. Have a read and be part of the next great ATS works

Pantheon For A New Age

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Very awesome!! WTG on the introductions! I tried a few times but got distracted... darn ADHD....

I'll definitely check out your writing even though I'm not a writer! I appreciate talent in all forms!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Wow, I had lost this thread, and had to re-subscribe. I had over 8 pages to read!

And now, a CW story going on? I had to go over and read, very interesting premise, and I liked what I read so far. However, it's late, and I have to work tomorrow, so I don't have time to toss in a few paragraphs. I'll think about it, and perhaps add some tomorrow. Thanks for the link Templar!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Here is the working thread if you are interested in joining in. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Glad you made it back!!! Sleep well!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ok, subscribed to both threads. I always wanted to join in on one of the collaborations, but they were already developed. Good to see one at the beginning. Of course I'm going to be joining.....

edit on 7/18/12 by Druid42 because: missed a word

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thank you! I like the whole image better but with more eye action, the timings you did already look good, maybe if it wasn't as zoomed it would work as a background?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Also, I kinda wanted a "lighter" avatar, to switch out periodically. Something simple and "wolfish", and plain. Something "new member" friendly. I REALLY liked the giraffe/wolf, so something along that line:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thank you! I like the whole image better but with more eye action, the timings you did already look good, maybe if it wasn't as zoomed it would work as a background?

The eye action is a piece of cake, I just need the time in seconds for each of the 4 segments. The hard part is how to manipulate the image into the 500 x 200 pixel dimensions like you see in the above post.

In other words: where exactly do I place the crop lines?

Anyone else have any ideas on how to squeeze this gif into a full sized background and still have it looking nice?

Which one of these looks the best?

Also need help with how to align the two images perfectly in Photoshop without a lot of trial and error if anyone knows an easy way to do it, in this test image below you can actually see a little bit of the borders where the animated gif and the BG image join if you look real closely:

There are two ways I see to go on this one: either compress the image or crop it.

If you want to crop it I have to choose where exactly to place the dashed boxs you see in the 4 lower images.

compress the image:

or crop it:

or zoom out a bit, add some black and THEN crop it:

This one will look similar to what you have now:

edit on 19-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I probably like the latter of these the most, though is it possible to have an animated background? I recall reading somewhere it isn't unless there are some fancy manoeuvres...

Hopefully I am not being a hassle, you and the other guys have already done so much in creating my new avatars, so if it's easier, just avatar size with more eye action will be just great!

edit on 19-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Made the chiten avatar stay still for a while, maybe that'll help me sleep

It worked a little bit, I got about 5 hours

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Oh Boy.....look at my new signature IPM made for me.....I Love it, exactly what I wanted....Thank-You!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I probably like the latter of these the most, though is it possible to have an animated background? I recall reading somewhere it isn't unless there are some fancy manoeuvres...

Hopefully I am not being a hassle, you and the other guys have already done so much in creating my new avatars, so if it's easier, just avatar size with more eye action will be just great!

No hassles or worries at all, I just wanted to form an idea as to how to create the image.

I temporarily loaded the BG & animated avatar combo into my own profile to show what it looks like for illustration purposes of this post.

Here is a non-animated screen shot so this post will still make sense after I remove the image from my profile:

I haven't found an easy method of creating the two part full size animation which is why I was asking for more details. Will post another version using the template I saved from the last image in the previous post tonight after I get done with work.

Unless I am mistaken, these are the limitations to work around (someone correct me if this is off base):

In the below image the orange part is the avatar and the blue is the Background.

The avatar and the Background are two completely separate images but they must join precisely or the points of overlap will be visible which is actually noticeable in the above examples if you look real hard.

The only animation allowed according to what another poster said about the T&S is inside the orange area which sits on top of the Background.

Which means keeping all animation (a blinking eye in this case) inside of the orange area.

Does any one else have a Photoshop PSD of the two image positions or know the exact relative pixel locations for these?

I need help with how to align the two images perfectly in Photoshop without a lot of trial and error if anyone knows an easy way to do it

I really need a PSD template for this with the crop lines marked to align the two images and will have to create one unless someone else already has one I can use or just the image pixel specs & locations would be helpful if not.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think if you do something like the "show gridlines" option (I just grabbed a graph paper photo) and make an appropriate "grid" to upload to your background as well as your avatar in a different colored grid, it may give you a better idea of the alignments... I'll have to play with it and see how it works out. (the mathematician in me picked that way)

with a little maneuvering I came up with this

Hope it helps!

ETA: here's the background sized to 180x400

and the avatar sized 170x240

do a little magic with transparent layers and you should be able to get an alignment

edit on 19-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I did some geometry/algebra within the gimp program....

for this as the background

This partially transparent gif shows where the eye will have to be

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join